- Question 1: Recently, a scheme 80:20 is in news. This scheme is related with..?
Explanation: The BJP has accused the previous Congress led-UPA government of opening all doors to favour some companies which were prohibited from participating in the 80:20 Gold scheme.
- Question 2: International Women's Day is observed on...?
Explanation: International Women's Day is celebrated on March 8 every year. It commemorates the movement for women's rights.
- Question 3: The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has made an increase in a journalist welfare scheme from 20 lakh to ___ crore rupees?
Explanation: The scheme covers journalists accredited to the Press Information Bureau, state governments, UTs, and non-accredited journalists working for a minimum five continuous years as news editor, reporter, photographer, cameraman and freelance journalist.
- Question 4: India saw a sharp decline of __ percent in child marriages in the last decade?
Explanation:India saw a sharp decline of 20 percent in child marriages in the last decade. The United Nations children's agency UNICEF said that as against 47 percent of the girls getting married before the age of 18, a decade ago, 27 percent girls are getting married, now.
- Question 5: New mobile app ___ and emergency number for highway users launched?
Explanation: Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari and Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today launched 24x7 toll-free assistance number National Highways in 1033 along with Sukhad Yatra Mobile App in New Delhi.
- Question 6: ___ event has marked the 70 yrs of Indo-Russia ties?
Explanation: Commemorating 70 years of the Indo-Russia ties, an event was held in New Delhi yesterday, seeking to expose the youth to the dynamic opportunities of cooperation between the two countries.
- Question 7: Where is Chandragiri railway station?
Explanation:With a view to empowering the women to workforce in Railways and to develop their morale and self-confidence, South Central Railway has taken initiative to make Chandragiri railway station in Guntakal Division, an - All Women Station.
- Question 8: RBI has imposed Rs 40 lakh penalty on ___ for flouting fake note norms?
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 40 lakh on State Bank of India for non-compliance of its directions on detection and impounding of counterfeit notes.
- Question 9: Where is Kandy district, which was in news recently?
Explanation:In Sri Lanka, violence continues unabated in Kandy district as several shops and establishments belonging to minority Muslim community were burnt today.
Several incidents of mob violence were reported from different parts even as the district is under curfew till tomorrow. People were advised not to move out of their homes and schools have been closed till further notice.