- Question 1: The Government is estimated to save ___ crore rupees annually in procurement of foodgrains as its tax expenses have reduced after the introduction of GST?
Explanation: Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan today said, only GST is being levied on procurement and not state taxes, resulting in 18 per cent reduction in taxes on foodgrain procurement. He added that the Centre is expected to save 1,600 crore rupees annually.
- Question 2: Every youth who is completing ___ years of age, will be given comprehensive health care with universal checkup?
Explanation: Union Health and Family Welfare minister JP Nadda today said that, Under the Aayushyman Bharat programme, every youth, who is completing 30 years of age, will be given comprehensive health care with universal checkup.
He was speaking after the inauguration of BhaBhatron-II machine of radiation treatment for cancer patient and laying foundation stone of 165 bed Cancer hospital building in Aurangabad.
- Question 3: Yuki Bhambri is related with...?
Explanation: A total of 13 Indians will feature in the singles main draw of the Chennai Open ATP Challenger to be played at the SDAT tennis stadium in Chennai.
Three Indians got into the main draw after coming through the final qualifying round. The singles main draw will see top-seed Jordan Thompson of Australia (ranked 103) take on Egypt's Karim-Mohamed Maamoun in round one.
- Question 4: __ is hosting the 4th Nepal Buildcon and Wood International Expo 2018?
Explanation: The 4th Nepal Buildcon and Wood International Expo 2018 has started at Kathmandu on February 9, which was inaugurated by Deputy Prime Minister of Nepal Kamal Thapa.
Manjeev Singh Puri, who is Indian Ambassador to Nepal, graced the event as guest of honour
- Question 5: __ is hosting the 2018 International Conference on Unani Medicine?
Explanation:The 2018 International Conference on Unani Medicine has inaugurated by Dr Jitendra Singh (the Union Minister of Development of North-East Region) with theme - Integration of Unani System of Medicine in Mainstream Healthcare - in New Delhi on November 10, 2018.
- Question 6: ___ has been conferred the - Grand Collar of the State of Palestine?
Explanation:Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been conferred with the - Grand Collar of the State of Palestine - by President Mahmoud Abbas for his key contribution to promote relations between India and Palestine
- Question 7: ___ railway zone has become the first Rail Zone in India with 100% LED Lighting at railway stations?
Explanation:The South Central Railway (SCR) has become the first railway zone in India to complete 100 per cent LED lighting at all the 733 stations under its jurisdiction.
- Question 8: ___ has been appointed as non-executive chairman of the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)?
Explanation: Biswamohan Mahapatra has been appointed as non-executive chairman of the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) for a period of two years, with effect from February 8, 2018
- Question 9: National Unani Day is celebrated on ...?
Explanation: The National Unani Day (NUD) is celebrated every year on 11th February to mark the birth anniversary of great Unani researcher Haqim Ajmal Khan.
He was an eminent Indian Unani physician who was versatile genius, freedom fighter, educationist and founder of scientific research in Unani Medicine.
- Question 10: India Rank is __ in Global Intellectual Property Index?
Explanation:India has increased “substantially” its score in the International Intellectual Property (IP) Index, ranking 44th among 50 nations, according to the US Chambers of Commerce report.
Last year, India ranked 43rd out of 45 countries in the Index.