- Question 1: World Cancer Day is observed on...?
Explanation:World Cancer Day is being observed today. The day is observed on 4th February every year to raise awareness about cancer, its treatment and to encourage methods of its prevention. The primary goal of the day is to reduce the illness and related deaths by 2020.
- Question 2: ___ is hosting 1st International Kala Mela?
Explanation:Vice-President M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the first International Kala Mela at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts in New Delhi on Sunday evening.
The objective of the event is to focus on direct interaction between the artist and the connoisseur and also educating and raising awareness about art.
- Question 3: In union budget 2018The allocation for the health sector has been raised by ___ crore rupees.
Explanation:Talking to PTI, Mr Kumar regretted that a completely baseless and false propaganda is being spread by the opposition leaders against the ambitious scheme of the Modi government. On funding of the scheme envisaging to cover about 50 crore people, the Niti Aayog vice-chairman said the allocation for the health sector has been raised by 6,000 crore rupees.
- Question 4: Where is Sal river?
Explanation:The Centre has sanctioned a new project to control pollution in Sal river at Navelim town in Goa.
The project was sanctioned today by the Environment Ministry under the National River Conservation Plan (NRCP).
- Question 5: India’s new payments banks will be allowed to accept deposits upto ___ ?
Explanation:These payments bank will be allowed to accept deposits (of up to Rs 1 lakh), provide payments and remittances services, and distribute third-party financial products.
- Question 6: Udyanotsav of the Mughal Gardens has been inaugurated at...?
Explanation:President Ram Nath Kovind today inaugurated the annual Udyanotsav of the Mughal Gardens of Rashtrapati Bhavan. The Mughal Gardens will remain open for the public from tomorrow to 9th of March between 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Question 7: A unique model floating market has come up in Patuli in ....?
Explanation:A unique, first-of-its-kind, floating market has come up in Patuli in Kolkata. The market is similar to the ones on Dal Lake in Srinagar and in Bangkok. The project is being implemented by Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority (KMDA).
- Question 8: Govt has removed MEP of ___ to boost exports of kitchen staple?
Explanation:The government has removed the minimum export price (MEP) of onion to boost exports of the kitchen staple. The Directorate General of Foreign Trade said in a notification in New Delhi yesterday that requirement of MEP on export of onions stands removed till further orders and all varieties of onions can now be exported without any MEP.
- Question 9: India has lifted the ICC Under-19 World Cup for the record ___ time?
Explanation:India has lifted the ICC Under-19 World Cup for the record fourth time. T
They defeated Australia by eight wickets at bay oval at Mount Maunganui in New Zealand, who were also eyeing the title for the fourth time. India achieved the target of 217 runs, with 67 balls to spare. They remained unbeaten throughout the contest.
- Question 10: ___ and SIDBI Launch India’s First MSE Sentiment Index?
Explanation:i. The Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs Arun Jaitley launched CriSidEx, India’s first sentiment index for micro and small enterprises ( MSEs) developed jointly by CRISIL & SIDBI.