- Question 1: Parliament passes NABARD (Amendment) Bill, 2017, seek to amend the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Act...?
Explanation:Parliament has passed the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Amendment) Bill, 2017 with the Rajya Sabha approving it on Tuesday.
The Bill seeks to amend the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Act, 1981.
The Bill allows the central government to increase the authorised capital of the Bank from Rs. 5,000 crore to Rs. 30,000 crore.
- Question 2: Saksham Yadav was related with...?
Explanation:Powerlifting world champion Saksham Yadav has died of his injuries after road accident near Delhi.
- Question 3: No Charges on Debit Card Transactions up to Rs ___ ?
Explanation:Customers will not have to pay any transaction charges for payments through debit card, BHIM app and other payment made for up to Rs 2,000.
- Question 4: Whistle language commonly called - bird language - is the language from ...?
Explanation:The unusual and very efficient whistle language commonly called - bird language - used as a means of communication by villagers in remote northern Turkey entered the UNESCO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage.
UNESCO has accepted the "bird language" of Black Sea villagers as an endangered part of world heritage in need of urgent protection.
- Question 5: Recently, ___ Countries have entered UN Security Council ?
Explanation:Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kuwait, Peru, Poland and the Netherlands formally joined the ranks of the non-permanent members of the United Nations Security Council to make a difference.
- Question 6: ___ is hosting 171st Araadhanai Music Festival?
Explanation:The main function of the festival is the choral singing of Thyagaraja’s five kritis in Ghana ragas.
- Question 7: GAIL has Commissions India's Second-Largest Rooftop Solar Plant in ___ ?
Explanation:State-owned gas utility GAIL India Ltd has commissioned the country's second-largest rooftop solar power plant in Uttar Pradesh
- Question 8: Where is Zojila Tunnel ?
- Question 9: The Constitution Amendment bill ____ seeks to create a new commission with constitutional status for the OBCs at par with the National Commissions for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
Explanation: The Lok Sabha today took up discussion on the Constitution (123rd Amendment) Bill, 2017 for consideration and passing. In the last session, the Rajya Sabha had made certain amendments in the bill.
The Constitution Amendment bill seeks to create a new commission with constitutional status for the OBCs at par with the National Commissions for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- Question 10: ___ Bank has partnered with Rajasthan Govt. to Promote Startup Culture ?
Explanation:Under this partnership, HDFC Bank will team up with the state government to provide end-to-end solutions like current accounts, credit cards and other solutions to startups under its SmartUp programme
- Question 11: A very powerful storm ___ recently affected western Europe?
Explanation: Three people have died and tens of thousands have been left without power as Storm Eleanor sweeps across western Europe. At least 29,000 homes were without electricity in France yesterday as a result of the bad weather.
- Question 12: __ govt has formed an education board for non-English medium schools?
Explanation: The Maharashtra government has decided to form an education board for non-English medium schools.
Speaking at a function in Sindhudurg district, Education Minister Vinod Tawde said that the government has decided to form an international education board to prepare syllabus for non-English medium schools.
- Question 13: Who is Don Pramudwinai?
Explanation: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj met her Thai counterpart Don Pramudwinai in Bangkok last evening and discussed a range of issues. External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said in a tweet that the two leaders discussed issues of connectivity, security and cultural co-operation to keep up with the growing momentum of bilateral ties.
- Question 14: Recently, Cabinet has approved the Agreement between India and ___ on Land Border Crossing?
Explanation:It will also facilitate movement of people on the basis of valid passports and visas which will enhance economic and social interaction between the two countries.
- Question 15: Recently, MoU between India and __ on Cooperation in Oil and Gas Sector has been approved?
Explanation:The cooperation envisaged under the agreement will facilitate promotion of investments in each other’s countries, technology transfer, R&D, conducting joint studies, capacity building of human resources and collaboration in the area of Start-ups.
- Question 16: The Reserve Bank of India has initiated'prompt corrective action against __ over its high bad loans?
Explanation:High net non-performing assets (NPA) and a negative return on assets (ROA) for two years in a row have prompted the action. The action would help improve its risk management, asset quality and profits.
- Question 17: NABARD has Sanctioned Rs 372.51 crore to ___?
Explanation:NABARD has sanctioned Rs 372.51 crore loan assistance under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) to Odisha towards irrigation and rural bridge projects for the last quarter of this fiscal.
- Question 18: ___ has Introduced Desktop ATMs in Rural India?
Explanation:The Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank (APGVB) has operationalized its first desktop ATM in Telangana.
The mini-ATM within the branch premises will facilitate customers to withdraw small amounts.
- Question 19: __ has been appointed as the new Deputy National Security Adviser?
Explanation: Rajinder Khanna was appointed the deputy National Security Adviser (NSA). He was the former chief of the country’s external intelligence agency Research and Analysis Wing (RAW).