- Question 1: ___ has been appointed as the Secretary (Economic Relations) in the External Affairs Ministry?
Explanation: According to the order issued by the personnel ministry, the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved his appointment to the post, in place of Vijay Keshav Gokhale, who was recently named as the Foreign Secretary.
- Question 2: As per ___ report 57% Indian doctors are not qualified?
Explanation: The government has termed as erroneous a World Health Organisation (WHO) report which claimed that 57 per cent of allopathic doctors in India do not have medical qualification.
- Question 3: ___ has highest contributing in Atal Pension Yojana
Explanation: The PFRDA said in a statement that the subscribers' base under the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) has reached more than 80 lakhs and growing at a good pace. Uttar Pradesh is the highest contributing state at 11.41 lakh APY subscribers, followed by Bihar and Tamil Nadu.
The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority of India (PFRDA) run Atal Pension Yojana (APY) has reached a subscriber base of 80 lakh.
- Question 4: Aayakar Setu is a scheme by...?
Explanation: Income Tax Department has launched an on-line chat service on its national website www.incometaxindia.gov.in. This is aimed at facilitating the taxpayers resolve their queries.
The facility is available on all working days from Monday to Friday between 10 AM and 6 PM. The module can also be accessed through a mobile application called ‘AayakarSetu’ on Android phone.
- Question 5: The world's biggest cleanliness survey - Swachh Sarvekshan Survey 2018 - has been launched in India by PM Narendra Modi. It will be conducted from the 4th of January to ...?
Explanation:The cleanliness survey was launched in 2016 as part of the Swachh Bharat Mission. The main objective of Swachh Survekshan is to encourage large-scale citizen participation and create awareness towards making towns and cities a cleaner and better place to live in.
- Question 6: India has excluded ___ from a SAARC Initiative
Explanation:India has excluded Pakistan from the list of SAARC member countries with which it will be connecting its state-of-the-art National Knowledge Network (NKN) for sharing scientific databases and remote access to advanced research facilities.
- Question 7: ___ will host 3rd Edition of Science Film Festival?
Explanation:Goa will be hosting the third edition of the Science Film Festival of India in January 2018. The festival, titled SCI-FFI Goa, is being organised by the state-based Vidnyan Parishad, Goa Department of Science and Technology.
- Question 8: ___ has shown country’s Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in higher education?
Explanation:The country’s Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in higher education has registered an increase from 24.5% in 2015-16 to 25.2% in 2016-17, according to the All India Higher Education Survey (AIHES) launched by Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Prakash Javadekar.
- Question 9: The Indian economy will expand by ___ in 2017-18, according to the new data of the government’s Central Statistics Office ?
Explanation:The economy had grown by 6.3% in the September quarter, after slumping to a three-year low of 5.7% GDP growth in the June quarter as the implementation of goods and services tax (GST) and demonetisation took their toll. The Indian economy grew at 7.1% in 2016-17.
- Question 10: __ will host city contract for 39th National Games in 2022?
Explanation: The tripartite contract was signed between the IOA, the Meghalaya State Olympic Association and the state government. Meghalaya had successfully co-hosted the South Asian Games in 2017.