- Question 1: Panchayati Raj Day is observed on...?
Explanation: National Panchayati Raj Day (National Local Self-Government day) is the national day of India celebrated by Ministry of Panchayati Raj on 24 April annually
- Question 2: ___ has launched the Atal New India Challenge?
Explanation: Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), under the NITI Aayog, launched the Atal New India Challenge today.
Under the challenge, grants of up to one crore rupees, and mentorship will be given to the winning ideas. Addressing the gathering on the occasion, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said, the challenge will be a milestone in terms of innovation in various sectors.
- Question 3: Where is Metropolitan Museum of Art ?
Explanation: The prestigious Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET) is returning an idol of Goddess Durga to India.
MET President and CEO Daniel Weiss signed a Memorandum of Understanding for return of the idol and handed it to India's Consul General in New York Sandeep Chakravorty.
The Indian Consulate in New York tweeted that Minister of State for Electronics & Information Technology and Tourism K J Alphons was present on the occasion.
- Question 4: Vesak festival is also known as ..?
Explanation: Vesak, also known as Buddha Purnima and Buddha Day, is a holiday traditionally observed by Buddhists and some Hindus on different days in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Tibet, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Indonesia.
- Question 5: __ is hosting India-Nepal Inter-Governmental Committee (IGC) meeting on trade, transit and cooperation to Control Unauthorised Trade?
Explanation:India-Nepal Inter-Governmental Committee (IGC) meeting on trade, transit and cooperation to Control Unauthorised Trade started in Kathmandu today.
The Indian side is led by Commerce Secretary Rita Teaotia. The main focus of two day meeting will be on further strengthening trade and investment ties between both the countries.
- Question 6: India and ___Joint Military Exercise - Harimau Shakti?
Explanation:As part of ongoing Indo-Malaysian defence cooperation, a joint training exercise Harimau Shakti will be conducted in the dense forests of Sengai Perdik, Hulu Langat, Malaysia.
- Question 7: Coastal Security Exercise - Sagar Kavach - Held in ...?
Explanation:Exercise - Sagar Kavach - is being conducted to strengthen and assess the loopholes in the coastal security mechanism along Kerala shores.
Along with Coastal Police and Marine Enforcement wing, Indian Coast Guard and Indian Navy is also participating in Exercise ‘Sagar Kavach’.
- Question 8: Government to Tie Up with __ to Jointly Develop New Pollution-Forecast System
Explanation:The Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) is tying up with the US and Finland to develop new pollution-forecast system that will help anticipate particulate matter (PM) levels at least two days in advance and at greater resolution.
- Question 9: HUDCO was founded on 25th April ...?
Explanation:The Minister of Housing and Urban Development Hardeep Singh inaugurated the 48th Foundation Day of Housing and Urban Development Corporation.
- Question 10: In World Press Freedom Index Report what is India's rank is...?
Explanation:According to the 2018 World Press Freedom Index compiled by Reporters Without Borders (RSF), India has ranked 138th (sliding 2 positions down from 136th in 2017).
The list has been topped by Norway. North Korea was at the bottom-most position (180th) in the list.