- Question 1: __ has launched - Jiyo Parsi Publicity Phase-2 - scheme ?
Explanation:The main of the - Jiyo Parsi - scheme (or Central Sector Scheme) is to reverse the declining trend of Parsi population by adopting a scientific protocol and structured interventions, stabilize their population and increase the population of Parsis in India.
- Question 2: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced ___ crore rupees corpus to study and find a permanent solution to the flood problem in the northeastern states ?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced 100 crore rupees corpus to study and find a permanent solution to the flood problem in the northeastern states.
Assam Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma yesterday said, the Prime Minister announced this corpus to find a long-term solution to the flood problem in the region by setting up a high- powered committee and a research project to study Brahmaputra river and its role in creating devastating flood.
- Question 3: ___ committee has been formed to identify key data protection issues?
Explanation: Government has constituted a Committee of experts under the chairmanship of a former Judge of Supreme Court Justice B N Srikrishna to study and identify key data protection issues and recommend methods for addressing them.
- Question 4: ___ has been appointed as the part-time member of the board of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA)?
Explanation:He succeeded N S Rao at IRDAI, who is a joint secretary level officer.
Former finance secretary Sushma Nath is another part-time member on the IRDAI board. Besides, Maruthi Prasad Tangirala, a 1990-batch IP&TA&FS officer, has been appointed as Executive Director (ED) at IRDAI and his position will be equivalent to a joint secretary.
- Question 5: Aditya Patil is related with..?
Explanation:Aditya Patil and Suhaani Lohia have clinched bronze medals at the 13th edition of Asian Schools Chess Championship (ASCC) 2017 in Panjin, China. Aditya won bronze in the Under-7 rapid championship, while Suhaani Lohia won the bronze in the Under-9 girls blitz championships.
- Question 6: The world’s largest exporter of beef is ....?
Explanation:According to the recently released OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2017-2026 report, Brazil is the world’s largest exporter of beef, followed by Australia and India. As per report, India exported 1.56 million tonnes of beef in 2016. It is expected to maintain its position as the third-largest exporter of the meat till 2026 by exporting 1.93 tonnes that year.
- Question 7: Name India's first unmanned tank...?
Explanation:Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed an unmanned, remotely operated tank which has three variants - surveillance, mine detection and reconnaissance in areas with nuclear and bio threats. It is called Muntra.
- Question 8: K E Mammen, who died recently was a ... ?
Explanation:K. E. Mammen (96), the noted Gandhian and freedom fighter, has recently passed away in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. He was first jailed for taking an open stand against C.P Ramaswamy Iyer, the then Dewan of the erstwhile Travancore state.
- Question 9: Recenltly __ has banned use Of Liquid Nitrogen in Drinks & food items?
Explanation:The Haryana government has officially prohibited flushing, mixing of liquid nitrogen with any drink or food article. The ban has been issued under the provisions of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 (Central Act 34 of 2006). As per officials, the state food department will now conduct surprise checks in restaurants and bars, especially those in Gurgaon, to check whether the ban was being flouted.
- Question 10: Gaurav Bidhuri is associated with which sports?
Explanation:Recently, Indian boxers has won five gold, two silver and one bronze medal at the 48th Grand Prix Usti Nad Labem in the Czech Republic, clinching five gold, two silver and one bronze medal at the event in the Czech Republic. Shiva Thapa (60 kg), Manoj Kumar (69 kg), Amit Phangal (52 kg), Gaurav Bidhuri (56 kg) and Satish Kumar (+91 kg) category has recently claimed gold medals after winning their respective summit clashes on July 30, 2017. Kavinder Bisht in 52 kg and Manish Panwar in 81 kg settled for silver medals. Earlier, Sumit Sangwan had claimed a bronze in 91 kg category after going down in the semifinals.
- Question 11: World Day against Trafficking in Persons is observed on..
Explanation:The United Nations (UN) World Day against Trafficking in Persons is observed every year on July 30 to raise awareness of the plight of human trafficking victims, and promote and protect their rights. The 2017 theme: Act to Protect and Assist Trafficked Persons
- Question 12: Dokalam area dispute is between India and ...?
Explanation:India has not reduced its troops in Dokalam as sources said, there is a status quo at the Dokalam for past six weeks.
The rebuttal came after Chinese foreign ministry issued a document, saying the number of Indian troops was 40 by end of July from 400 in June.
- Question 13: ___ has decided to go Digital by transforming all state-run offices into e-offices ?
Explanation:The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to go Digital by transforming all state-run offices into e-offices.
The State Cabinet has decided that e-office would commence from the State secretariat from 1st October and by January next year all the state government offices would be equipped with the system.
- Question 14: Joshna Chinappa and Dipika Pallikal are related with...?
Explanation: The formidable Indian pair of Joshna Chinappa and Dipika Pallikal advanced to the women's doubles quarterfinals at the WSF World Doubles Squash Championship at Manchester on Wednesday.
The number two seeds and 2014 Commonwealth Games gold medallist went on to top the three-team Group B by beating Tesni Evans and Deon Saffery of Wales quite comfortably.
- Question 15: Indian Telecom Market is expected to cross the 6.6 trillion rupees revenue mark by the year ..?.
Explanation:By the end of last year, the number of internet subscribers in India was more than 391 million making India globally the 2nd highest in terms of internet users. He said, the Indian telecom industry has seen a paradigm shift from a voice centric market to a data-centric market.
- Question 16: The government launched a portal, , which will provide a platform to sell agricultural produce.
Explanation:The government launched a portal e-Rashtriya Kisan Agri Mandi (e-RaKAM) which will provide a platform to sell agricultural produce.
e-RaKAM is a first of its kind initiative that leverages technology to connect farmers of the smallest villages to the biggest markets of the world through internet.
- Question 17: Aadi Perukku festival is celebrated in... ?
Explanation: In Tamil Nadu, the Aadi Perukku festival is being celebrated today with traditional gaiety.
The festival is celebrated on the 18th of Aadi month in Tamil calendar year to express gratitude to water bodies especially Cauvery river.
- Question 18: Kishanganga Hydroelectric Plant is on...river ?
Explanation: The World Bank has allowed India to construct hydroelectric power facilities on tributaries of the Jhelum and Chenab rivers under the Indus Waters Treaty. The World Bank's comments came as officials from India and Pakistan concluded the secretary-level talks over the treaty.
Pakistan is opposed to the construction of the Kishanganga and Ratle hydroelectric power plants being built by India in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Question 19: Indian Army has developed a mobile app ___ for soldiers to track promotions, postings ?
Explanation: The Indian Army has developed a mobile application through which serving soldiers can track details like postings and promotions. An army official said that through the app named 'Humraaz', soldiers can also view their monthly salary slips and the Form 16 and also download them.
- Question 20: __ has released ICT Facts and Figures 2017 report which says that India and China are home to 39% of the 830 million young people worldwide who use the Internet ?
Explanation:India and China are home to 39 per cent of the 830 million young people worldwide who use the Internet, according to a UN report.
The data released by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the United Nations specialized agency for Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), shows that of the 830 million young people online worldwide, 320 million, or 39 per cent, are in China and India.
- Question 21: Where is Sahyadri Tiger Reserve ?
Explanation:The Maharashtra government is planning to relocate tigers from Vidarbha region to the sanctuaries elsewhere where their population is smaller, including the Sahyadri Tiger Reserve (STR).
State forest minister Sudhir Mungantiwar told the Legislative Assembly that the government had set up a committee to examine this issue, and a decision will be taken based on its recommendations.
- Question 22: What is the India’s rank in the 2017 Digital Evolution Index (DEI)?
Explanation:India has been ranked 53rd among 60 countries in the 2017 Digital Evolution Index (DEI). The list is topped by Norway, followed by Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark and Finland.
- Question 23: What is the name of new exchange traded fund ?
Explanation: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley today announced a new Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) named BHARAT 22 which consists of 22 scrips including ONGC, IOC, SBI and Axis Bank.
ICICI Prudential AMC will be the ETF Manager and Asia Index Private Limited will be the Index Provider. The index will be rebalanced annually.
ETF functions like a mutual fund scheme and is bought by investors as units.
- Question 24: Manju Kumari is related with...?
Explanation: India's Manju Kumari won the bronze medal with a 2-0 victory over Ilona Prokopevniuk of Ukraine in the Junior World Wrestling Championship in Tampere, Finland on Thursday.
- Question 25: ___ has launched - Apni Gaddi Apna Rojgar - scheme for jobless youth?
Explanation:The Punjab government has recently launched its flagship ‘Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar’ scheme for jobless youth by flagging off over 100 uberMOTO bikes. Under the scheme, the state government will provide commercial two wheelers and four wheelers to unemployed youth at subsidised rates. The scheme will be a game-changer for the youth of Punjab and will play a catalysing role in encouraging micro-entrepreneurship opportunities throughout the state. The target of Uber is to create 10,000 entrepreneurial opportunities in Punjab in one year and a total of 45,000 in next five years.
