- Question 1: Hyderabad is hosting __ Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) ?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President's adviser Ivanka Trump jointly inaugurated the eighth Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) in Hyderabad today focusing on women entrepreneurs.
- Question 2: Who will be the chairman of 15th Finance Commission?
Explanation: The Government has constituted the 15th Finance Commission. Former bureaucrat and ex-Member of Parliament NK Singh will chair the Commission which will make recommendations for the five years commencing 1st April 2020.
- Question 3: Where is Mount Agung volcano?
Explanation:In Indonesia, Transportation Ministry today extend the closure of Bali’s International Airport for a further 24 hours because of ash from the eruption of the island’s Mount Agung volcano.
A report from local aviation authorities showed that aircraft flight channels are covered with volcanic ash and the airport situated nearly 60 kilometres from the volcano site will be closed until 7 a.m. local time tomorrow.
- Question 4: The Asian Development Bank will provide a150 million USD loan to ___ to improve its urban infrastructure?
Explanation:The Asian Development Bank will provide a150 million USD loan to Nepal to improve its urban infrastructure.
The project will be completed within five years and is expected to enhance urban infrastructure in the Terai region, reduce the flooding duration to less than an hour in its eight municipalities.
- Question 5: Name the Special Representative for Kashmir, who has reached south Kashmir’s Anantnag district to meet various delegations ?
Explanation: On the 3rd day of his second visit to Kashmir after appointment by the Centre, the Special Representative for Kashmir Dineshwar Sharma has reached south Kashmir’s Anantnag district to meet various delegations as part of reaching out to the people in Kashmir. Delegations of political parties at district level and a cross section of people met him at the Dak Bungalow.
- Question 6: Kidambi Srikanth is related with...?
Explanation:Ace shuttler Kidambi Srikanth, who won four Super Series titles this year, bagged the Sportsman of the Year award at the inaugural edition of Indian Sports Honours held in Mumbai.
A release said, Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu was the Sportswoman of the Year award in the individual sport category.
- Question 7: The United States Justice Department today indicted three Chinese nationals for hacking American corporations, including ...?
Explanation: The United States Justice Department today indicted three Chinese nationals for hacking American corporations, including Moody's Analytics and Siemens AG, for commercial advantages.
Federal prosecutors alleged that Wu Yingzhuo, Dong Hao and Xia Lei conspired to hack private corporate entities to maintain unauthorized access to and steal sensitive internal documents and communications from computers of those entities
- Question 8: Bajrang Punia and Vinod Kumar, are related with...?
Explanation: Asian champion Bajrang Punia and Vinod Kumar settled for silver medals at the Under-23 World Wrestling Championship in Poland after losing their respective finals
- Question 9: International Olympic Committee ahs banned five more ___ for life over Sochi doping?
Explanation: Five more Russian competitors from the 2014 Sochi Olympics were banned for life over anti-doping rule violations.
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) said in a press statement yesterday that the banned athletes include Dmitrii Trunenkov and Aleksei Negodailo, both in the gold-medal winning four-man bobsleigh team, plus biathlon relay silver medalists Yana Romanova and Olga Vilukhina.