- Question 1: India’s first gold at the 2019 Asian Wrestling Championship has been won by...?
Explanation: World No.1 Bajrang Punia made India proud once again by clinching the India’s first gold at the Asian Wrestling Championships 2019 in Xi'an, China.
- Question 2: UN English Language Day is observed on...?
Explanation:The UN English Language Day is observed every year on 23rd of April to celebrate multilingualism and cultural diversity as well as to promote equal use of all six official languages throughout the Organization.
- Question 3: ___ has launched cyber defense insurance to protect businesses from financial and reputational losses due to cyber attacks?
Explanation:It is designed to protect against major insurable cyber exposures like hacking attacks, identity theft, disclosure of sensitive information and business interruption.
- Question 4: Based on the recommendation of ___ Committee, RBI has divested its entire stake in NHB and the NABARD?
Explanation:RBI has said that it sold the entire stake worth twenty crore rupees in NABARD and 1,450 crore rupees in NHB in the last quarter of 2018-19, adding that the government is now cent percent holder of both these institutions.
- Question 5: What is India rank in Cancer Preparedness Index 2019?
Explanation:India was ranked 19th out of 28 countries in the Index of Cancer Preparedness (ICP) released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
- Question 6: World Book Day was observed in...?
Explanation:ii. It was first celebrated on 23 April 1995. For the year 2019, Sharjah, UAE has been declared as the World Book Capital. It will be preceded by Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in the year 2020.
- Question 7: AS per ICRA, the Indian wireless broadband subscriber base has touched __ million in February?
Explanation:Rating and Research Agency ICRA has reported that Wireless broadband subscriber base in India has surged to 532 million in February 2019.
ICRA in its latest report said the wireless broadband subscriber base continues to maintain its strong growth trajectory witnessing the addition of 10.2 million during the month.
Wireless broadband subscriber base amounts to 45 per cent of the total subscriber base, it added.
- Question 8: Russian President Vladimir Putin and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un began their first-ever talks in the Pacific port city of ___ ?
Explanation: Russian President Vladimir Putin and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un began their first-ever talks in the Pacific port city of Vladivostok.
Mr. Putin said he supports ongoing efforts to ease tensions on the Korean peninsula and wants to boost bilateral economic ties. He said the North Korean leader's visit to Russia will help the two countries to better understand how to resolve the situation on the Korean peninsula.
- Question 9: The second EU-UN high-level political dialogue on Counter-Terrorism held in __?
Explanation:The United Nations and the European Union (EU) have signed a joint framework aimed at strengthening partnership in counter-terrorism efforts.
The UN Office of Counter-Terrorism said in a statement that the framework was enacted on the occasion of the second EU-UN high-level political dialogue on Counter-Terrorism that was held in New York.
- Question 10: __- is hostin Second Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation?
Explanation: Nepal’s President Bidya Devi Bhandari has left on a 9-day state visit to China. During the visit she will attend the Second Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation in Beijing.
President Bhandari will also hold delegation-level bilateral talks with her Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping followed by signing of agreements in various areas.