- Question 26: Winner of 2017 Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix tournament?
Explanation:Sebastian Vettel, a German racing driver currently driving in Formula One for Scuderia Ferrari, has won the 2017 Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix tournament at the Hungaroring in Mogyorod, Hungary.
- Question 27: ___ has invented a low-cost dirt detector that alerts authorities when a place needs cleaning?
Explanation: Researchers of Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, have achieved another feat by innovating a low-cost dirt detector that will soon open up the possibility of keeping public facilities clean and hygienic at all times.
- Question 28: Sam Shepard was a ... ?
Explanation:Sam Shepard (73), the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright, has passed away in Kentucky, United States on July 27, 2017. He was Oscar-nominated actor and celebrated author whose plays chronicled the explosive fault lines of family and masculinity in the American West.
- Question 29: Hussain Sayeeduddin Dagar was a noted __ Maestro passed away ?
Explanation:Ustad Hussain Sayeeduddin Dagar (78), maestro and custodian of the venerable Dhrupad tradition of Hindustani classical music, has passed away in Pune, Maharashtra on July 30, 2017.
- Question 30: Which city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics?
Explanation:The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has recently announced that the 2024 Summer Olympics will be hosted by Paris in France, which is scheduled to be held from August 8-18. Beside this, the IOC has also announced that the 2028 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games to be hosted by Los Angeles (United States).
- Question 31: Name the new Prime Minister of Pakistan?
Explanation:Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the member of the Pakistan Muslim League (N)(PML-N), is the newly elected interim Prime Minister of Pakistan after defeating his rival Naveed Qamar of PPP by 221 votes on August 1, 2017.
- Question 32: India is allowed to construct hydroelectric power facilities on tributaries of the Jhelum and Chenab rivers with certain restrictions under the__________ Indus Waters Treaty (IWT).
- Question 33: __ will be the new Vice President of India ?
Explanation: Former Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu will be the new Vice President of India as he defeated Gopal Krishna Gandhi by 272 votes. Voting to elect the 13th Vice President was conducted today with 98.21 per cent polling recorded.
- Question 34: Who will be the new Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog ?
Explanation:Economist Rajiv Kumar will be the new Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog, will succeed Arvind Panagariya, the first Vice Chairman of the NITI Aayog. Panagariya had recently resigned from his post.
- Question 35: Ankur Mittal is related with...?
Explanation:Indian shooter Ankur Mittal clinched the individual as well as the team gold medal in men's double trap at the 7th Asian Shotgun Championship today. At Astana, Kazakhstan, Mittal shot 71 in the six-man final to finish at the top of the podium.
- Question 36: Name India's Chief Information Commissioner?
Explanation:Chief Information Commissioner R K Mathur has constituted a larger bench to hear complaints against six national political parties not adhering to the CIC order bringing them within the ambit of the RTI Act.
- Question 37: National Handloom Day is observed on..
Explanation: The National Handloom Day is celebrated in India on August 7 to mark a 1905 movement that boycotted British products in favour of the revival of domestic ones.
- Question 38: The 2017 meeting of BRICS Trade Committee was held in
- Question 39: Who is the chairman of SEBI's committee set up on - fair market conduct'?
Explanation:Market regulator SEBI on set up a committee on fair market conduct which will suggest measures for improving surveillance of the markets and strengthen rules for algo trades, among other norms.
- Question 40: What is RBI's current repo rate? ( Yesterday some users were seeing the wrong options, so we are reposting it )
Explanation:Repo rate - the rate at the which the central bank lends short-term money to banks - was cut by 25 basis points to 6 per cent from 6.25 per cent.
- Question 41: ‘Aadi Perukku’ festival is celebrated in
- Question 42: India and Iran have reiterated their commitment to complete and operationalise the __ Port at the earliest?
Explanation: Amid deepening Indo-Iranian ties, the government is hopeful that the strategic Chabahar Port will be operational by 2018, Union minister Nitin Gadkari said.
- Question 43: In which year Darjeeling Himalayan Railway received UNESCO world heritage status?
Explanation: The UNESCO has cautioned that the damage caused to the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (DHR)in the northern part of West Bengal due to the Gorkhaland agitation may put in peril the World Heritage tag it earned in 1999.
Two prime stations Gayabari and Sonada were torched while an arson attempt was made on Elysia Building -- the headquarters of the DHR during the pro-Gorkhaland bandh that entered its 54th day today.
- Question 44: Name Maharashtra's online building permission management system, through which construction approvals will be sanctioned with full transparency.
- Question 45: Hassan Rouhani is the president of...?
Explanation: Hassan Rouhani has been inaugurated for a second term as Iranian president, calling for more negotiations with world powers amid new sanctions imposed by the United States.
- Question 46: Yuki Bhambri is related with...?
Explanation: Yuki Bhambri has bowed out of the ATP Citi Open tennis tournament at Washington DC. The Indian qualifier lost in three sets 4-6 6-4 3-6 against 15th seed Kevin Anderson of South Africa in the quarter-finals played last night.
- Question 47: Telenor India has been merged into
Explanation: Bharti Airtel the country’s No. 1 phone company, said it received approvals from the Securities & Exchange Board of India.
- Question 48: Google's Internet ___ programme has reached 100,000 villages in India?
Explanation:American Internet giant, Google India said that it has reached a milestone of 100,000 villages with its Internet Saathi programme which was launched as a pilot in Rajasthan in July 2015 along with Tata Trusts.
- Question 49: First National Handloom Day was observed in...?
Explanation: National Handloom Day is being celebrated today to give an impetus to the sector and encourage the use of handmade loom.
7th of August was chosen to celebrate the day due to its special significance in India's history. It was on this day that the Swadeshi Movement was launched in 1905. The movement involved revival of domestic products and production processes.Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched the first National Handloom Day in 2015 at a national level function in Chennai.
- Question 50: ___ has been appointed as the new Ambassador of India to the Republic of Kazakhstan?
Explanation: Presently, Prabhat Kumar is Ambassador of India to Colombia. He is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
- Question 51: ___ High Court has lifted BCCI's life ban on Sreesanth ?
Explanation: Kerala High Court today lifted the life ban imposed on cricketer S Sreesanth by the BCCI in the wake of the 2013 IPL spot-fixing scandal.
- Question 52: Robert Hard, who died recently was a famous ..... ?
Explanation: Timothy Sydney Robert Hardy, CBE, FSA was an English actor who enjoyed a long career in the theatre, film and television.
- Question 53: Microsoft has tied up with __ to use its AI-based MINE platform to screen children for eye problems?
Explanation:e Microsoft Intelligent Network for Eyecare (MINE) is an artificial intelligence platform to reduce avoidable blindness. With this tied up, Telangana has become the first Indian state to deploy artificial intelligence for eyecare screening.
- Question 54: India has recently signed __ of loan pact with AIIB for Gujarat road project?
Explanation:The objective of the project is to improve the rural road connectivity and accessibility to more than one thousand villages in all the 33 districts of the state benefiting about 80 lakh people.
- Question 55: Who is heading the Par panel which will hear Disinvestment of Air India?
Explanation: A Parliamentary panel will meet in New Delhi tomorrow to hear the views of various stakeholders on the disinvestment of national carrier Air India and Pawan Hans Limited.
The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Transport, Tourism and Culture will hear the views of the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Department of Investment and Public Asset Management on the issue.
- Question 56: GST Council authorised Centre to hike cess on SUVs, luxury cars from 15% to ...?
Explanation:GST Council has authorised Centre to hike cess on SUVs, luxury and large cars to 25 percent from 15 percent.
Finance Ministry today said, GST Council in its meeting last Saturday considered the issue that total tax incidence on motor vehicles after GST has come down.
- Question 57: Amarnath yatra is related with...
Explanation: In Jammu and Kashmir, the annual Amarnath yatra is concluding on the occasion of Shrawan Purnima that coincides with the Raksha Bandhan today.
On Raksha Bandhan coinciding with Shrawan Purnima today, the last batch of Yatris will offer obeisance at the holy cave and will have darshan of ice lingam.
- Question 58: India’s first private sector missile sub-systems manufacturing facility has set up in ....?
Explanation: It has been established a line with the ‘Make in India’ initiative and Government’s policy to encourage private sector participation in defense product. It is a joint venture between the $2.5 billion Kalyani Group and Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defence Systems Ltd.
- Question 59: Recently, Centre has declared entire ___ as disturbed area under AFSPA for another month ?
Explanation: The Centre has declared entire Assam state as a disturbed area under the Armed Forces Special Powers Act, AFSPA for one more month, citing various violent activities by insurgent groups ULFA, NDFB, and others.
