- Question 1: Name the cyclonic storm which caused widespread rain in Tamil Nadu and Kerala?
Explanation:The cyclonic storm - Ockhi - has caused widespread rain along with ferocious winds in Southern Kerala, South Tamil Nadu and Lakshadweep Islands.
It has left a trail of destruction in Kanyakumari district and adjoining areas where relief measures are going on in full swing.
- Question 2: A Bill will grant constitutional status to NCBC to be re-introduced in Lok Sabha? In NBCC, what is the meaning of B ?
Explanation: Cabinet has cleared official amendments for reintroduction of a bill in the Lok Sabha in the forthcoming winter session to grant constitutional status to the National Commission for Backward Classes, NCBC.
Sources said, the Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved yesterday the amendments to clear the decks for reintroduction of the bill. Once passed by Parliament, the NCBC will have full powers to safeguard the rights and interests of OBCs.
- Question 3: Which Constitutional Amendment Bill Bill will grant constitutional status to NCBC?
Explanation: The proposed 123rd Constitutional Amendment Bill was first introduced and passed in the Lok Sabha. But, the Rajya Sabha passed it with certain amendments in the last session. This resulted in two different versions of the bill being passed by the two houses.
Therefore, the bill will now have to be reintroduced in the Lok Sabha.
- Question 4: The Cabinet has given its approval for signing and ratification of the Investment Cooperation and Facilitation Treaty (ICFT) between India and ... ?
Explanation: The Cabinet has also given its approval for signing and ratification of the Investment Cooperation and Facilitation Treaty (ICFT) between India and Brazil.
The Treaty will result in increase of investment flows between the two countries. It will also provide appropriate facilitation to Brazilian investors in India and Indian investors in the Brazil.
- Question 5: Kathakar - International Storytellers Festival has been inaugurated in.. ?
Explanation: Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju will inaugurate 7th edition of three day Kathakar - International Storytellers Festival in New Delhi.
Kathakar is the only oral storytelling festival in India and is a part of Ghummakkad Narain- the Travelling Literature Festival which was started under the aegis of UNESCO in 2010. The Festival is an attempt not only to preserve the art form but also create new audiences for the same. This year festival will be hosted in Delhi, Gurugram, Noida and Mumbai.
- Question 6: Complete the full form of AAR: Air to Air ...?
Explanation:An Indian Air Force Embraer transport aircraft specialised to conduct Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) function, successfully carried out Air to Air Refuelling (AAR) to fly a long duration flight beyond the aircraft’s stated endurance.
- Question 7: Ajeya Warrior 2017 is a military exercise between India and the ...?
Explanation: A 14 day long Combined Military exercise ‘Ajeya Warrior- 2017’ between India and the UK begins near Bikaner this morning. The exercise will take place in the Mahajan Field Firing Range near Bikaner of Rajasthan.
- Question 8: Saraswati Tripathy who passed away recently was a famous..?
Explanation: Prominent Gandhian and freedom fighter Saraswati Tripathy passed away yesterday. She was 89. Saraswati Tripathy, wife of late freedom fighter Brundaban Tripathy, was suffering from old age related ailments.
- Question 9: On December 1 __ celebrated its 54th Statehood Day ?
Explanation:Nagaland is all set to celebrate the 54th Statehood Day and the 18th Hornbill festival 2017 today at Naga Heritage Village, Kisama. President Ram Nath Kovind who is on a maiden visit to the state will grace the occasion and inaugurate the 10 day State Hornbill festival 2017.
- Question 10: Manodhairya scheme is related with....?
Explanation:The Bombay High Court has asked the Maharashtra government to notify the revised Manodhairya scheme under which monetary compensation to victims of rape and other offences against women was raised to Rs 10 lakh.
The government had told the court on Wednesday that it would revise the scheme, after facing flak from the court over the original scheme launched in October 2013.