- Question 1: ___ and Airtel Payments Bank will Offer Jeevan Jyoti Bima?
Explanation: Bharti Axa Life Insurance and Airtel Payments Bank entered into an alliance to offer the - Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana- (PMJJBY), a government-backed life insurance scheme.
The alliance will leverage Airtel Payments Bank’s vast network to reach deep rural pockets and serve the under-insured.
With this, Airtel Payments Bank also becomes the first payments bank in India to offer the Government of India-backed life insurance scheme.
- Question 2: Nihal Sarin is related with...?
Explanation:International Master Nihal Sarin became the 53rd Grandmaster of India despite losing his final round game to Richard Rapport of Hungary in the ninth and final round of Abu Dhabi Masters.
- Question 3: Ajit Wadekar was related with...?
Explanation:Former India cricket captain Ajit Wadekar, who led the team to path-breaking Test wins in England and the West Indies, passed away after prolonged illness. He was 77.
- Question 4: __ has become the brand ambassador for Government of India (GoI)’s road safety awareness campaign?
Explanation: As part of the campaign - Sadak Suraksha – Jeevan Raksha - three short films starring Akshay as traffic police inspector has been released to generate public awareness towards road safety.
- Question 5: NITI Aayog has launched __ competition for budding startups in the mobility field?
Explanation: NITI Aayog has launched a mobility pitch competition - Pitch to MOVE - for budding startups in the mobility field.
The competition aims to identify and reward the start-ups offering innovative solutions for shared, connected and environmentally friendly mobility.
- Question 6: ___ has been ranked first in the Kotak Wealth Hurun-Leading Wealthy Women 2018 list?
Explanation: Smitha V. Crishna, a third-generation heir of the Godrej family, has been ranked first in the Kotak Wealth Hurun-Leading Wealthy Women 2018 list with an estimated wealth of Rs 37,570 crore.
- Question 7: A Postal Highway Project, for which Government of India (GoI) is providing financial support, is located in ...?
Explanation: The Government of India (GoI) has released 470 million Nepali rupees grant for Terai roads project in Nepal. The amount has been released to maintain fund liquidity for the ongoing construction of 14 road packages under Postal Highway Project.
- Question 8: ___ has decided to observe September as the - month of nutrition - to create awareness among people living in the state?
Explanation:From September, the students of Class 1 to 8 of government schools will be given milk daily instead of thrice a week for which additional funds of Rs 203 crore will be allocated.
Besides, students in the age group of 3-6 years, adolescent girls and pregnant women registered with Anganwadi centres will also be provided milk thrice a week and the government will allocate Rs 100 crore for this
- Question 9: Chemmanam Chacko was a famous...?
Explanation: Chemmanam Chacko (92), the renowned Malayalam poet and Sahitya Akademi awardee, has passed away in Kochi, Kerala on August 14, 2018.
Known for his satirical works, Chacko reacted to the contemporary socio-political issues of Kerala through his poems
- Question 10: Kanti Velugu has been launched by...?
Explanation:On the occasion of 72nd Independence Day 2018, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao launched three new schemes viz. free life insurance for farmers (Rythu Bima) - Kanti Velugu- eye care scheme and an economic support programme for backward classes.