- Question 1: ___ has topped NITI Aayog Health Index?
Explanation: Uttar Pradesh fared the worst among 21 states on an outcomes-based comprehensive health index prepared for the first time by the federal think tank Niti Aayog, which ranked Kerala, Punjab and Tamil Nadu in the top three.
- Question 2: ___ has launched web-based monitoring system and fly-ash mobile application?
Explanation: Power Minister R K Singh launched a web-based monitoring system and a fly-ash mobile application. It will act as an interface between producers and consumers. The ASH TRACK Mobile App will manage 200 million tonnes of fly ash by tracking coal-based power plants situated within 100 km and 300 km from given location and availability of fly ash.
- Question 3: Recently, ___ has initiated disciplinary action against more than 13000 employees?
Explanation: Railway Ministry has initiated disciplinary action against more than 13 thousand employees who are on unauthorised absence for a long time.
Railways have instructed all the officers and supervisors to weed out these employees from the employees’ rolls after following due process.
- Question 4: Where is Sinai Peninsula?
Explanation: The Egyptian army announced the launch today of a major operation in the Nile Delta and the northern Sinai Peninsula, heart of a persistent Islamic State group insurgency. The army said in a statement, police and troops have been put on "maximum alert" for the duration of Operation Sinai 2018.
- Question 5: ___ committee has been constituted by Union Government to expedite capital acquisition for Armed Forces modernisation?
Explanation: Nirmala Sitharaman, the Union Defence Minister, has constituted a 13-member advisory committee to monitor and expedite capital acquisition projects for the modernization of the armed forces. The committee will undertake an independent review and check the status of ongoing critical projects worth more than Rs 500 crore.
- Question 6: Which country has become the world’s first country to repeal same-sex marriage?
Explanation: Bermuda has become the world’s first country to legalise and then repeal same-sex marriage.
The governor of the British island territory John Rankin approved a bill reversing the right of gay couples to marry, despite 2017 Supreme Court ruling that authorized same-sex marriage.
- Question 7: John Mahoney was a famous...?
Explanation: John Mahoney (77), an English-American actor of stage, film and television, has passed away in Chicago, United States on February 4, 2018.
- Question 8: ___ is hosting the 6th World Government Summit (WGS-2018)?
Explanation: The 6th edition of World Government Summit (WGS) 2018 will be held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) from February 11 to 13. The Indian delegation will be led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Question 9: Which union ministry has launched the Start-up-India ranking framework?
Explanation: Suresh Prabhu, the Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, has launched the Start-up-India ranking framework in New Delhi to help the Startup India initiative to drive economic growth of the country.