- Question 1: Who is the new secretary of Department of Financial Services ?
Explanation:Senior bureaucrat Rajiv Kumar has been appointed Secretary in the Department of Financial Services, DFS, while Anita Karwal would be the next Chairperson of Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE.
- Question 2: The Uttar Pradesh government has launched Startup Yatra programme from.... ?
Explanation: As per programme, the state government will provide financial assistance of Rs 15 thousand per month and maximum Rs 10 lakh rupees in a year to those who will begin startups.
- Question 3: India and ___ will jointly issue postage stamps with Diwali as theme?
Explanation:The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has recently informed that India and Canada have mutually agreed to jointly issue a set of two Commemorative Postage Stamps on the theme Diwali.
- Question 4: What is the full form of ICEX ?
Explanation:The Indian Commodity Exchange (ICEX) has become the world’s first derivatives exchange to launch diamond futures contract. Initially, the contracts are launched in size of 1 carat with compulsory delivery.
- Question 5: Name the 2nd 100 % computer literacy village of India?
Explanation: The Nungthaang Tampak village in Manipur has become North-East (NE)’s first 100% computer literacy village
- Question 6: Who is the newly appointed chief of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)?
Explanation: Ashish kumar Chauhan has been re-appointed as the new Managing Director and CEO of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) for the period of 5 years from November 2, 2017 to November 1, 2022.
- Question 7: ___ is the new Chief of Staff at Southern Command ?
Explanation:In a change of guard Lt Gen Manoj Pande, has taken over charge as Chief of Staff at Headquarters of Southern Command in Pune.
- Question 8: ___ is hosting Rajaswa Gyan Sangam 2017 ?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the annual conference - Rajaswa Gyan Sangam, 2017 in New Delhi. He will address the tax administrators during the conference jointly organised by Central Board of Direct Taxes and the Central Board of Excise and Customs.
The objective of the Conference is to enable a two-way communication between the policy-makers and the senior officers in the field offices with a view to increase revenue collection and facilitate effective implementation of law and policies in key result areas.
Apart from the joint sessions, separate technical sessions of each Board will be held during the two-day Conference.
- Question 9: ___ has failed to get ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 direct qualification place ?
Explanation:Following the defeat against India in fourth ODI match, Sri Lanka has failed to seal a direct qualification place in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
If Sri Lanka wins the last match of the five match series on Sunday, it will reach 88 points on the points table but that will not be enough to ensure it automatic qualification.
- Question 10: Cabinet has approved MoU between India __ for cooperation in Zebu Cattle Genomics and ARTs ?
Explanation:The MoU will promote development of genomics and Assistant Reproductive Technologies (ARTs) in cattle through joint activities between the two countries.
- Question 11: ___ has got the status of India’s first World Heritage City by UNESCO ?
Explanation:Gujarat’s commercial capital Ahmedabad was formally accorded the status of India’s first World Heritage City by UNESCO.
UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova handed over the certificate declaring Ahmedabad as a - World Heritage City - to Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani in Gandhinagar.
- Question 12: China will be hosting ___ BRICS summit in Sept. 2017?
Explanation:All arrangements are in place for 9th BRICS summit. Elaborate arrangements have been made for the summit. Large number of business captains are also participating in the summit. Security has been tightened at and around the summit venue.
The 2017 BRICS summit will be the ninth annual BRICS summit, an international relations conference attended by the heads of state or heads of government of the five member states Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- Question 13: The United States ordered the ___ to shut down its consulate operations in the USA
Explanation: Russian diplomats worked to vacate three properties in the United States yesterday including the six-story consulate in San Francisco, complying with a US order issued in retaliation for Moscow cutting the American diplomatic presence in Russia.
- Question 14: ___ banks of BRICS nations sign pact for credit lines ?
Explanation:Five banks of the BRICS Bank Cooperation Mechanism have agreed to establish credit lines in the national currencies and cooperate on credit ratings.
The agreement to this effect was signed yesterday ahead of the BRICS Summit in China’s Xiamen city.
- Question 15: ___ is targeting 2 lakh jobs for youth under Saksham Yojana ?
Explanation:Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal has said the state government has set a target to provide employment to two lakh youth in the state under the - Saksham Yojana.
He has directed officials to recruit youth under the Yojana for various departments where there is shortage of employees. The step is being taken so that no educated youth is unemployed in the state.
- Question 16: Who is the new Interim President of Singapore
Explanation:Indian-origin veteran civil servant JY Pillay took over as Singapore's acting President until a new head of the state is elected later September.
- Question 17: The world's highest sandcastle has been bulit in...?
Explanation:The world's highest sandcastle is now standing 16.68 meters tall in the German city of Duisburg.
