- Question 1: The Indian Space Research Organization, ISRO will launch the satellite __ on Nov. 29?
Explanation: The Indian Space Research Organization, ISRO will launch the satellite HysIS Thursday morning from its spaceport at Sriharikota.
Its workhorse rocket PSLV-C43 will lift off with the satellite at 09.58 hours on Thrusday.
30 other micro and nano-satellites of international customers from eight nations will also ride piggyback on it.
- Question 2: Argentinian is hosting __ G-20 summit?
Explanation:Prime Minister Narendra will arrive in the Argentinian capital Buenos Aires today to take part in the 13th G-20 summit.
The theme of the summit is - Building Consensus for a Fair and Sustainable Development. The Prime Minister will make a lead intervention in the first session of the summit titled - Putting People First.
- Question 3: ___ has decided to set up a Consortium of Academic and Research Ethics (CARE) which will prepare a fresh list of credible quality journals in the non-science disciplines?
Explanation: The commission said the percentage of research articles published in poor quality journals is reported to be high in India which has adversely affected its image. CARE will be headed by the UGC Vice Chairman.
Members of CARE will prepare lists of quality journals in their respective disciplines within a defined timeframe. These lists will be critically analysed and curated for quality by a special cell at the entrusted institution using defined criteria. Reference List of Quality Journals’ will be maintained by the CARE and this will be used for all academic purposes.
- Question 4: India and ___ have inked protocol on hygiene & inspection requirements for exports?
Explanation: India and China have signed a protocol on hygiene and inspection requirements for the exports.
The commerce ministry said in a statement that a protocol on hygiene and inspection requirements for the exports was signed in New Delhi yesterday during the visit of Chinese Vice Minister, General Administration of Customs of China Hu Wei who is leading a six-member delegation to India.
- Question 5: University Grants Commission has constituted ___ Expert Committee, which is being entrusted to conduct the appraisal of applications for shortlisting 20 Institutions of Eminence.
Explanation: N Gopalaswami, former Chief Election Commissioner of India is the Chairperson of the committee. The government is likely to announce the names of the selected institutions by April 2018.
- Question 6: Bhagwati Kumar Sharma was a famous.. .?
Explanation: Noted Gujarati author, journalist and poet Bhagwati Kumar Sharma passed away in Surat this morning. He was 84. Born in 1934 in
Surat, Shri Bhagwati Kumar Sharma had received Sahitya Academy award for his Gujarati novel Ashuryalok.
- Question 7: What is the capital of Ukraine ?
Explanation: Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko asked NATO members including Germany to send naval vessels to the Sea of Azov to back his country in the standoff with Russia.
Talking to German newspaper Bild daily, Poroshenko hoped that states within NATO are now ready to relocate naval ships to the Sea of Azov in order to assist Ukraine and provide security.
- Question 8: EU has set goal to be - climate neutral by ...?
Explanation: The European Union has urged government, businesses, citizens and regions to join it in an ambitious plan to cut emissions and make the bloc carbon neutral by 2050.
EU climate commissioner Miguel Arias Canete said in a press conference in Brussels today that block is kicking off a process to determine how Europe's energy and climate policy will evolve between now and 2050.
- Question 9: A Training centre for eco skilled Ganga Mitras has started to function at ....?
Explanation: In Uttar Pradesh, the first training centre in the country for eco skilled Ganga Mitras started yesterday at Banaras Hindu University.
Speaking on the occasion Administrative director of National Clean Ganga Mission Rajiv Kishor said that in future more training centres will be opened in 5 states from Gangotri to Ganga Sagar. He further added that a Ganga Knowledge centre and a Ganga Gallery will also be started very soon at the university.
- Question 10: Nanar refinery project is in...?
Explanation: Maharashtra government has stayed the land acquisition process for the controversial Nanar refinery project.
Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis informed the Legislative Assembly today that the government has not issued any new notice for land acquisition and the entire process has been stayed.