- Question 1: What is the capital of Sweden?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has expressed confidence that his visits to Sweden and United Kingdom will be useful in enhancing India's engagement with these countries.
In his departure statement prior to his visit, Mr Modi said, he is visiting Sweden and the United Kingdom for bilateral meetings and for the India-Nordic Summit and the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting during 17th to 20th of this month.
- Question 2: The Moluccan Sea is located in the western Pacific Ocean, around the vicinity of ...?
Explanation: A moderately strong 5.9-magnitude earthquake hit Indonesia's Molucca Sea today. The US Geological Survey said the quake struck at a depth of 36.5 kilometres, its epicenter was 85 kilometers northwest of Kota Ternate.
- Question 3: Dharmendra will be conferred with the prestigious ___ Lifetime Achievement?
Explanation:Veteran Bollywood actor Dharmendra will be conferred with the prestigious Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement and filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani with Raj Kapoor Special Contribution awards.
Maharashtra Culture Minister Vinod Tawde tweeted the names of the winners on Sunday. He said he is delighted to announce the names of veteran actor Dharmendra and director Raj Kumar Hirani as winners for this year’s award.
- Question 4: Bisket Jatra is a famous festival of ...?
Explanation: In Nepal, the famous Bisket Jatra is being celebrated in Bhaktapur and other parts of Kathmandu valley.
The nine day annual festival marks beginning of Nepali new year. The Jatra begins four days before the start of new year. It is believed that the festival started during Malla dynasty. There are many legends associated with the Jatra.
- Question 5: When was The India Meteorological Department founded?
Explanation:The India Meteorological Department, IMD will issue its first official forecast for 2018 southwest monsoon rains in New Delhi.
It accounts for about 70 percent of the country’s annual precipitation. This is an annual event that sets the tone not only for agricultural production but also the manner in which the economy, stock markets, inflation and interest rates would move in the year.
- Question 6: NASA to launch washing machine-sized spacecraft ...?
Explanation:NASA is to launch a washing machine-sized spacecraft that aims to vastly expand mankind's search for planets beyond solar system, particularly closer, Earth-sized ones that might harbor life.
The Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite, TESS, is scheduled to launch today from Cape Canaveral, Florida. Its main goal over the next two years is to scan more than 200,000 of the brightest stars for signs of planets circling them and causing a dip in brightness known as a transit.
- Question 7: India has won ___ medals in Commonwealth Games 2018 ?
Explanation:India finished third in the medals tally at the Commonwealth Games 2018 with 66 medals (26 Gold, 20 Silver and 20 Bronze).
- Question 8: The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) signed an MoU with the __ to provide skill training to 500 youth and women at Kudankulam in Tamil Nadu?
Explanation:The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) signed an MoU with the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) to provide skill training to 500 youth and women at Kudankulam in Tamil Nadu.
- Question 9: Punjab National Bank has celebrated its...foundation day?
Explanation:State-run Punjab National Bank (PNB) launched new products such as pre-approved credit card and UPI solution to mark its 124th foundation day.