- Question 1: The founding conference of the International Solar Alliance held ...?
Explanation: The founding conference of the International Solar Alliance will be held at the Rashtrapati Bhawan Cultural Center in New Delhi tomorrow. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron will be hosting the conference.
- Question 2: Microsoft has signed its first-ever renewable energy deal in India for powering its and will set up its facility in...?
Explanation:Tech giant Microsoft has inked its first renewable energy deal in India for powering its new facility in Bengaluru. The facility, which will be operational from June 2018, is spread over 5.85 lakh square feet.
- Question 3: Who has become the first woman officer to be inducted as the first direct-entry combat officer in Indo-Tibetan Border Police?
Explanation:Prakriti has been inducted as the first direct-entry combat officer in the border guarding force, ITBP. She has a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and is right now based in an ITBP unit in Uttarakhand’s Pithoragarh.
She will soon join the Officers’ Training Academy of the force in Dehradun.
- Question 4: The 26th meeting of the Goods and Service Tax Council held in ...?
Explanation: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is chairing the 26th meeting of the Goods and Service Tax Council in New Delhi today.
The meeting is expected to discuss the extension of 3B return form and anti-profiteering rules.
- Question 5: __ has become the First UT to be 100% Powered by Solar Energy?
Explanation:Diu has become the first Union Territory in India to run 100 percent on solar power generated energy.
Diu has managed to generate surplus solar power for its residents, reducing their electricity costs, in a span of just three years.
- Question 6: __ has announced the Pension For Single Women
Explanation: Under this scheme, the women who aren't married and are above the age of 50 will be given pension.
- Question 7: Anjum Moudgil is related with...?
Explanation: Indian shooter Anjum Moudgil clinched a silver medal in the women’s 50m Rifle 3 Positions event at the ongoing ISSF World Cup in Guadalajara, Mexico. It was Anjum’s first World Cup medal. Former junior world champion China’s Ruijiao Pei won the Gold Medal in that event.
- Question 8: Pyarelal Wadali who passed away was a famous...?
Explanation: Ustad Pyarelal Wadali, younger brother of Ustad Puran Chand Wadali passed away in Amritsar, Punjab. He was 75. He was one of the singers of popularly known 'Wadali Brothers'.