- Question 1: Indian Meteorological Department has issued an advisory to Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra and the Lakshadweep archipelago over cyclonic storm... ?
Explanation:Indian Meteorological Department has issued an advisory to Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra and the Lakshadweep archipelago over cyclonic storm - Sagar.
The cyclonic storm lay centered over the Gulf of Aden, about 390 km east-northeast of Yemen's Aden city and 560 km west-northwest of Socotra Islands.
- Question 2: Road construction to go 40 to 45 kilometres per day by March ...?
Explanation:The NDA Government is completing four years at the Centre.
News Services Division of All India Radio will broadcast a special series - Chaar Saal Modi Sarkar - to highlight the achievements of various ministries.
The theme of today's programme is "Connecting India".
- Question 3: NHRC issues notice to ___ govt over police brutality, illegal arrest of Dalits?
Explanation:National Human Rights Commission has issued a notice to Rajasthan government over reported police brutality, illegal arrest and false implication of several Dalits in the state after the protest against the Apex Court order on SC/ST Act.
Taking suo moto cognizance of a media report, the commission issued a notice to the Chief Secretary and has called for a report within six weeks.
- Question 4: India's 1st Solar Powered Railway Station has started to work at...?
Explanation:Guwahati now has India's first railway station run by solar power.
The project of installing solar panels was commissioned in April 2017. Around 2352 solar modules with a capacity of generating 700 kwp has been set up over the roof of the Guwahati railway station.
- Question 5: ___ is the Cleanest City In Swachh Survekshan 2018?
Explanation:As per the Swachh Survekshan 2018 results, Indore has once again emerged as the cleanliest city in India. Bhopal has been ranked 2nd and Chandigarh 3rd in the survey at the national level.
The announcement was made in New Delhi by Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri.
- Question 6: World Telecommunication and Information Society Day is observed on ...?
Explanation:The World Telecommunication and Information Society Day was observed across the world on May 17. The theme for WTISD was Enabling the positive use of Artificial Intelligence for All.
- Question 7: ___ is the Governor of Karnataka?
Explanation:The Supreme Court refused to stay BJP leader B S Yeddyurappa's swearing-in as Karnataka Chief Minister, paving the way for the formation of his government. He took the oath as the new Chief Minister of Karnataka.
- Question 8: BS Yeddyurappa represents which political party?
Explanation:The Supreme Court refused to stay BJP leader B S Yeddyurappa swearing-in as Karnataka Chief Minister, paving the way for the formation of his government. He took the oath as the new Chief Minister of Karnataka.
- Question 9: ___ has been elected as Vice President of Badminton Asia Confederation?
Explanation:The President of Badminton Association of India (BAI), Himanta Biswa Sarma was today elected as the Vice-President of Badminton Asia Confederation (BAC).
The election took place during the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the continental body in Bangkok, Thailand.