- Question 1: National Informatics Centre has organized three-day National Meet on Grassroot Informatics in ...?
Explanation:National Informatics Centre (NIC) is organizing a three-day National Meet on Grassroot Informatics- VIVID 2018 from today in New Delhi. The event will be inaugurated by Electronics and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad at India Habitat Centre. The theme for VIVID 2018 is - Cyber Security and Innovation.
- Question 2: ___ has decided to hike defence spending by over 40 percent
Explanation:France has announced plans to boost defence spending by more than 40 per cent, bringing it into line with NATO targets after complaints from US President Donald Trump that Europe is not pulling its weight. European NATO members have come under pressure from Trump to relieve the burden on the US, which currently accounts for about 70 per cent of combined NATO defence spending.
- Question 3: What is the range of Nuclear-Capable Prithvi-II Missile ?
Explanation:ii. Prithvi-II is capable of carrying 500-1,000 kilogram of warheads and is thrusted by liquid propulsion twin engines. It is a surface-to-surface missile and has a strike range of 350 km.
- Question 4: Where is Atapaka Bird Sanctuary?
Explanation:The Andhra Pradesh government has decided to hold the first-of-its-kind, one-day Pelican Festival at the Atapaka Bird Sanctuary on Kolleru.
- Question 5: ___ has been ranked the top environment policy think tanks in India ?
Explanation:The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) has been ranked the top environment policy think tanks in India while it has secured the 16th position in global rankings, climbing up two positions from the last year.
- Question 6: ___ and NCERT have joined hands to teach students digital safety?
Explanation:Google and National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) signed a pact to integrate a course on 'Digital Citizenship and Safety' in information and communication technology curriculum. It was signed on the occasion of Safer Internet Day (06th February).
- Question 7: The US-based ___ has successfully launched the world's most powerful operational rocket Falcon Heavy towards Mars.
Explanation:Falcon Heavy's thrust and capacity are the highest since NASA's Saturn V, which carried astronauts to the Moon. Falcon Heavy successfully lifted off from Launch Complex 39A at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
- Question 8: MSF is: Marginal Standing ...
Explanation: Marginal standing facility (MSF) is a window for banks to borrow from the Reserve Bank of India in an emergency situation when inter-bank liquidity dries up completely
- Question 9: Madavoor Vasudevan was related with...?
Explanation:i. Kathakali maestro Madavoor Vasudevan Nair collapsed on stage and died while performing at Agasthyacodu Mahadeva Temple, Kerala. He was 89.
- Question 10: Jhulan Goswami is related with..?
Explanation:Indian women's cricket team pacer Jhulan Goswami has become the first woman in the world to take 200 wickets in ODI cricket.