The Home Ministry also declared Meghalaya's border areas adjoining Assam and three districts in Arunachal Pradesh as disturbed under the AFSPA for two more months with effect from 3rd of this month.
- Question 60: Dawn of cruise tourism in India has been inaugurated in .... ?
Explanation: In order to promote cruise tourism in India, a special event, The dawn of cruise tourism in India was inaugurated in Mumbai.
The preparedness of Mumbai Port and Ministry of shipping to host cruise vessels in the country is revealed to a worldwide audience at the event. It also saw the launch of three reports, “Mumbai Port SoP’s for cruise operations”, “Road map for Sea cruise tourism” and “Cruise terminals in India”.
- Question 61: The 2nd Agri UDAAN, food and agribusiness accelerator program has launched from ...?
Explanation: It will mentor startups and help them connect with potential investors. The program focuses on catalyzing scale-up stage food and agribusiness startups through rigorous mentoring, industry networking and investor pitching.
- Question 62: Name the new Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea?
Explanation:Peter O’Neill has been re-elected as the new Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea (PNG) for a second five-year term with a healthy majority, 60 to 46 by a newly elected parliament.
- Question 63: Name the new chairman of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)?
Explanation: He succeeded Sudhakar Rao. Swarup is a former Chairman of Pension Funds Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) and has over four decades of experience across finance, budgeting, public debt management, public policy and pension reforms.
- Question 64: __ would spend Rs 1 lakh crore on education and road connectivity ?
Explanation: The Jammu and Kashmir government would spend Rs 1 lakh crore on development works in the next five years, with special emphasis on education and road connectivity.
- Question 65: __ is hosting World Athletics Championships 2017?
Explanation: In the World Athletics Championships, Indian runner Nirmala Sheoran failed to qualify to the Women's 400 metres Final at London last night. The 22-year old Haryana girl could not make it to the Final-9 after she finished seventh in the semi-finals heats with a timing of 53.07 seconds.
- Question 66: __ has regained tree status in Goa as Assembly passes bill ?
- Question 67: How many members are there in Mekong–Ganga Cooperation ?
Explanation: The Mekong–Ganga Cooperation (MGC) was established on November 10, 2000, at Vientiane at the First MGC Ministerial Meeting. It comprises six member countries, namely India, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. The four areas of cooperation are tourism, culture, education, and transportation.
The organization takes its name from the Ganga and the Mekong, two large rivers in the region.
India has called for expanding the areas of cooperation among the member countries of the Mekong Ganga Cooperation (MGC) bloc to further deepen mutually beneficial partnership and cooperation.
Addressing the eighth MGC Ministerial Meeting in Manila, Minister of State for External Affairs V K Singh said the cooperation among MGC countries as part of its framework, aims at restoring and re-invigorating these ancient linkages leading up to the building of an inclusive and prosperous society.
- Question 68: Quit India Movement was launched in..
Explanation: Nation will celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Quit India Movement tomorrow. A number of events are being planned at organisational and local levels to mark the occasion.
Exhibitions on Quit India Movement and Azad Hind Fauz will be inaugurated at the National Archives of India in New Delhi tomorrow.
- Question 69: ISRO and NASA are jointly working on ___ mission to launch dual frequency SAR satellite by 2021?
Explanation:NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR) mission to co-develop and launch a dual frequency (L & S Band) synthetic aperture radar satellite. This earth monitoring satellite is scheduled to be launched in 2021.
- Question 70: __ has launched debit card offer for zero balance account at a special price of Rs 99 for the first year ?
Explanation: Private sector Kotak Mahindra Bank will offer debit card at a special price of Rs 99 for the first year for customers who will open account under its zero balance account scheme till September 15.
- Question 71: __ is hosting the 8th edition of Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES)?
Explanation:The 8th edition of Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES)-2017 will be hosted by India and is scheduled to be held on November 28, 2017. The NITI Aayog in association with the Ministry of External Affairs and the Andhra Pradesh government have been assigned with organising the event.
The summit was started in 2010 under the leadership of then US President Barack Obama at Washington DC to bring entrepreneurs from across the globe on one platform.
- Question 72: Which union minister has recently launched a Swachh Survekshan (Gramin) -2017?
Explanation:Narendra Singh Tomar, the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, has recently launched a Swachh Survekshan (Gramin)-2017 in New Delhi to encourage states and districts to improve their sanitation coverage and Solid Liquid Waste Management (SLWM). Under the Swachh Survekshan Gramin, all districts of the country will be ranked on the basis of performance, sustainability and transparency. So far, 4,600 villages and 1.4 lakh households have been covered under Swachh Sarvekshan (Gramin) Survey. The Union Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has stated that toilet usage have increased to 91% in the country whereas overall toilet coverage in rural India has reached to 66%.
- Question 73: The government has set a target of providing skill training to one crore people in next __ years under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana ?
Explanation:Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajiv Pratap Rudy today said that the government has set a target of providing skill training to one crore people in next three years under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- Question 74: Winner of 2017 All-India MCC-Murugappa Gold Cup hockey tournament?
Explanation:The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has won the 91st edition of All-India MCC-Murugappa Gold Cup hockey tournament by defeating Bengaluru Hockey Association (BHA) by 4-2 in the final at Mayor Radhakrishna stadium Egmore at Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Man of the match: Rajkumar Pal.
- Question 75: Recently, BSNL has launched wi-fi hotspots in ten areas of ...?
Explanation:The hotspots will be launched in three segments- BSNL wi-fi, BSNL 4G plus and BSNL borad-fi. Mr Saxena said, wi-fi hotspots will also be launched in Mizoram and Tripura in the coming days. He said, the hotspots would function within a range of 50 to 100 metres.
- Question 76: Amazon India has signed a MoU with __ to educate weavers and artisans to directly sell their products to Amazon customers?
Explanation:Amazon India has recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Telangana Department of Handloom and Textiles to educate, train and enable weavers and artisans to directly sell their products to Amazon customers across the country.
- Question 77: Name the new Chief Justice of India (CJI)?
Explanation:Justice Dipak Misra, the senior-most judge of the Supreme Court, has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of India (CJI) and will have a tenure of nearly 13 months.
- Question 78: NITI Aayog selects ___ States for transformative change in Health and Education sectors ?
Explanation:NITI Aayog has selected Uttar Pradesh, Assam, and Karnataka to improve healthcare delivery and key outcomes in these States. In Education, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, and Jharkhand have been selected for support to better learning outcomes.
- Question 79: World Bio-fuel Day is observed on..
- Question 80: Sitaram Panchal was a famous ...?
Explanation:Bollywood actor Sitaram Panchal passed away after almost a year-long battle with kidney and lung cancer. He was 54.
- Question 81: ___ is the first state to Implement Coal Utilisation Between Power Units?
Explanation:The Gujarat government has issued a tender for power developers to receive cheap coal marked for the state in return for selling coal-based power at less than Rs 2.82 a unit.
- Question 82: Amazon has launched Virtual Customer Service in __ Indian Cities?
Explanation: VCS has currently been launched in Hyderabad, Pune, Coimbatore, and Noida and is hiring for entry level job opportunities along with opportunities for team managers and group managers in these cities.
- Question 83: India Ranks ___ in Global Retirement Index ?
Explanation:India ranked 43rd position in 2017 Global Retirement Index (GRI). It is published by French asset management company Natixis Global.
- Question 84: Neeraj Chopra is related with..
Explanation: At the World Athletics Championships in London, India's fast-rising javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra will feature in the qualification round tonight.
The 19-year-old world junior record holder has an outside chance of clinching a medal.
- Question 85: Govt has fixed the target of installing 60 giga watt wind power capacity by ..?
Explanation: Government has fixed an ambitious target of installing 60 giga watt (GW) wind power capacity in the country by 2022.
Replying to supplementaries in Lok Sabha today, Power Minister Piyush Goyal said the current wind power installed capacity in the country is over 32.5 GW.
- Question 86: ___ is hosting 15th BIMSTEC Ministerial Meeting ?
Explanation: Prime Minister of Nepal Sher Bahadur Deuba has said that terrorism continues to be the greatest threat to peace, democracy, development and good neighborliness.
Inaugurating the 15th BIMSTEC Ministerial Meeting at Kathmandu this evening, Mr. Deuba said that Nepal firmly and unequivocally condemns terrorism in all its forms and manifestations.
- Question 87: Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2017 will amend Banking Regulation Act... ?
Explanation: AIR Correspondent reports, the bill seeks to amend the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 to insert provisions for handling cases related to stressed assets of banks. Stressed assets are loans where the borrower has defaulted in repayment or where the loan has been restructured.
- Question 88: What is the capital of Kazakhstan ?
Explanation:Indian shooter Kynan Chenai won a bronze in men’s trap event, his first international medal at the senior level, at the 7th Asian Championship Shotgun at Astana, Kazakhstan.
- Question 89: ___ has launched a new awareness drive - Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra - ?
