- Question 1: SC wants security for ___ woman forced into marriage without her consent?
Explanation: The Supreme Court has asked the Centre to grant protection to a Karnataka woman who alleged that she has been married off without her consent.
The woman, who is presently in Delhi and being assisted by Delhi Commission for Women, has also sought striking down of certain provisions of the Hindu Marriage Act on the grounds that the consent of the bride or the groom has not been made mandatory in the law.
- Question 2: Recently, India signed 4 agreements including one on Double taxation, Judicial co-operation, Establishment of Entrepreneurship with ...?
Explanation: India and Zambia today signed four agreements to strengthen the ties between the two countries.
The agreements include one on Double taxation, Judicial co-operation, Establishment of Entrepreneurship Development Institute in Zambia and visa exemption on diplomatic passports and official holding relevant passports.
- Question 3: Ankita Raina is related with..?
Explanation:Ankita Raina has become only the third Indian woman tennis player to breach the top-200 rankings in singles.
She jumped 15 places to reach a career-best 197 in the WTA chart. The 25-year-old Ankita is the first player to achieve the feat since Sania Mirza put India on the singles map with her remarkable achievements over the years.
- Question 4: Shreyasi Singh is related with...?
Explanation: Indian shooter Shreyasi Singh gave India its 12th Gold medal of the Commonwealth Games at Gold Coast today.
She bagged the coveted yellow metal in the Women's Double Trap event, after beating Aussie Emma Cox in the shootout. Emma settled for a Silver, while the Bronze went to Scotland's Linda Pearson. The other Indian in the event, Varsha Varman finished fourth.
- Question 5: ___ court has refused to drop case against Reuters journalists?
Explanation: In Myanmar, a court in Yangon has rejected a motion to drop a case against two Reuters journalists arrested while reporting on the Rohingya crisis.
The reporters were arrested in December on charges of violating the country's Official Secrets Act for possessing material relating to security operations in conflict-hit Rakhine state.
- Question 6: ___ has decided to scrap quota system in govt jobs amid protest?
Explanation: In Bangladesh, the Government has decided to scrap the quota system in government services after student's protest across the country against a controversial policy of setting aside jobs for special groups.
- Question 7: As per ADB, India will grow 7.3% this financial year and in Next year?
- Question 8: ___ and Egypt to resume direct flights two years after attack?
Explanation:Russia and Egypt will resume direct flights today two years after a bomb downed a Russian charter over the Sinai peninsula in 2015.
Moscow stopped direct flights citing security concerns after the attack, in a major blow for the Egyptian economy, which relies heavily on tourism and had been a popular destination for Russians.
- Question 9: ___ has opted out of Air India disinvestment process?