- Question 1: Jenny Kim has been crowned Miss Supranational 2017. She is from.... ?
Explanation:Jenny Kim, a South Korean beauty pageant titleholder, has been crowned Miss Supranational 2017 in Krynica-Zdroj, Poland on December 1, 2017. She was crowned by the very beautiful Miss Supranational 2016 “Srinidhi Ramesh Shetty” of India. Altogether 65 contestants from across the globe participated at the prestigious pageant with Jenny Kim emerging victorious.
- Question 2: Who was the chief guest of the Shared Value Summit (SVS-2017) in New Delhi?
Explanation:Suresh Prabhu, the Union Minister of Industry and Commerce, was the chief guest for the Shared Value Summit 2017 in New Delhi on December 1.
The summit was organised by Shared Value Initiative India, Institute for Competitiveness (India), and SoulAce & India Council on Competitiveness in association with BusinessLine.
- Question 3: Who has been sworn-in as the new President of Republic of Kenya?
Explanation:Uhuru Kenyatta has been sworn-in for a second and final five-year term for the post of President of Republic of Kenya, a month after winning a bitterly disputed election rerun marked by delays and boycott. Several heads of states and tens of thousands of his supporters attended the inauguration at a stadium in the capital, Nairobi, on 28th November 2017.
- Question 4: What is the theme of the 2017 International Day of Persons with Disabilities?
Explanation:The International Day of Persons with Disabilities is observed every year on December 3 to promote the rights and well-being of persons with disabilities in all spheres of society and development and to increase awareness of the situation of persons with disabilities in every aspect of political, social, economic and cultural life.
- Question 5: ___ will host a ministerial meeting of UN Security Council (UNSC) on North Korea’ nuclear efforts?
Explanation:Japan will host a ministerial meeting of the UN Security Council (UNSC) on December 15, which will be focused on finding peaceful ways to pressure North Korea to halt its nuclear and ballistic missile tests and de-nuclearise the Korean peninsula. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres is expected to brief the council.
- Question 6: Which state government will set up the world’s first IT Campus for differently-abled persons?
Explanation:The Telangana State Government will set up the world’s first IT Campus for differently-abled persons. On the occasion of the World Disability Day (WDD), the state Government has signed an agreement with Vindhya E-Infomedia Private Limited to set up the Information and Technology (IT) campus to focus on creating employment opportunities for persons with disabilities on December 3, 2017.
- Question 7: Who has been appointed as the new CEO and MD of Infosys?
Explanation:Salil S Parekh has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) of Infosys, with effective from January 2, 2018. Parekh joins Infosys from Capgemini, where he was a member of the Group Executive Board.
- Question 8: ___ hosts Konark Dance Festival ?
Explanation:The 2017 Konark dance festival has started on December 1, 2017 in backdrop of the Sun temple in Konark, Odisha. It is one of the biggest dance festivals held in India.
- Question 9: Deepika Kumari is related with...?
Explanation: India's Deepika Kumari has won the bronze medal at the Indoor Archery World Cup Stage 2 that concluded in Bangkok on Sunday.
Deepika, seeded third, defeated 13th seeded Sayana Tsyrempilova of Russia 7-3 in the women's recurve bronze play-off.