Explanation:Yogi Adityanath, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, has launched a new awareness drive called Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra from his official residence in state capital Lucknow. The drive will be focusing on cleanliness along the banks of Ganga river and maintain hygiene.
The drive will urge the people to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the Ganga river. The drive will be covering a total area of around 1,025 kms and will conclude on September 6, 2017.
- Question 90: ___ panel has recently recommended 100% pension to widow of the deceased soldier?
Explanation: The report stated that after the death of a soldier, the pension of the spouse comes down to 60% of his pension. The committee feels that after the death of a soldier, the spouse usually faces severe problems due to the loss of the breadwinner.
- Question 91: The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has launched Android Skill Development programme in association with ...?
Explanation: The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Google India has launched Android Skill Development programme to impart mobile development training on the Android and Web platform and to improve the quality of mobile app development ecosystem in India.
- Question 92: Shapath Bhardwaj is related with...?
Explanation:Budding India shooter Shapath Bhardwaj, aged 15, has become the country's youngest athlete to figure in the government's Target Olympic Podium (TOP) scheme.
- Question 93: Who is the new CEO of Jet Airways ?
Explanation:Jet Airways said Vinay Dube has joined as its chief executive officer after receipt of all requisite government and regulatory approvals.
- Question 94: Name the first Indian Javelin player who has qualified for the finals of World Athletics Championships
Explanation: Davinder Singh Kang became the first Indian to qualify for the final round of the javelin throw at the World Athletics Championships while his more fancied compatriot Neeraj Chopra crashed out in the qualification round.
- Question 95: AICTE has decided to close down those technical colleges which recorded less than ___ admissions in the last five years.
Explanation:AICTE says it has decided to close down those technical colleges which recorded less than 30% admissions in the last five years.
- Question 96: The International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples is observed on... ?
Explanation:It is a day to promote and protect the rights of the world’s indigenous population.
- Question 97: What is the new name of Swavalamban Yojana ?
- Question 98: Who has won the presidential election of Kenya?
Explanation: President Uhuru Kenyatta on was officially declared the winner of a bitterly disputed election in Kenya, but his opponent, Raila Odinga, refused to concede defeat, criticizing the vote as a charade and edging the country closer to violence.
- Question 99: Winner of first-ever Kesari Media Award?
Explanation: Veteran journalist T J S George has been chosen for the first Kesari Media Award, instituted by the Kesari Memorial Journalist Trust (KMJT).
- Question 100: Usain Bolt is from ___ ?
Explanation: The greatest sprinter of modern times, Usain Bolt today said good bye to the Athletics world. But the farewell ended in agony as he injured himself while running the last lap of the men's 4x100m relay race in the World Athletics Championships in London.
- Question 101: ___ has formed vigilance committee to probe sewer deaths ?
Explanation: A Vigilance Committee has been set up by the Delhi Government to look into the recent sewer deaths in the city. This was announced by the Delhi Minister Rajendra Gautam after two workers died while cleaning sewer in Anand Vihar area yesterday.
- Question 102: Who was known as Pakistan’s Mother Teresa?
Explanation: Dr Ruth Pfau (87), a German doctor and nun who dedicated her life to eradicating leprosy in Pakistan, has passed in Karachi, Pakistan on August 10, 2017. She was hailed as Pakistan’s - Mother Teresa - after her work towards helping people displaced by the 2010 Pakistan floods
- Question 103: _ has launched mobile therapy vans for elderly people?
Explanation: The van is an outcome of a joint project of the World Bank and the Bihar government which is run by Social Welfare department.
- Question 104: ___ campaign has been launched by the Union Government to protect elephants?
Explanation: Dr. Harsh Vardhan, the Union Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister, has launched a nationwide campaign Gaj Yatra in New Delhi to protect elephants on the occasion of World Elephant Day (WED). The campaign is planned to cover 12 elephant range states.
- Question 105: International Youth Day is celebrated on...?
Explanation: The 2017 theme is: Youth Building Peace.
- Question 106: Maheshwari Chauhan is related with...?
Explanation: Maheshwari Chauhan won the bronze medal for India at the Asian Shotgun Championship in Astana. Meng Wei of China claimed gold while Sutiya Jiewchaloemmit of Thailand took silver.
- Question 107: Where is the headquarters of Multi Commodity Exchange of India ?
Explanation:The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) , the capital and commodity market regulator, has recently allowed Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX) to launch India’s first gold options contract soon.
- Question 108: India’s first aviation university will be located in ... ?
Explanation:The central university was planned as an autonomous body under the administrative control of the Ministry of Civil Aviation with an aim to facilitate and promote aviation studies, teaching, training and research.
Air Vice Marshal (retired) Nalin Tandon has been appointed as the Vice Chancellor.
- Question 109: Which Australian city is hosting Indian Film Festival 2017?
Explanation:The Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) is the biggest Indian film festival outside of the Indian soil, and is an official film festival supposed by the Victoria Government in Australia. This year IFFM will enter its eighth year
- Question 110: Facebook has launched ___ a redesigned video platform for creators and publishers ?
Explanation:In an apparent bid to take on Google-owned YouTube, Facebook has rolled out ‘Watch’ — a redesigned video platform for creators and publishers.
- Question 111: - She Means Business - programme of Facebook for women entrepreneurs has been launched by ... ?
Explanation:Chief minister Naveen Patnaik has launched -She Means Business - programme of Facebook for women entrepreneurs in Odisha. Under the scheme 25, 000 women entrepreneurs and self-help group (SHG) members will be given training on digital marketing skills within next one year.
- Question 112: Who has been appointment as the new chief of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC)?
Explanation:Prasoon Joshi, the famous lyricist, has been appointment as the new chief of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) for a period of three years. He succeeded Pahlaj Nihalani, who has been accused of autocratic conduct and of morally policing films.
- Question 113: Winner of 2017 The Hindu Playwright Award?
Explanation:Gerish Khemani and Akshat Nigam have won The Hindu Playwright Award 2017 for their play ‘In Search of Dariya Sagar’ at the 13th edition of The Hindu Theatre Fest in Mumbai.
- Question 114: ___ is hosting India-ASEAN Youth Summit 2017 ?
Explanation:Minister of State for External Affairs General VK Singh said that India and ASEAN countries have shared values, destinies and past. He was inaugurating the India-ASEAN Youth Summit in Bhopal this evening. He said, it makes our relationship stronger.
The summit marks the 25th anniversary of the ASEAN-India dialogue partnership in the on-going year and also the commemorative year’s theme of - Shared Values, Common Destiny - .
- Question 115: Ruth Pfau, popularly known as Pakistan’s Mother Teresa has passed away. She was from .... ?
Explanation:Dr Ruth Pfau (87), a German doctor and nun who dedicated her life to eradicating leprosy in Pakistan, has passed in Karachi, Pakistan on August 10, 2017. She was hailed as Pakistan’s “Mother Teresa” after her work towards helping people displaced by the 2010 Pakistan floods.
- Question 116: ___ has been launched as part of the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana ? ( Yesterday some users were seeing the wrong options, so we are reposting it?
Explanation: The Government of India has decided to launch a new sub-scheme named - Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana (AGEY) - as part of the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM).
The Self Help Groups under DAY-NRLM will operate road transport service in backward areas.
- Question 117: ___ has launched - Namo Yuva Rojgar Kendra - ?
Explanation:Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis launched Namo Yuva Rojgar Kendra an initiative providing job opportunities to unemployed youth in Mumbai.
- Question 118: Govt has asked Google, Facebook, Whatsapp and others to remove __ links ?
Explanation: The government has directed internet majors - Google, Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram, Microsoft and Yahoo - to immediately remove the links of dangerous online game Blue Whale Challenge, which has led to suicide of children in India and other countries.
- Question 119: Who is the winner of Marconi Lifetime Award 2017?
Explanation: The US-based Marconi Society has announced its Lifetime Achievement Award to Indian-born Stanford University professor Thomas Kailath, for his outstanding contributions to modern communications.
- Question 120: What is the theme of India-ASEAN Youth Summit 2017 ?
Explanation: Over 100 delegates from 10 ASEAN countries - Brunei, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam - will participate in the India-ASEAN Youth Summit to be held in Bhopal from August 14-19.
The exercise will mark the 25th anniversary of the ASEAN-India dialogue partnership in the ongoing year and also the commemorative years theme of "Shared Values, Common Destiny".
- Question 121: Recently, UN has declared ___ as free of polio ?
Explanation: The UN World Health Organisation (WHO) said it had not recorded any case of polio disease in Somalia in the last three years, declaring the country polio free.
The WHO said the country recorded the last case of polio in 2014 in the central part of the country but has since then remained free of the paralyzing disease.