A German travel operator organized the construction of the mammoth sandcastle, bringing in 3,500 tons of sand over the past three and a half weeks to the site at a former steelworks in the inland city.
- Question 18: Saab Group is a ___ aerospace and defence company?
Explanation:Swedish defence major SAAB announced its tie-up with Adani Group to manufacture the Gripen E fighter jets in India under the Defence Ministry’s $10 billion single-engine fighter jet procurement programme.
- Question 19: Name the new CBSE Chairperson ?
Explanation:IAS officer Anita Karwal was appointed as the new Chairperson of Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE. The 1988-batch officer from Gujarat cadre is currently serving as additional secretary in HRD Ministry.
- Question 20: Rahul Bharadwaj is related with...?
Explanation:Correct Answer is: Badminton
In the India Junior International Grand Prix Badminton, Shuttler Rahul Bharadwaj will clash with Thailand's Kunlavut Vitidsarn for the summit clash in Pune .
- Question 21: Shirish Pai was ___ poet ?
Explanation: She was credited with introducing Haiku to the Marathi speaking world. Pai was the daughter of noted writer-journalist Acharya Pralhad Keshav Atre. She started writing Haiku in 1975.
- Question 22: Recently, Which state government has decided to provide free education to girls up to graduation?
Explanation:The scheme will be able to avail free education without paying a penny from the next academic year.
The government would reimburse all fees except examination fees of girl students of Class 1 to graduation level, irrespective of their family’s annual income.
- Question 23: Divya Deshmukh is related with...?
Explanation: She scored a total of 9.5 points to give India its only medal in the championship this year.
It is Divya’s second world title after her victory in the under-10 World Youth Chess Championship-2014 in Durban.
- Question 24: Name the new Defence Minister of India ?
Explanation: Nirmala Sitharaman, the former minister of state for the commerce and industry ministry, has become the new Defence Minister of India on September 3, 2017 after latest Union cabinet reshuffle. She succeeded Arun Jaitley.
With this, she has become the India’s first woman Defence Minister after Indira Gandhi
- Question 25: For the first time which state has extended its AFSPA orders on its own ?
Explanation: Assam Government has extended term of Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA), 1958 and declared entire state a Disturbed Area for six more months.
The AFSPA was enacted in 1958 to bring ‘disturbed’ areas declared under it under control.
- Question 26: Ksheera Bhagya scheme has been launched by...?
Explanation:Amazon announced a partnership with the Akshaya Patra Foundation to implement the Karnataka government's - Ksheera Bhagya - Scheme in the city, wherein schoolchildren would be provided a glass of milk each five days a week.
- Question 27: Name the new election commissioner of India?
Explanation:IAS officer and former bureaucrat, Sunil Arora, was appointed election commissioner.
After Nasim Zaidi retired as chief election commissioner (CEC) in July, there was a vacancy in the Election Commission. While Achal Kumar Joti is the joint CEC, Om Prakash Rawat is the other election commissioner.
- Question 28: ___ International Airport Ltd has won the National Award for Excellence in Energy Management at a conference hosted by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) ?
Explanation: GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL) is a company promoted as a joint venture comprising the GMR Group (63%) in partnership with Government of India (13%), Government of Telangana (13%) and Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad (11%).
- Question 29: ___ has won Player of Series award in the just concluded India and Sri Lanka ODI series?
Explanation:India has whitewashed host Sri Lanka 5-nil in One Day International cricket series. By winning all the 5 games, India became the first visiting country to inflict a 5-0 defeat on Sri Lanka.
- Question 30: Name the USA Astronaut who has returned to Earth after 665 days in space ?
Explanation: Astronaut Peggy Whitson returned to Earth late Saturday, wrapping up a record-breaking flight that catapulted her to first place for U.S. space endurance.
Whitson’s 665 days off the planet 288 days on this mission alone exceeds that of any other American and any other woman worldwide.
- Question 31: Name the new US ambassador to India ?
Explanation:The Donald Trump administration has appointed Kenneth Juster as the United States Ambassador to India. He will soon be officially nominated by the President
- Question 32: Who is the new Sports Minister of India?
Explanation: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore was appointed as the country’s Youth Affairs and Sports Minister in place of Vijay Goel who has been made the Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs.
- Question 33: Name India’s first full-time woman defence minister?
Explanation:Nirmala Sitharaman became India’s second woman defence minister after she was elected to the Cabinet.
Indira Gandhi had served as the defence minister in 1975 and again in 1980–82. However, Sitharaman is the first woman to hold the position full-time.
- Question 34: ___ aims to fill up about 115 dams by the overflowing waters of Sardar Sarovar Dam on Narmada River ?
Explanation:President Ramnath Kovind laid the foundation stone of the second phase of link-4 pipeline canal of Saurashtra Narmada Avataran Irrigation (SAUNI) Scheme in Rajkot district of Gujarat.
