- Question 1: ___ has become the First State to Launch High-Risk Pregnancy Portal?
Explanation:This portal not only helps in early identification of high-risk pregnant cases up to the grass-roots level but also ensures their timely referral to the civil hospitals for further management and delivery by specialists.
- Question 2: India’s Second FTII will be Set up in ___?
Explanation:Minister of State (I/C) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region Jitendra Singh announced that Arunachal Pradesh would get its first Film and Television Institute, being set up by the Union Government.
The first Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) was set up in Pune.
- Question 3: The Reserve Bank of India has announced to issue Rs10 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, the size of banknote will be ___?
Explanation:The new denomination has the motif of Sun Temple, Konark on the reverse, depicting the country's cultural heritage.
- Question 4: Philippe Coutinho is related with...?
Explanation: Team Liverpool sold Brazilian football player Philippe Coutinho to Team Barcelona for 160 million Euros ($192 million). With this, transfer of Philippe Coutinho has become the 2nd Most Expensive transfer in World Soccer History.
- Question 5: ___ has won the inaugural Tata Open Maharashtra Tennis cup?.
Explanation: Gilles Simon of France has lifted the inaugural Tata Open Maharashtra Tennis trophy.
- Question 6: John Young who died recently was a famous..?
Explanation:Legendary astronaut John Young, who walked on the Moon and later commanded the first space shuttle flight, has died at 87.
Young was the only agency astronaut to go into space as part of the Gemini, Apollo and space shuttle programs and the first to fly into space six times. He was the ninth man to walk on the Moon.
- Question 7: In the financial year 2016-17, total FDI of ___ billion dollars, which is an all-time high?
Explanation: During the year 2014-15, total FDI inflows received were 45.15 billion dollars as against 36.05 billion in 2013-14. During 2015-16, country received total FDI of 55.46 billion. In the financial year 2016-17, total FDI of 60.08 billion dollars, which is an all-time high.
- Question 8: Under Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme, annual allocation of __ crore rupees is provided?
Explanation: Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has given its approval to continuation of Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme, MPLADS, till the term of the 14th Finance Commission which is 31st March 2020.
The scheme will entail an annual allocation of 3,950 crore rupees. The MPLADS funds are released to the nodal District Authorities on receipt of requisite documents and as per provisions of Guidelines on MPLADS.
- Question 9: Where is Matunga suburban station?
Explanation:The Matunga suburban station on the Central Railway of Mumbai division has figured in the Limca Book of Records 2018 for having an all-woman staff.
The achievement comes six months after Matunga became the first railway station in the country to be run by an all-woman staff.