- Question 122: Lord Krishna-themed coin to be released by ___ on Janmashtami
Explanation: A limited edition silver coin on Lord Krishna will be released on Janmashtami on August 15 by the Republic of Chad in commemoration of the 5,244th birth anniversary of the Hindu God
- Question 123: India’s first railways' disaster management centre will be located in...?
Explanation:Trains falling into rivers and coaches catching fire will be common sights in the country’s first ‘railways disaster management village’ expected to come up on the outskirts of Bengaluru by December next year.
- Question 124: ___ will host the First South Asian Youth Summit ?
Explanation:The first South Asian Youth Summit-2017 is all set to be organised in the Bhubaneswar City of Indian state of Odisha from September 17.
- Question 125: What is the name of the fifth in the series of six 105-metre Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs) ___ , which has been just commissioned?
Explanation:Indian Coast Guard ship 'Shaurya', the fifth in the series of six 105-metre Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs), was commissioned in Goa by Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan.
- Question 126: The Union Cabinet has approved raising extra budgetary resources up to ___ crore rupees for Long Term Irrigation Fund in 2017-18 ?
- Question 127: ___ is hosting Sajha Virasat Bachao Sammelan ?
Explanation:Disgruntled JD(U) leader Sharad Yadav will organize a - Sajha Virasat Bachao Sammelan - to save what he called composite culture of the country.
The event will be attended by leaders of the opposition parties, intellectuals, farmers, Dalits and tribals from across the country.
- Question 128: As of today __ kilometer metro network is under operation in seven cities?
Explanation: Union Cabinet has approved a new metro rail policy for expanding the metro network across various cities in the country.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said the policy was prepared in consultation with states and is intended to end ad hoc arrangement for expansion of metro rail network in the country. He said, right now 370 kilometer metro network is under operation in seven cities while 537 kilometer network is under construction in 12 cities.
- Question 129: In 2017, the UN World Health Organisation (WHO) declared Somalia free from...?
Explanation:Thanks to a large vaccination and immunization campaign, Somalia has had no cases of polio in the past three years and has been declared polio-free by the UN. Now, just three countries with polio remain.
- Question 130: Six women officers of the Indian Navy, who are due to circumnavigate the globe on the sailing vessel in INSV ... ?
Explanation: Six women officers of the Indian Navy, who are due to circumnavigate the globe on the sailing vessel, INSV Tarini today called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi today. This is the first-ever Indian circumnavigation of the globe by an all-women crew.
They will begin their voyage later this month from Goa and expected to return to Goa in March next year, after completing the circumnavigation. The expedition has been titled Navika Sagar Parikrama. The Parikrama will be covered in five legs, with stop-overs at 4 ports- Fremantle (Australia), Lyttleton (New Zealand), Port Stanley (Falklands), and Cape Town (South Africa).
- Question 131: Who has been given the additional charge of Rajya Sabha TV CEO ...?
Explanation: Prasar Bharati CEO Shashi Shekhar Vempati has been given additional charge as CEO and Editor-in-Chief of Rajya Sabha TV (RSTV).
Vempati will replace Gurdeep Singh Sappal, who has been serving as the CEO and editor-in-chief of Rajya Sabha TV since 2011.
- Question 132: Koel Reservoir Project is situated in...?
Explanation:North Koel Reservoir Project once completed will be very beneficial for Bihar and Jharkhand. The project will help irrigate over one lakh 11 thousand hectare land in both the States.
The total work of the project will be completed in 2 years and six month.
- Question 133: ___ bank has recently launched two digital products: Bharat QR and Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) for online payments?
Explanation:The Canara Bank has recently launched two digital products: ‘Bharat QR’, a platform for payment settlement at merchant locations, and Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) is an integrated bill payment system for Net banking customers. The first service is a mobile application, which enables a merchant to accept payments as settlement for sale of goods or services. The second product (BBPS), an initiative of the RBI offers bill payment services to the bank’s net banking customers with network of agents.
- Question 134: Vijay Nambisan was related with ....?
Explanation:Vijay Nambisan (54), the well-known poet, writer and journalist of India writing in English, has passed away on August 10, 2017. He was the first-ever All India Poetry Champion in 1988 for his poem Madras Central. He co-authored a book of poems - Gemini’ with Dom Moraes and Jeet Thayil.
- Question 135: ___ has been Awarded Best Start-Up in Skill Development by ASSOCHAM ?
Explanation:At a gala ceremony organized by ASSOCHAM, Marg ERP, which has been actively involved in the government Skill India Program, was awarded the Best Start-Up in Skill Development.
- Question 136: Durgama Anchalare Malaria Nirakaran has been launched by...?
Explanation:Odisha Government will soon launch “Durgama Anchalare Malaria Nirakaran” (DAMON), a special program to prevent the spread of malaria in remote areas of Ganjam district.
- Question 137: India has opened its first Partition Museum in ...?
Explanation:India's first museum on Partition of the Indian subcontinent will open this week in Amritsar Punjab, as India and Pakistan celebrate 70 years as independent nations.
- Question 138: As per Global Liveability Ranking released by the Economist Intelligence Unit __ is the top of World’s most liveable city of the world?
Explanation: The Economist once again ranked Melbourne as the world's most liveable city this year, beating out Vienna and Vancouver for the title.
- Question 139: Name the first woman officer to receive a gallantry award on the Independence Day 2017 celebration?
Explanation: Mitali Madhumita is the first woman officer in the Indian Army to receive a gallantry award. She received the Sena Medal in 2011 for exemplary courage shown during the attack on the Indian embassy by terrorists in Kabul, Afghanistan on 26 February, 2010, and operations in Jammu-Kashmir and the northeast states of India.
- Question 140: Navroz is the name of __ New Year ?
Explanation: Parsi New Year, Navroz is being celebrated today across the world. The festival is celebrated by follows of Zoroastrianism in Middle-East, USA and South Asian countries such as India and Pakistan.
The vibrant festival began 3,000 years back by the mighty emperor Jamshed, who introduced the new calendar in Persia. Hence, it is also known as Jamshedi Navroz or Navroz.
- Question 141: Maria Sharapova of Russia was tested positive for __ at the 2016 Australian Open ?
Explanation: Maria Sharapova will play her first Grand Slam event since serving a 15-month doping suspension after receiving a wildcard into the US Open. The move by the US Tennis Association (USTA) comes after Sharapova, ranked 148th this week, was rejected for a wildcard spot into the French Open and missed Wimbledon with a thigh injury.
- Question 142: Karnataka has launched - Indira Canteen - in ...?
Explanation:Indira Canteen aimed at serving the poor at subsidized rates, was inaugurated in Bengaluru by Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
- Question 143: __ has started instant credit cards, which can be generated online?
Explanation: City Union Bank customers can generate a credit card online. The Kumbakonam-headquartered bank introduced the option of an instant credit card for free for its Net banking customers.
- Question 144: ___ has World's Fastest Mobile Internet ?
Explanation:According to global leader in broadband testing Ookla, Norway has the fastest mobile Internet in the world. The Netherlands and Hungary are ranked number two and three on the list of the world’s fastest mobile networks.
- Question 145: Champions of Change summit held at...?
Explanation: The Prime Minister interacted with Young Entrepreneurs at the - Champions of Change - initiative organised by NITI Aayog at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra.
Six groups of Young Entrepreneurs made presentations before the PM on themes such as - Soft Power: Incredible India 2.0; Education and Skill Development; Health and Nutrition; Energizing a sustainable tomorrow; and Digital India; New India by 2022.
- Question 146: Who has been appointed as the interim CEO of Infosys ?
Explanation: Vishal Sikka has resigned as the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Infosys. Pravin Rao has been appointed as the interim CEO.
- Question 147: Where is Sasan Ultra Mega Power Project ?
Explanation: Reliance Power Sasan captive coal mine has been awarded the National Safety Award (Mines) for 2013 and 2014.
According to the company, its Sasan Mine was awarded for its - commendable safe work environment and safety practices.
- Question 148: ___ has been named 2017's highest-paid female actor with $ 26 million earnings?
Explanation: Emma Stone has been named Hollywood best-paid female actor in Forbes annual list of top earners.
- Question 149: Who is the winner of 7th Dr. Ambedkar award ?
Explanation: Bappi Lahiri, 1st music director who composed songs for Bharat Ratna Shri. Atal Bihari Vajpayee & Bharat Ratna Dr. Ambedkar gifted the CDs to Honorable President of India Mr. Ram Nath Kovind in the presence of Home Minister Rajnath Singh
- Question 150: Lakshya Sen is related with...?
Explanation: Young Indian shuttler Lakshya Sen clinched the Bulgaria Open International Series title after notching up a hard-fought win over Croatia Zvonimir Durkinjak in the men's singles final in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Question 151: Cabinet has approved MoU between India and ___ on IPR ?
Explanation:The Union Cabinet cleared MoU signed between India and Sweden on intellectual property right (IPR) cooperation, aimed at benefiting entrepreneurs, investors and businesses.
