- Question 1: REcently, India and ___ have agreed to further strengthen bilateral relations in key areas of border security, connectivity, trade and agriculture?
Explanation: Aiming to expand cross-border rail linkages, the two sides have also decided to construct a new electrified rail line, with India’s financial support. The rail line will connect the border city of Raxaul in India to Kathmandu in Nepal.
- Question 2: Name the Foreign Secretary of India?
Explanation: Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale will travel to Bangladesh. He is expected to meet his counterpart Mohammad Shahidul Haque in Dhaka and discuss ways to deepen the bilateral ties.
Mr Gokhale is also likely to meet the Foreign Minister of Bangladesh, Abul Hassan Mahmood Ali. This is Mr Gokhale's first visit to Bangladesh after taking over as the foreign secretary.
- Question 3: Punam Yadav is related with...?
Explanation: President Ram Nath Kovind has congratulated weightlifter Punam Yadav on winning Gold medal at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games. In a tweet, Mr Kovind said, the super performance by Indian weightlifters continues at the Games.
- Question 4: ___ govt has announced the special benefits to TB patients?
Explanation: Haryana government has decided to provide special benefits to tuberculosis patients in an effort to eliminate the infectious disease by 2025.
Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij yesterday said, the state government will provide nutritional support of 500 rupees per month to notified TB patients during their treatment with effect from April 1 this year through Direct Benefit Transfer system.
- Question 5: ___ will offer Free chemotherapy treatment for cancer patients from June?
Explanation:Maharashtra government has announced that cancer patients would be provided free chemotherapy treatment at district hospitals with the first phase of the plan starting in June.
- Question 6: Complete the full form: PDOs - Public __ Office ?
Explanation:Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) mooted an ambitious model of a public Wi-Fi grid that aims to slash Internet access cost by 90 per cent, and push broadband proliferation in India.
TRAI Chairman RS Sharma told reporters that the regulator's concept involves Public Data Office Providers (PDOs) - much like PCOs of yesteryears that galvanised connectivity.
- Question 7: Organ donation has been made part of school syllabus in ...?
Explanation: In Maharashtra, secondary school students will now be educated on organ donation.
A chapter on this issue has been incorporated in the new science book of Class 10 from the next academic year with an aim to create awareness about organ and cadaver donation.
- Question 8: What is the capital of Azerbaijan?
Explanation: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has begun her three-day visit to Azerbaijan to participate in the Mid-Term Ministerial Meeting of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) in Baku.
- Question 9: ___ has been Appointed as Next Ambassador of India to Serbia?