- Question 1: The 2019 Brahmakalashothsava festival held in...?
Explanation: The 6-day Brahmakalashothsava festival is celebrated in the ancient Chandkuru Sri Durga Parameshwari Temple annually in Polali, Dakshina Kannada district in Karnataka.
- Question 2: World Customs Organisation (WCO) regional custom heads meeting 2019 held in...?
Explanation: The meeting of the Regional Heads of Customs Administration of Asia Pacific Region of the World Customs Organisation (WCO) is being organized by Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) in Kochi.
- Question 3: Baidyanath Mishra was a famous ....?
Explanation: Mishra had started his career as a lecturer in Ravenshaw University in Cuttack in 1949.
- Question 4: Indian Space Research Organization ISRO is scheduled to launch the nation’s latest radar imaging satellite __ on 22nd May.
Explanation:Indian Space Research Organization ISRO is scheduled to launch the nation’s latest radar imaging satellite RISAT-2B on 22nd of this month.
A release from the national space agency says, it will be lifted off by the workhorse rocket PSLV-C46 in its 48th flight.
It will zoom into space from the First Launch Pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota, 90 km north of Chennai. The launch is tentatively scheduled at 0527 hrs on the day.
- Question 5: Kiki Bertens is related with...?
Explanation:Kiki Bertens beat Simona Halep 6-4, 6-4 to win the 2019 women's title in the Madrid Open tennis tournament.
In the men's competition, Novak Djokovic will face Stefanos Tsitsipas in today's men's final.
- Question 6: Jehan Daruvala is related with...?
Explanation:Young Indian racer Jehan Daruvala, driving for Prema Racing, won the inaugural round of the FIA Formula 3 Championship, one of the support events to Formula One in Barcelona today.
The all-new FIA F3 Championship was created by merging the erstwhile GP3 Championship and FIA F3 European Championship, resulting in an ultra-competitive 30 car grid.
- Question 7: ___ has deployed 1st Anti-Naxal Women Commando Unit?
- Question 8: Pochise Boishakh is the birth anniversary of ...?
Explanation: Rabindranath Tagore's birth anniversary is also known as Pochise Boishakh 2019.
- Question 9: ___ has passed fake news law, under which offenders may face up to 10-year jail or fines of up to S$1 million ?
Explanation: Singapore's Parliament passed a law to curb the spread of fake news under which offenders may face up to 10-year jail or fines of up to S$1 million (over Rs5.12 crore).
The law empowers the government to direct social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to carry corrections or remove content it considers to be fake news.
- Question 10: __ Father of Modern Legal Education has died recently?
Explanation: \Prof N.R. Madhava Menon, an educationist, scholar, and the pioneering spirit behind modern legal education in India, has passed away. He was 84 years old.