This will enable India to exchange experiences in innovation and IP ecosystems.
- Question 152: Name the new Pak’s High Commissioner to India ?
Explanation: Pakistan's High Commissioner-designate Sohail Mahmood arrived in India on Wednesday and took charge at the Indian High Commission.
He succeeds career diplomat Abdul Basit, who served as the country's envoy for four years.
- Question 153: Where is Palamau Tiger Reserve ?
Explanation: The Union Cabinet has decided to revive the North Koel Reservoir Project, stalled since 1993, and claims it will irrigate over 40,000 hectares in some of the most backward and drought-prone regions in Jharkhand and Bihar.
The dam threatened to submerge portions of the Betla National Park and the Palamau Tiger Reserve and in its truncated avatar will cause only - minimal - submergence of the reserve
- Question 154: TRAI has raised the penalty on telecom operators to ___ lakh rupees for poor mobile service quality, including call drops ?
Explanation: Tightening regulations, telecom regulator TRAI today raised the penalty on telecom operators to 5 lakh rupees for poor mobile service quality, including call drops. The regulator will also now measure call drops on the basis of data collected on the performance of telecom towers and not from area offices of telecom companies.
- Question 155: World Humanitarian Day is observed on...?
Explanation: World Humanitarian Day is a day dedicated to recognize humanitarian personnel and those who have lost their lives working for humanitarian causes.
- Question 156: Who is the winner of 2017 Kalpana Chawla Award ?
Explanation: Preethi Srinivasan, the former State under-19 cricket captain, has won the 2017 Kalpana Chawla Award for courage and daring enterprise.
- Question 157: ___ will host the steering committee of the proposed TAPI Gas pipeline?
Explanation: India will host the next steering committee meeting of the proposed 1,814 kilometre-long Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) gas pipeline in New Delhi.
- Question 158: NABARD's best performance award for 2016-17 has been won by ....?
Explanation:Vikas Grameen Bank has won the award for its work in the field of credit-linking joint liability groups (JLGs). The KVGB is sponsored by syndicate bank.
- Question 159: In DIPAMm what does A stand for...?
Explanation:The Department of Disinvestment has been renamed as Department of Investment and Public Asset Management or DIPAM
- Question 160: RBI will shortly issue new Rs 50 currency note, the dimension of the banknote will be ...?
Explanation:The Reserve Bank of India will shortly issue Rs 50 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (new) series, which will bear the signature of central bank governor Urjit Patel.
- Question 161: World Photography Day is observed on ...?
- Question 162: ___ will host G-7 interior ministers summit on security ?
Explanation:Italian Interior Minister Marco Minniti says the meeting is being organized at the request of Italy G 7 partners: Canada, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, Japan and the United States.
- Question 163: Who will be the next Russian Envoy To India?
Explanation:Kudashev, a specialist in South East Asia, is currently the Deputy Director General Secretariat of the Ministry of foreign Affairs of Russia.
- Question 164: The government is planning to give ___ reservation for girls at planned Navodaya schools?
Explanation: The government has decided to offer 40 per cent reservation for girls at 100 Navodaya-type schools. The Minister of State for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said the government is mulling to open 100 Navodaya-type schools in minority concentrated areas of the country.
- Question 165: A high-level panel formed by the ___, a government-funded agency, had in its report recently recommended a three-tier model to tackle educational backwardness among minorities, particularly the Muslims.
Explanation: The panel had said the proposed schools could work on the patterns of Kendriya Vidayala or Navodaya Vidyalaya.
- Question 166: Tal Afar is a place in...?
Explanation:Iraqi forces has launched an assault to retake the northern city of Tal Afar from the Islamic State group, after ousting the militants from Mosul last month.
Tal Afar lies around 70 kilometres west of second city Mosul, which Iraqi forces recaptured in early July in a major blow to the militants.
- Question 167: USS warship ___ has been discovered 18,000 feet below Pacific surface ?
Explanation:It has been 72 years since the USS Indianapolis went missing after a Japanese submarine torpedoed it in the final days of World War II.
A team of civilian researchers led by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen discovered the cruiser's wreckage Friday on the floor of the Pacific Ocean, 18,000 feet below the surface. The discovery brings a measure of closure to one of the most tragic maritime disasters in US naval history.
- Question 168: Which state has launched Compassionate Family Pension?
Explanation:In Assam, state government launching a new Scheme called, Scheme for Compassionate Family Pension (CFP) in lieu of Compassionate Appointment.
According to officials, where the employee dies before superannuation, the family pension equal to 100 percent of the last pay drawn by the deceased employee be paid for a period up to the date of 'deemed superannuation' of the deceased employee. The last pay drawn for this purpose is the last basic pay plus grade pay.
- Question 169: lchi Freedom Guardian drills is a military exercise between USA and __ ?
Explanation: The United States and South Korean forces will begin joint drills today in the South. The annual Ulchi Freedom Guardian drills will be held from today till 31st of this month. 17,500 US soldiers and about 50,000 South Korean troops are participating in the drill.
- Question 170: Shapath Bharadwaj is related with...?
Explanation: Teenager Shapath Bharadwaj today won a bronze medal in the double trap event while Lakshay Sheoran and Manisha Keer combined to win a bronze in the mixed team trap competition at the ISSF Junior Shotgun World Cup in Porpetto, Italy.
- Question 171: Bajrang Punia is related with...?
Explanation: Olympic medallist Sakshi Malik and Asian champion Bajrang Punia will spearhead the Indian challenge at the World Wrestling Championships, starting in Paris today.
Asian Championship Silver medalist, Sakshi will be on the mat on Thursday in 58kg category. Vinesh Phogat, another silver medallist at the Asian Championship, will also fancy her chances in women's 48kg.
- Question 172: India’s First World Peace University Inaugurated in ...?
Explanation:MIT World Peace University, the first of its kind in India, was inaugurated by Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis.
- Question 173: First meeting of experts and officials of Pancheshwar Development Authority held in ...?
Explanation:The first meeting of team of experts and officials of Pancheshwar Development Authority(PDA) has begun at Kathmandu. During the two day meeting various issues of Pancheshwar Hydropower project including hydrology, existing and future consumptive water use under Mahakali treaty, maximisation of total benefits and cost apportionment of the project will be discussed.
Formation of subgroups on Hydrology, Geology, Construction equipment planning, Environment and socio-economic impacts and Civil design will also be discussed. Experts and senior officials of India and Nepal are taking part in the meeting.
- Question 174: Who is the new Director General of RPF ?
Explanation:Dharmendra Kumar appointed as Director General of RPF.
Central Industrial Security Force, Additional Director General, Dharmendra Kumar has been appointed as the Director General, Railway Protection Force,RPF.
Kumar, who is a 1984 batch IPS officer of Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram-Union Territories (AGMUT) cadre, took charge today.
- Question 175: Where is Indira Gandhi Medical College ?
Explanation: Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare JP Nadda will launch 15 medical outlets of AMRIT Deendayal in Assam, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab through Video Conference from Shimla today.
Mr Nadda will also inaugurate one outlet of AMRIT Deendayal at Indira Gandhi Medical College (IGMC) Shimla. Affordable Medicines and Reliable Implants for Treatment, AMRIT Deendayal Pharmacy is the flagship programme of Government of India.
- Question 176: India has imposed anti-dumping duty on ___ from China ?
Explanation:India has imposed anti-dumping duty on Chinese tempered glass, used for protecting mobile phone screens. The duty, which will be effective for five years, aims at protecting the domestic industry from cheaper imports.
Revenue Department in a notification said that it has imposed anti-dumping duty in the range of 52.85 to 136.21 dollars per tonne on tempered glasses.
- Question 177: In CCTNS what is the meaning of N ?
Explanation: Home Minister Rajnath Singh launches digital police portal
Home Minister Rajnath Singh today launched digital police portal under Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems Project (CCTNS).
The portal is a smart policing initiative to provide services to citizens and aid efficient police investigation.
The portal will also provide access to authorized persons to use National Database of crime records for the purpose of investigation.
- Question 178: __ is hosting World Badminton Championships?
Explanation:World Badminton Championships: Srikanth, Sameer Verma advance to 2nd round
India made a promising start at the World Championship with in-form shuttler Kidambi Srikanth and Sameer Verma advancing to the second round of the men's singles competition in Glasgow, Scotland.
Srikanth, seeded eighth, who won the Indonesia Super series premiere and Australian Super Series Open in June, defeated Russia's Sergey Sirant 21-13 21-12 in less than half an hour match. Srikanth will now take on France's Lucas Corvee in the next round tomorrow.
- Question 179: China's first cyber court specializing in handlin Internet-related cases is located in ...?
Explanation:China on Friday launched its first cyber court specializing in handling Internet-related cases in the e-commerce hub of Hangzhou amid a spike in the number of online disputes.
- Question 180: Who is known as Durga of Indian Football ?
