- Question 1: Shanghai Co-operation Organisation (SCO) Defence Ministers' conclave 2019 held in...?
Explanation: Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman attended the Shanghai Co-operation Organisation (SCO) Defence Ministers' conclave at Bishkek in Kyrgyzstan.
During the conclave, ways to further boost defence and security cooperation among the member countries in the wake of evolving security challenges in the region were discussed.
- Question 2: ___ has launched Kashmiri version of - Kaun Banega Crorepati ?
- Question 3: Asian Road para-cycling championships 2019 held in...?
Explanation: Indian para-athletes came up with brilliant performance to secure a silver and two bronze medals at the Asian Road para-cycling championships at Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Question 4: __ is hosting New Zealand Open Badminton tournament 2019 ?
Explanation: The New Zealand Open Badminton tournament began in Auckland.
Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal will be aiming to win her second title this year. She will take on China's Wang Zhiyi in the Women's Singles first round tomorrow.
- Question 5: Malaria Elimination Research Alliance (MERA) India' has been launched to eliminate malaria from India by ...?
Explanation:The Indian Council of Medical Research has launched the 'Malaria Elimination Research Alliance (MERA) India' - a conglomeration of partners working on malaria control - in order to prioritise, plan and scale up research to eliminate the disease.
- Question 6: __ will officially abolish its controversial exit visa system, kafala, for all foreign workers by the end of 2019?
Explanation: The International Labour Organization (ILO) has recently announced that Qatar will officially abolish its controversial exit visa system for all foreign workers.
Qatar has introduced a series of labour reforms since its selection as the 2022 World Cup host, with the event setting in motion a huge construction programme employing foreign workers.
In September 2018, Qatar approved legislation to scrap the kafala or sponsorship, system which required that foreign workers obtain permission from their employers to leave the country.
- Question 7: Which committee has been formed to review the regulatory framework on microinsurance and recommend measures to increase the demand for such products?
Explanation:The committee, under the chairmanship of IRDAI Executive Director Suresh Mathur, has been tasked with suggesting product designs with customer-friendly underwriting, including easy premium payment methods and simple claims settlement procedures.
- Question 8: Who has become the first ethnic Indian to contest and win an election in Japan ?
Explanation: He has been elected to Edogawa Ward assembly of Tokyo. Hence, this is the first-ever victory of a naturalized Japanese of Indian origin in elections in Japan.
- Question 9: Rama Sengupta Paul was a famous...?
Explanation:Rama Sengupta Paul (66), the Veteran lady mountaineer, has passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal. She led the first successful all-women expedition to Kedarnath Dome in Garhwal Himalaya.
- Question 10: ___ committee has been formed to formulate design policy for building construction?
Explanation: The Central Works Public Department (CPWD) has constituted an expert committee to formulate a design policy for building construction and infrastructure.