- Question 1: The government will institute an award for best investigators of crime, which will be know as..?
Explanation:The government has decided to institute an award for carrying out the best investigation of crime for promoting high professional standards among police forces.
The award - Union Home Minister's Medal for Excellence in Police Investigation - will be given to the best investigators of police forces of States, Union Territories and central investigating agencies.
The Home Ministry said, officers from the rank of Sub-Inspector to Superintendent of Police are eligible for the award.
- Question 2: How many members are there in International Solar Alliance?
Explanation: The United States has applauded India for its efforts in initiating and inaugurating the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
ISA is a treaty based inter-governmental alliance of 121 sunshine-rich countries that lie fully or partially between the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn.
- Question 3: Which country wants to trade with India using Indian rupee?
Explanation: Venezuela wants to trade with India using Indian rupee, its Foreign Minister Jorge Arreaza said today. The arrangement to trade in Indian rupee currently exists between Iran and Bhutan and Venezuela wants a similar arrangement with India.
- Question 4: Football world cup 2018 will be held in..?
Explanation: It is scheduled to take place in Russia from 14 June to 15 July 2018, after the country was awarded the hosting rights on 2 December 2010.
- Question 5: Recently, ___ has approved anti-defection bill?
Explanation: The Maldives Parliament has approved the anti-defection bill with retrospective effect amidst boycott by opposition MPs.
According to the bill, MPs elected on political party tickets will lose their seat if they leave their party, get expelled, or switch parties.
- Question 6: Centre has formed a Tribunal to solve Mahanadi Water dispute between __ and Chhattisgarh?
Explanation:The Centre has constituted a three-member Mahanadi Water Disputes Tribunal to adjudicate the dispute between Odisha and Chhattisgarh over sharing the river's water.
In a notification, the Ministry of Water Resources said, Supreme Court Judge AM Khanwilkar will be the Chairman of the tribunal, with Justice Ravi Ranjan of the Patna High Court and Justice Indermeet Kaur Kochhar of the Delhi High Court being the other two members.
- Question 7: __ has become the official umpire partner of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for 5 years?
Explanation:The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has announced its association with Paytm as the Official Umpire Partner of the VIVO Indian Premier League for the next five years. Paytm is also the Title Sponsor of India Cricket.
- Question 8: ___ has been honoured with the Godavari Gaurav award 2018?
Explanation: Amol Palekar, the well known actor and director, has been honoured with the ‘Godavari Gaurav’ award at an event in Nasik on March 10, 2018. He is known for his performance in films like “Gol Maal” , “Choti Si Baat”, “Chitchor” among others.
- Question 9: Which union minister has been given additional charge of the Union Ministry of Civil Aviation?