Explanation: Female India football star Oinam Bembem Devi receives Arjuna Award. Oinam Bembem Devi has been the face of Indian women's football for over the past two decades.
- Question 181: Who is the Executive Director of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI)?
Explanation:Dr. (Ms) Mamta Suri has taken charge as the Executive Director, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI).
Before joining IBBI, Dr. Suri was serving as Chief General Manager, Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India.
- Question 182: Who is the new Chairman of Railway Board ?
Explanation: Ashwani Lohani to be new Chairman of Railway Board
Ashwani Lohani will be the new Chairman of Railway Board, the appointment of Mr Lohani, an officer of the Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers, IRSME, was cleared by Appointments Committee of the Cabinet
- Question 183: Brian Aldiss was a famous British ....?
Explanation:Brian Aldiss, one of the most prolific and influential science fiction writers of the 20th century, has died aged 92.
- Question 184: Tom Pritchard was a famous... ?
Explanation:New Zealand's oldest cricketer Tom Pritchard has passed away. He was 100. Pritchard claimed 818 wickets across 200 first-class games, including 695 during a decade of service at Edgbaston.
- Question 185: Former ___ CM Rishang Keishing has died?
Explanation:Former Manipur Chief Minister and a member of the first Lok Sabha Rishang Keishing passed away following a brief illness. The veteran Congress leader was 96. He served as the Chief Minister of Manipur from 1980 to 1988 and from 1994 to 1997.
- Question 186: 8th World Renewable Energy Technology Congress in ... ?
Explanation:Union Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal, Renewable Energy and Mines, Shri Piyush Goyal, addressed the 3-day 8th World Renewable Energy Technology Congress in New Delhi.
- Question 187: The seventeenth Meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) held in ...?
Explanation:The Council discussed the Central KYC Registry (CKYCR) system. The Council also deliberated on strengthening the regulation of the Credit Rating Agencies (CRAs).
- Question 188: ___ is hosting 2017 Heads of Governments of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Member states?
Explanation: Home Minister Rajnath Singh is leading a delegation today to the Kyrgyz Republic to attend the two day Meeting of Heads of Governments of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Member states beginning tomorrow. The meeting will focus on prevention and elimination of emergency situations.
- Question 189: Cabinet has approved the signing of MoU between India and __ on drug demand reduction?
Explanation:The Cabinet has given its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between India and Nepal on Drug Demand Reduction and Prevention of Illicit Trafficking in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances and precursor chemicals and related matters
- Question 190: CCEA has approved the renaming of central sector scheme SAMPADA as PM Kisan Sampada Yojana for the period of ...?
Explanation:The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, CCEA has approved the renaming of the new Central Sector Scheme - SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) as Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY) for the period of 2016-20 coterminous with the 14th Finance Commission cycle.
- Question 191: RBI has been planning to issue rupee __ notes for the first time?
Explanation:The government plans to issue Rs 200 notes that will ease pressure on lower-denomination currency bills.
- Question 192: Mentor India Campaign is launched by.... ?
Explanation:Niti Aayog invites applications for Mentor India campaign under which industry leaders and academicians will guide school students in more than 900 Atal Tinkering Labs
- Question 193: ___ has been appointed Chairman of Infosys Board?
Explanation:Nandan Nilekani was appointed as the chairman of the board of directors of Infosys. Sweeping changes have been made to the board in an attempt to restore stability after the resignation of Vishal Sikka as CEO
- Question 194: International Military Music Festival 2017 held in... ?
Explanation:The International Military Music Festival - Spasskaya Tower - is the parade of the best military music bands of Russia and other countries that takes place every year at Red Square in Moscow. This Music Festival is a mega event, where military musicians represent the variety of national, artistic and military traditions of the world.
- Question 195: National Sports Museum will be established in .... ?
Explanation:The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports is going to establish National Sports Museum, first of its kind, at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi.
- Question 196: India's first Videsh Bhavan has been established in.... ?
Explanation:External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj inaugurated the country’s first Videsh Bhavan at the Bandra Kurla Complex.
As a pilot project, four offices of MEA — Regional Passport Office, Protector of Emigrants office, Branch Secretariat and Regional Office of ICCR — have been assimilated and brought under one roof.
- Question 197: Right To Privacy is Fundamental Right Under Constitution Article ___ of the Indian constitution?
- Question 198: Who has been appointed as the interim Air India CMD ?
Explanation: Rajiv Bansal, the Additional Secretary and the Financial Advisor of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, has been appointed as the interim CMD of Air India
- Question 199: The US has send its first-ever shipment of its coal to ... ?
Explanation:The United States has sent its first shipment of anthracite coal to Ukraine from the U.S. port of Baltimore under a deal designed to increase Ukraine's energy security.
- Question 200: Wayne Rooney, is a famous footballer from... ?
Explanation:Of the innumerable miserable images capturing England’s years of anguish, one of the most poignant is the picture of Wayne Rooney lying by the side of the pitch in Lisbon at Euro 2004.
- Question 201: Who is the author of the book - I Do What I Do: On Reform, Rhetoric & Resolve ?
Explanation:Raghuram Rajan explains economic concepts and talks of issues like tolerance and connection between political freedom and prosperity in his new book — I Do What I Do: On Reform, Rhetoric & Resolve — which is a collection of essays and speeches during his stint as RBI head.
- Question 202: Where is Nungthaang Tampak village?
Explanation:Manipur's Nungthaang Tampak village has emerged as the '100 percent computer literate' not only in the state but in the entire North East. The computer course was organized by Mangal Rural as a part of the Digital India program.
Nungthang Tampak has become India's second 100 percent computer literate village. Kerala's Chamravattom village is the country's first 100 percent computer literate village.
- Question 203: CA Institute has signed MoU with ICA ...?
Explanation:The CA Institute of India has signed an MoU with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nepal (ICAN). Nilesh Vikamsey, President, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and Prakash Jung Thapa, President--ICAN exchanged the MoU.
- Question 204: ___ will set up its first eco park?
Explanation:The Jammu and Kashmir government has decided to build an Eco-Park on over 34 acres of land reclaimed from encroachers in the state's Rajouri district.
- Question 205: ___ Bank has launched All in one PoS Machine?
Explanation: HDFC Bank announced a software upgrade to create a single point-of-sale (PoS) machine which will accept payments through Unified Payments Interface (UPI), BharatQR, SMS Pay and the bank’s mobile wallet, in addition to the traditional mode of swiping cards.
- Question 206: India’s first state-owned discoms to accept payments through Bharat QR?
Explanation:The Bharat QR is the world’s first interoperable quick response code acceptance solution launched by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
It is secure, network-agnostic interface that enables customers to use their smartphones to make payments without divulging information like card numbers and CVV
- Question 207: ___ will host the first-ever beauty pageant for transgenders - Miss Transqueen India?
Explanation: Like other beauty pageants, the contestants will have to go through swimming costume, traditional wear, evening gown and question-answer rounds. The winner will go to Thailand for Miss International Queen and the first runner-up will compete at Miss Transsexual Australia.
- Question 208: The Karnataka government has tied up with ___ to develop India’s first Farm Price Forecasting Model?
Explanation:Farm price forecasting model using latest IT tools in a bid to help farmers, administrators and other stakeholders to understand the market behaviour in advance.
The proposed initiative is said to be the first-of-its-kind in the country as it is a multi-variate one that takes into consideration various factors beyond the conventional supply-demand equation while forecasting the prices for crops.
- Question 209: ___ has launched - Project Brainwave - for real time Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
Explanation:The - Project Brainwave - uses the massive Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) infrastructure that Microsoft has been deploying over the past few years.
- Question 210: Who headed constitution bench of Supreme Court has declared right to privacy as Fundamental right under constitution ?
Explanation: A nine-judge constitution bench headed by Chief Justice JS Khehar ruled that right to privacy is an intrinsic part of Right to Life and Personal Liberty under Article 21 and entire Part III of the Constitution.
- Question 211: ___ has launched its first climate smart Snow Leopard Plan ?
Explanation:In a first, Nepal launched its climate-smart snow leopard landscape management plan, leading the way in safeguarding this endangered species, also found in India, and its habitat.
- Question 212: The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has launched a Central Database known as ___ , of all Insurance Sales Persons in the country ?
Explanation:Named `Envoy the database will esnure that all licensed insurance sales persons working for insurers do not work with multiple insurers and intermediaries in the same business category.
- Question 213: As per the new policy on theme-based currency notes, the Rs 200 bill bears motif of _________ to depict India's cultural heritage ?
Explanation:he Reserve Bank will launch Rs 200 notes for the first time, saying it will make it easier for the common man to transact in lower denomination missing link currency and bring greater efficiency into the system.
The base colour of the note is bright yellow,.
- Question 214: What is the name of Taiwan's first homegrown observation satellite?
