- Question 1: ___ is the Chief Executive of the Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC)?
Explanation: Dr. Dinesh Srivastava, the distinguished nuclear scientist, has taken charge as the new Chief Executive of the Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC). He succeeded G. Kalyanakrishnan. In this capacity Dr. Srivastava will also be Chairman of the NFC Board.
- Question 2: ___ committee is drafting new National Education Policy (NEP)?
Explanation: he 9-member committee, headed by former ISRO chief K Kasturirangan, was constituted by the Union HRD Ministry to draft new National Education Policy (NEP) on June 2017. The committee will submit its report by March 31, 2018.
- Question 3: ___ is the new Chief Justice of Bangladesh?
Explanation: Syed Mahmud Hossain has been sworn-in as the 22nd chief justice Chief Justice of Bangladesh. He succeeded acting chief justice Abdul Wahab Mian.
- Question 4: Full form of: LTCG is - long-term capital tax ___ ?
Explanation:Finance secretary Hasmukh Adhia said the sell-off in India's equity markets is due to weak global sentiment and not because of the long-term capital gains tax (LTCG) announced in the budget.
- Question 5: ___ is hosting the first-ever International Kala Mela?
Explanation: The first-ever International Kala Mela has been inaugurated by the Vice President of India M. Venkaiah Naidu at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts in New Delhi on February 4, 2018.
The aim of the event is to focus on direct interaction between the artist and the connoisseur and also educating and raising awareness about art.
- Question 6: MPC full form is Monetary Policy ....?
Explanation:Reserve Bank of India’s Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting will begin today in Mumbai. The six-member MPC headed by RBI Governor Urijit Patel will meet for the Sixth Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement for 2017-18.
- Question 7: ___ containing complete information of taxi and auto-rickshaw drivers across the NCR region has been launched?
Explanation: Lieutenant Governor of Delhi, Anil Baijal today launched the upgraded version of original Himmat App and QR code containing complete information of taxi and auto-rickshaw drivers across the NCR- region.
- Question 8: Recently an emergency has been declared in ...?
Explanation: India said it is disturbed by the declaration of emergency in the Maldives and is carefully monitoring the situation in the island nation.
- Question 9: India is buying Rafael fighter aircraft from...?
Explanation: The Government has said the details of the agreement on Rafael fighter aircraft with France cannot be disclosed to the public.
In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha yesterday, Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said, the Inter-Governmental Agreement, IGA, between India and France on the purchase of the aircraft is classified information.