After becoming the President in July this year, Kovind visited Gujarat for the first time.
- Question 35: Who is new Power & New and Renewable Energy Minister of India?
Explanation:Power and New and Renewable Energy Minister RK Singh took over the charge of both ministries in the presence of his predecessor Piyush Goyal. Goyal is new Railways and Coal Minister.
- Question 36: Name the formerly Indian Coast Guard Ship, which has been handed over to Sri Lanka Coast Guard at Kochi?
Explanation:Varuna, formerly an Indian Coast Guard Ship was formally handed over to Sri Lanka Coast Guard today at Kochi. The ship was handed over by Rajendra Singh, Director General of Indian Coast Guard at a colourful function held at Kochi Naval Base.
- Question 37: ___ has launched National Nutrition Strategy to address country's nutritional needs?
Explanation:NITI Aayog has launched National Nutrition Strategy.
It lays the roadmap for targeted action to address India's nutritional needs. NITI's national nutrition strategy calls for convergence between four proximate determinants of nutrition - food, health services, income and water.
- Question 38: __ is hosting Chess World Cup 2017?
Explanation: The Chess World Cup 2017 is a 128-player single-elimination chess tournament, being held in Tbilisi, Georgia, from 2 to 27 September 2017.
- Question 39: Who is the new Commerce and Industry Minister of India as on Sept. 6?
Explanation:Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu has called for adoption of a proactive approach to reach out to global companies with an aim to attract investments.
- Question 40: Rakhine is state in....?
Explanation:United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres appealed to Myanmar authorities to end violence in the country's Rakhine state. He yesterday warned that violence was creating a situation that can destabilize the region.
- Question 41: __ is the only Indian bank among the Five banks of the Brics Bank Cooperation Mechanism that have agreed to establish credit lines in the national currencies?
Explanation:Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES), Vnesheconombank, Export-Import Bank of India, China Development Bank and Development Bank of South Africa (DBSA) have signed an agreement to establish credit lines in the national currencies, as well as a memorandum of cooperation on credit ratings.
- Question 42: Govt. has launched two new contraceptives pills in ___ states?
Explanation: Two new free contraceptives, an injectable drug and a pill that the centre introduced in July this year were formally launched in 10 states.
The contraceptives, which are available for free in medical colleges and district hospitals at present, have so far been launched in the states of Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Haryana, West Bengal, Odisha, Delhi and Goa.
- Question 43: Surya Kiran is the name of a military exercise between India and ..... ?
Explanation:India and Nepal on Sunday began their joint military exercise in the western part of the Himalayan country, focusing on counter-terrorism and forest fighting operations.
- Question 44: Name the Most powerful hurricane ever recorded over Atlantic Ocean batters Caribbean islands ?
Explanation:Officials in Florida's Key West and popular Caribbean tourist islands have ordered people to evacuate as Irma, a potentially catastrophic Category Five hurricane, is set to make landfall.
The hurricane coming on the heels of Harvey, is expected to hit a string of French islands including Guadeloupe before heading to Haiti and Florida.
- Question 45: Ankur Mittal is related with...?
Explanation: Indian shooter Ankur Mittal settled for the silver medal in the double trap event of the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Shotgun Championship
- Question 46: ___ has become the first Indian woman ambassador for Tourism Australia?
Explanation:Bollywood actress Parineeti Chopra has become the first Indian woman ambassador for Tourism Australia to encourage Indians to visit the country.
She was presented the Friend of Australia (FOA) recognition by Australian Consul General Tony Huber for her contribution to promote Australia recently.
- Question 47: ___ will host 2019 Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships?
Explanation: It was decided by the Executive Board of Commonwealth Weightlifting Federation to allot the 2019 edition of the competitions to India at Gold Coast, Australia.
The 2018 edition of the tournament is being held at the Gold Coast.
- Question 48: Who is the chairman of the Expert Task Force which has been created to provide a major thrust to job creation by enhancing India’s exports ?
Explanation: NITI Aayog has constituted an Expert Task Force to provide a major thrust to job creation by enhancing India’s exports.
It will be headed by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Dr Rajiv Kumar. AIR correspondent reports that the Niti Aayog said, while the Indian workforce has high aspirations, a majority of workers are still employed in low-productivity, low-wage jobs in small, micro and own-account enterprises.
It said, an urgent and sustained expansion of the organized sector is essential to address India’s unemployment and under-employment issue.
- Question 49: The National Green Tribunal has directed the __ government to immediately shut down illegal hot mix plants for preventing environmental degradation ?
Explanation: The National Green Tribunal has directed the Uttarakhand government to immediately shut down illegal hot mix plants for preventing environmental degradation.
