- Question 1: CBDT has extended PAN-Aadhaar linking deadline to ...?
Explanation:The PAN Aadhaar linking deadline has been extended to June 30 by the CBDT through an order issued.
Current deadline was 31st March. It is understood that the latest order by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has come in the backdrop of the Supreme Court, earlier this month, directing extension of the March 31 deadline for linking Aadhaar with various other services.
- Question 2: ___ to collaborate with NITI Aayog's Atal Innovation Mission?
Explanation:NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission today signed a Statement of Intent with SAP, a tech company, to promote innovation and entrepreneurship.
As part of the agreement, SAP will adopt 100 Atal Tinkering Laboratories for five years to nurture science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) learning among secondary school children across the country.
- Question 3: ___ has become the 1st District in India to Have 100 per cent Solar Powered Health Centres?
Explanation:Gujarat's Surat district has become the first district in the country to have 100 percent solar powered Primary Health Centers (PHC).
There are a total of 52 PHCs in the district and all of them are now powered by the solar system. This initiative will not only bring down the electricity bill by 40 percent but also help fight global warming.
- Question 4: World Theatre Day is observed on ...?
Explanation: The World Theatre Day has been celebrated annually on the 27th March by ITI Centres and the international theatre community.
World Theatre Day was initiated in 1961 by the International Theatre Institute ITI. The first World Theatre Day Message was written by Jean Cocteau in 1962.
- Question 5: SWIFT codes are most commonly used for international wire transfers and are comprised of ___ alphanumeric characters?
Explanation: SWIFT announces the extension of its GPI Tracker to cover all payment instructions sent across the network, enabling GPI banks to track all their SWIFT payment instructions at all times, and giving them full visibility over all their payments activity.
- Question 6: The Ministry of Finance has approved a proposal to provide government guarantee of ___ crore in the current financial year for Indian Railway Finance Corporation (IRFC) bonds to be subscribed by LIC?
Explanation:The guarantee fee for the amount has also been waived by the Ministry. The decision will ease the flow of borrowed funds for Ministry of Railways to undertake projects.
- Question 7: FPI stands for: Foreign Portfolio .....
Explanation:The government and the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) are highly likely to increase the foreign portfolio investment (FPI) limit in long-term government securities (G-secs), Business Standard has learnt.
The official announcement will be made before the end of this week.
- Question 8: Manu Bhaker and Anmol are related with..
Explanation:The duo of Manu Bhaker and Anmol secured India's seventh gold medal in the ISSF Junior World Cup in Sydney .
The pair won the mixed 10-meter air pistol event with a qualification world record. They finished 5.6 advantage over their closest rivals, China's Liu Jinyao and Li Xue.
- Question 9: ___ has offered to host talks between Afghan government and Taliban?
Explanation: Uzbekistan has offered to host peace talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban, a move that could make Tashkent a player in settling the decades-long conflict in the neighbouring country.
President Shavkat Mirziyoyev told a conference in Tashkent attended by Afghan President Ashraf Ghani that they stand ready to create all necessary conditions to arrange direct talks between the government of Afghanistan and the Taliban.