- Question 1: Who is UIDAI CEO
Explanation:The UIDAI today asserting that Aadhaar is an identification and not a profiling tool. Fielding questions on Twitter in a live chat, Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) CEO Ajay Bhushan
- Question 2: ___ will be next foreign secretary of India?
Explanation:Seasoned diplomat Vijay Keshav Gokhale will take charge as the next foreign secretary today, succeeding S Jaishankar.
A 1981-batch Indian Foreign Service officer, Mr Gokhale is currently serving as the Secretary (Economic Relations) in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Question 3: ___ has won the first prize at the Republic Day parade 2018 in New Delhi.
Explanation:Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has congratulated the team behind the state's tableau which won the first prize at the Republic Day parade in New Delhi.
The certificate issued by the Ministry of Defence says that the tableau on the coronation ceremony of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, presented by Maharashtra at the Republic Day parade this year, has been awarded the first prize. Mr Fadnavis in a tweet said it was a great news and proud moment.
- Question 4: ___ heads of ASEAN countries were the chief guests at Republic Day?
Explanation:India celebrated its 69th Republic Day on 26th January in Rajpath, New Delhi.
- Question 5: Name the first woman chairman of Indian Banks’ Association (IBA).
Explanation:Usha Ananthasubramanian, managing director at Allahabad BankBSE -1.28 % has become the first woman chairman of the Indian Banks' Association, the 71-year old industry body for banks.
- Question 6: ___ has become the first Indian Metro to get a Floating Market.
Explanation:Kolkata has become the first Indian Metro to get a Floating Market. The market will be located on a water-body with boats doubling up as shops. The market, located on the eastern fringes of the city, was inaugurated by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
- Question 7: ___ has launched the release of benefits under Mahatma Gandhi Sarbat Vikas Yojana, aimed at the inclusive growth of the distressed sections of the society.
Explanation:The government is likely to impose anti-dumping duty on a Chinese antibiotic.
The commerce ministry's investigation arm Directorate General of Anti-Dumping and Allied Duties,DGAD has recommended levy of up to 9.48 dollar per kg in its final findings.
- Question 8: India and ___________ released first ever set of commemorative postage stamps to mark the long-term friendly bilateral relationships between the two countries.
Explanation:India and Vietnam released first ever set of commemorative postage stamps to mark the long-term friendly bilateral relationships between the two countries.
- Question 9: The Ministry of Finance has announced that Payments Banks and Small Finance Banks will offer social security scheme named ____________ to their subscribers?
Explanation:Payments banks is a new model of banks conceptualised by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). These banks can accept a restricted deposit, which is currently limited to ₹1 lakh per customer and may be increased further. These banks cannot issue loans and credit cards.
- Question 10: How many players have won 20 or more Grand Slam singles titles before Roger Federer
Explanation: His sixth Australian Open Crown brought the Swiss star to the elite group of Margaret Court, Serena Williams and Steffi Graf, the only players to have won 20 or more Grand Slam singles titles.