- Question 1: India will sign pact with ___ for enhancing road safety measures?
Explanation: Surface Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari today said India will sign pact with South Korea for enhancing road safety measures.
Speaking at the inauguration of 29th road safety week in New Delhi, Mr Gadkari, who recently visited South Korea narrated how centralised traffic system could ease the traffic problems.
- Question 2: Delhi Police has traced about 3,000 missing children in just four days by using....?
Explanation: Delhi Police has traced about 3,000 missing children in just four days by using facial recognition system (FRS).
Delhi Police has started using the FRS software on a trial basis to track down the missing children. This was stated by the Women and Child Development Ministry in an affidavit to the Delhi High Court.
- Question 3: __ is hosting 8th South Asian Judo Championship?
Explanation: President Ram Nath Kovind has congratulated Indian women and men athletes for winning gold medals at the 8th South Asian Judo Championship in Nepal.
- Question 4: In February this year, fair trade regulator, CCI had slapped a fine of 136 crore Rs on ___ for unfair business practices in the Indian market for online search?
Explanation:The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) today reserved its order on an interim plea of Google seeking a stay on 136 crore Rs fine imposed by Competition Commission of India, CCI.
In February this year, fair trade regulator, CCI had slapped a fine of 136 crore Rs on Google for unfair business practices in the Indian market for online search.
Passing the order on complaints filed back in 2012, the regulator said the penalty is being imposed on Google for “infringing anti-trust conduct."
- Question 5: __ will host the world's first female foreign ministers' meeting in September.
Explanation:Canada and the European Union will host the world's first female foreign ministers' meeting in September.
The announcement was made by the Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland yesterday in Toronto. She said the meeting will be held for 2 days starting on September 21st in Canada.
- Question 6: Recently, the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) has been completely removed from ...?
Explanation: The Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) has been completely removed from Meghalaya and partially revoked in Arunachal Pradesh by being reduced from 16 to eight police stations in the state.
The Act has been removed from all areas of Meghalaya from 31 March and the decision has been taken due to a significant improvement of security situation in the state, a Home Ministry official said.
- Question 7: Khongjom is a place in...?
Explanation:Manipur is observing Khongjom Day to pay tributes to the great warriors of Anglo-Manipur battle of 1891 at Khongjom in Thoubal district. The warriors laid down their lives safeguarding the freedom of the state.
- Question 8: ___ has pulled 11 websites down over pirated content?
Explanation: The Maharashtra government has pulled 11 websites down after receiving complaints from the entertainment industry that pirated content was displayed.
The Maharashtra Cyber Digital Crime Unit, which was launched last August, pulled down these websites. Brijesh Singh, special Inspector General of Police, Maharashtra cyber cell, said the collective viewership of these websites was over 80 million.
- Question 9: The International Monetary Fund, IMF has said that India is expected to grow at ___ per cent in 2018?
Explanation: The International Monetary Fund, IMF has said that India is expected to grow at 7(point)4 per cent in 2018 and 7(point)8 per cent in 2019 and would re-emerge as one of the fastest growing major economies in the period.
The IMF explained this is due to the strong private consumption as well as fading transitory effects of the currency exchange initiative and implementation of the national goods and services tax.
- Question 10: Bengal’s ___ India’s Best Gram Panchayat?
Explanation:West Bengal has once again topped in the country with Digambarpur Gram Panchayat (GP) bagging the Centre’s award for the best Gram Panchayat in the country.