Explanation: An Earth-observation satellite for Taiwan's National Space Organization was launched into orbit from California.
- Question 215: 56th annual aerospace conference held at
Explanation:Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa inaugurated the 56th annual three-day conference of Indian Society of Aerospace Medicine at the Institute of Aerospace Medicine in Bengaluru.
- Question 216: Govt has restricted import of gold, silver items from .... ?
Explanation: The government restricted imports of gold and silver items from South Korea in a bid to check spurt in inbound shipments of precious metals from that country.
- Question 217: Name the 45th Chief Justice Of India ?
Explanation:Justice Dipak Misra, who led the Supreme Court bench that confirmed death to four convicts in the Nirbhaya gang-rape case in May this year, will succeed Chief Justice JS Khehar as the next Chief Justice of India.
- Question 218: First Synergy Conference on Defence Pensions held in ..... ?
Explanation:The Defence Accounts Department, DAD organised its first Synergy Conference on Defence Pensions in New Delhi today.
The conference was attended by all Defence Pensioners Associations.
The objective of the conference was to obtain feedback from the pensioners that would help the department to serve them better with constantly improving systems and procedures.
- Question 219: The first edition of Rural Games or Grameen Khel Mahotsav will be held in...?
Explanation: Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Minister shri Vijay Goel today announced that the first edition of Rural Games or Grameen Khel Mahotsav will kick-start from Delhi and will take place between 28th August to 3rd September, 2017.
The Rural Games will aim at popularising the indigenous games like wrestling, athletics etc. and will also have fun games like Matka Race, Tug of War for senior citizens to add the fun element in the games.
- Question 220: __committee has recently recommended that banks should link home loan rates to repo rate?
Explanation: The committee, whose recommendations are not binding, suggests that this will allow for better and more transparent transmission of interest rates in the economy to individuals.
As per recommendations, banks should quote loans to customers using the RBI repo rate rather than based on their own MCLR rates.
- Question 221: National Sports Day is observed ___ in the memory of.... ?
Explanation: National Sports Day in India is celebrated on August 29, the birthday of Dhyan Chand, one of the greatest field hockey players of all time. Dhyan Chand won gold medals for India in Olympics in the years 1928,1932 and 1936.
- Question 222: FIFA U-17 World Cup logo is.... ?
Explanation: The Official Mascot of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 is a clouded leopard called Kheleo.
- Question 223: I-T department has imposed rupee 7,900 crore penalty on __ For Tax Dues?
- Question 224: India and ___ have signed a pact to Improve Grid Integration of Renewable Energy?
Explanation:The main objective of this program component is to improve the sector framework and conditions for grid integration of renewable energy.
- Question 225: UDAN Scheme is available for the distance from 200 km and __ km?
Explanation:To improve regional air connectivity, the government today announced increasing viability gap funding for helicopter operators and allowing smaller planes, among other concessions, under the UDAN scheme.
- Question 226: International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has opened its world’s first low Enriched Uranium (LEU) Bank in ... ?
Explanation: A new reserve bank for low enriched uranium (LEU) designed to discourage new countries from enriching the nuclear fuel was inaugurated in eastern Kazakhstan on August 29 -- the UN International Day Against Nuclear Tests.
- Question 227: The Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry has constituted a Task Force under the chairmanship of ___ on Artificial Intelligence for India’s Economic Transformation ?
Explanation:Commerce and Industry Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman has constituted a Task Force on Artificial Intelligence (AI) for India’s Economic Transformation. The Minister said with rapid development in the fields of information technology and hardware, the world is about to witness a fourth industrial revolution.
- Question 228: ___ has launched digital education programme for media agency professionals in Asia Pacific?
Explanation: Twitter has kicked off its new media agency programme called #TweetToTheTop in India.
Eleven agencies from global media and advertising networks including Dentsu, GroupM, IPG and Omnicom will be participating in this initiative.
- Question 229: __ has imposed the world's toughest law against plastic bags ?
Explanation:Kenyans producing, selling or even using plastic bags will risk imprisonment of up to four years or fines of $40,000 as the world's toughest law aimed at reducing plastic pollution came into effect.
- Question 230: Dara Khosrowshahi is New __ CEO ?
Explanation:He has replaced Travis Kalanick. Khosrowshahi received nearly $95 million in pay in 2015, making him one of the most highly paid leaders in corporate America.
- Question 231: Under Article ___ of the Indian Constitution, the President would be recommended to constitute a commission that would examine the central list of OBC and sub-categorise it ?
Explanation:The correct answer is: 340. Under Article 340 of the Indian Constitution, it is obligatory for the government to promote the welfare of the OBCs.
- Question 232: Hi School Kuttikootam programme has been launched in...?
Explanation:As many as 60,000 govt high school students in Kerala will be taught animation, electronic, hardware and cyber-safety under the Hi School Kuttikootam programme.
Organised by state Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education, it aims at empowering students in these fields by giving them regular training
- Question 233: Mandarin has been made a must for ...?
Explanation:Following Doklam standoff, Indo Tibetan Border Police has decided to make it compulsory for new recruits to learn Chinese language — both Mandarin & version of the language that is spoken in Tibet.
- Question 234: What is India rank in a survey of countries that have a positive influence on global affairs ?
Explanation:India is ranked seventh in the world in a survey of countries that have a positive influence on global affairs.
Canada is ranked first, with a whopping 81% believing influences the world positively while Israel and Iran stood at the bottom of the ranking.
- Question 235: According to the Forbes___ has become Asia's richest person ?
Explanation:According to Forbes, as of the end of last week, Jack Ma, the founder of the leading e-commerce giant in China, was worth $37.4 billion, with Tencent (TCEHY) Chairman Ma Huateng now ranked second with a $36.7 billion fortune.
- Question 236: The income limit defining creamy layer for OBC reservation has been raised by Rs 2 lakh per annum to ... ?
Explanation:The income limit defining ‘creamy layer’ for OBC reservation has been raised by Rs 2 lakh per annum even as the Union cabinet approved setting up of a panel for sub-categorization within the other backward classes for even distribution of reservation benefits.
- Question 237: ___ will host 2018 table tennis team World Cup ?
Explanation:The 2018 ITTF Team World Cup will be held in London from February 22 to 25 next year, the world table tennis governing body announced.
- Question 238: Google has introduced free WiFi in ... ?
Explanation: Google is extending its successful Google Station program to Indonesia
- Question 239: Name the panel on National Mineral Policy, which will submit its report by October 2017?
Explanation: The panel mandated to review the National Mineral Policy, 2008, and suggest a new framework will submit its report by October-end.
- Question 240: BRICS summit 2017 will be held in...?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will travel to Xiamen in China to attend the BRICS summit which will be held from September 3-5.
- Question 241: In UIDAI, what is the meaning of A ?
Explanation:The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has said that Aadhaar data is fully safe and secure and has robust security which cannot be compromised.
- Question 242: Rupee 5,000-crore worth road projects has been started in ...?
Explanation:Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with Union minister for road transport and highways Nitin Gadkari inaugurated highway and road projects worth Rs15,000 crore for the state in Udaipur, Rajasthan.
- Question 243: PoS - Easy Bima Plan has been launched by HSBC and .... ?
Explanation:Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance Company (CHOICE) has come up with a ‘Point-of-Sale’ product targeted at the mass-market segment.
The product- PoS - Easy Bima Plan is the first PoS product for the company and is a pure term insurance plan.
- Question 244: Fourth Session of the India-Tanzania Joint Trade Committee held at... ?
Explanation: The Indian delegation was led by Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Ms. Nirmala Sitharaman and Tanzanian delegation was led by the Minister of Industry, Trade, and Investment Mr. Charles John Mwijage.
- Question 245: Rajasthan’s first six-lane cable stayed (CS) bridge is situated on ___ river?
Explanation:This bridge will reduce commuting time by 60 minutes through National Highway no 27 (Kota-Chittor National Highway) and National Highway no 12 (Kota-Jhalawar NH).
- Question 246: UVA – a skill development programme is an initiative by ...?
Explanation:Delhi Police has tied up with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for providing mass job linked skill training for the selected youth.
- Question 247: Ahmed Khan who died recently was a famous ...?
Explanation:Ahmed Khan, the last of India's glorious generation of barefooted footballers who made a mark on the 1948 Olympic Games.
- Question 248: Gaurav Bidhuri is related with...?
Explanation: At the World Boxing Championships in Hamburg, Germany, India's Gaurav Bidhuri will clash with American Duke Regan today in the semi-finals in the bantamweight (56kg) category.
- Question 249: International Day against Nuclear Tests is observed on..?
Explanation: The International Day against Nuclear Tests is observed on August 29. It was established on December 2, 2009 at the 64th session of the United Nations General Assembly by the resolution 64/35, which was adopted unanimously.
- Question 250: Which state government has launched a new E-Waste Disposal scheme in state schools?