- Question 1: Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prizes are given for ....?
Explanation:Eleven scientists were given the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for 2016. The awardees include Dr Rishikesh Narayan of Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru and Dr Amalendu Krishna of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai.
- Question 2: Manethi is a place in...?
Explanation:The Cabinet also approved setting up of new AIIMS at Manethi, Haryana at a cost of 1299 crore rupees. The new AIIMS will have around 750 beds.
- Question 3: ___ of the Indian Constitution is an article that empowers the Jammu and Kashmir state legislature to define permanent resident of the state and provide special rights and privileges to those permanent residents?
Explanation: It was added to the Constitution through a Presidential Order, i.e., The Constitution (Application to Jammu and Kashmir) Order, 1954 – issued by the President of India on 14 May 1954,
- Question 4: ___ will provide 10 percent quota for weaker sections in general category in jobs and educational institutions?
Explanation:The reservation is meant for individuals whose annual earning is below 8 lakh rupees and who possess less than 5 acres of agriculture land.
- Question 5: __ has launched PRANAM Commission to protect parents of govt employees?
Explanation: Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal had launched the PRANAM Commission, a panel set up to look after the issues concerning a Bill , for protection of parents of state government employees.
- Question 6: Recently, Skill Saathi Youth Conclave held in...?
Explanation: Union Skill Development Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has said Odisha has the potential to soon emerge as skill capital of the country. Inaugurating a - Skill Saathi Youth Conclave in Bhubaneswar, he said the youth of Odisha has intellect, skill and courage and with these qualities, they can meet any challenges and work together to create a New Odisha.
- Question 7: Recently, RBI and __ have signed a Bilateral Swap Arrangement?
Explanation: The BSA provides for India to access 75 billion US dollars whereas the earlier BSA had provided for 50 billion dollars. The BSA was approved by the Union Cabinet in January this year.
The agreement for the BSA has become effective from today. India can access the agreed amount of 75 billion dollars for its domestic currency, for the purpose of maintaining an appropriate level of balance of payments or short-term liquidity.
- Question 8: The cost of 2000 kilometre Kandla-Gorakhpur LPG pipeline at Gorakhpur will be...?
Explanation:The Minister also informed that Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of 2000 kilometre Kandla-Gorakhpur LPG pipeline at Gorakhpur on 24th of this month.
The project will cost 9000 crore rupees. It will benefit Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat.
- Question 9: Saurav Ghosal is related with..?
Explanation:Saurav Ghosal made his way into the quarterfinal defeating Wales player Joel Makin in the PSA World squash championship at Chicago,United States .
This is the second time that Saurav has reached the last eight, the last being in 2013.
- Question 10: The United States and North Korea have failed to reach a formal deal at the __ Summit?
Explanation: US President Donald Trump said, the talks ended with no agreement after he refused North Korean demand to lift all international sanctions.