A bench headed by NGT Chairperson Justice Swatanter Kumar ordered the state government and Uttarakhand pollution control board to take action against 35 such plants. The tribunal directed the state government to submit compliance report within four weeks.
- Question 50: Indian Ambassador to Nepal Manjeev Singh Puri laid the foundation stone for the proposed Pension Paying Office (PPO) at ___ on September 4.
Explanation: Pension Paying Office at Butwal will benefit approximate 45000 Indian Army Gorkha pensioners and family pensioners in the region, in addition to the already existing PPOs at Pokhara, Dharan and Kathmandu. It will go a long way in serving the 126000 Ex-Servicemen and family pensioners in Nepal.
- Question 51: Which committee has been formed to identify key data protection issues in India and recommend methods to address them?
Explanation:The Centre told Supreme Court that an expert committee has been constituted under the Chairmanship of former apex court judge Justice BN Srikrishna to identify key data protection issues in India and recommend methods to address them.
The government told the apex court that after the committee's report is submitted, there is a possibility that the law shall be passed regulating data protection.
- Question 52: Gadde Ruthvika Shivani and Lakshya Sen are related with...?
Explanation: Correct Answer is: Badminton. Rising Indian singles shuttlers Gadde Ruthvika Shivani and Lakshya Sen advanced to the quarterfinals at the Vietnam Open Grand Prix in the Ho Chi Minh city today. The doubles pair of Arjun Madathil Ramachandran and Ramchandran Shlok also entered the quarterfinals.
- Question 53: Who is India's Minister of State in the Ministry of Mines and Ministry of Coal?
Explanation:Haribhai Parthibhai Chaudhary took charge as Minister of State for Coal, with his senior colleague in the ministry Piyush Goyal saying that his support would help taking on newer challenges.
- Question 54: ___ is hosting the Eastern Economic Forum (EEF-2017) ?
Explanation: The EEF is considered as the biggest international communication platform for cooperation between businesses leaders and senior government representatives from Russia, the Pacific Region and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
- Question 55: Who has become the first Indian to be signed by Australian Basket Team?
Explanation:Amritpal Singh, the captain of the Indian basketball team, has scripted history by becoming the first Indian-born player to be picked up by an Australian National Basketball League (NBL) team.
- Question 56: Who is the author of the book - How India Sees the World: From Kautilya to the 21st Century ?
- Question 57: ___ has topped in GST migration & fresh registrations ?
Explanation:Maharashtra is on the top position among other states in the country when it comes to migration of existing traders and fresh registrations under the Goods and Service Tax (GST) network.
Maharashtra is on top among other states in terms of migration of existing traders and fresh registrations under GST Network, Varshney said. Uttar Pradesh (5.93 lakh) has secured second position whereas Tamil Nadu (5.23 lakh) is on the third position.
- Question 58: Which Committee is related to Financial Resolution and Deposit Insurance Bill, 2017.
Explanation: A Joint Committee of Parliament has decided to seek views and suggestions from various stakeholders and public at large on the provisions of the Financial Resolution and Deposit Insurance Bill, 2017.
- Question 59: The Indian Council for Agricultural Research ICAR will be undertaking major research works on agriculture this year with the World Bank fund of ___ crore rupees ?
Explanation:Funds will be allocated to ten each of the premier agricultural and veterinary universities in the country. Though India ranks first in milk production in the world, the milk yield per animal is very low as compared to international standards.
- Question 60: SBI Life Insurance Gets SEBI approval for Rs ___- crore IPO ?
Explanation: SBI Life Insurance has received approval from the Securities and Exchange Board of India for an IPO (Initial Public Offering) of up to Rs 8,400 crore ($1.3 billion).
- Question 61: India's First Hyperloop will be developed in?
Explanation:The Andhra Pradesh government has signed an MoU with the US-based Hyperloop Transportation Technologies (HTT)to build India's first Hyperloop system.
The planned project is aimed at connecting cities Amaravati and Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh, supposedly covering the distance of over 35 km in just five minutes.
- Question 62: Name the country where India had launched UJALA Scheme ?
Explanation:Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), under Ministry of Power, Government of India has launched UJALA (Unnat Jyoti by Affordable Lighting for All) Scheme in the State of Melaka, Malaysia.
- Question 63: ___ has entered into an agreement with US-based networking solutions provider Coriant to chart the path to 5G and Internet of Things (IoT) in India ?
Explanation:The MoU was signed between BSNL and Coriant for laying the foundation for innovation in network architectures and services leveraging 5G, IoT, Software Defined Networking/Network Functions Virtualization (SDN/NFV), and mobile edge computing technologies.
- Question 64: Which Bank has decided to replace loans with certificate deposits?
Explanation:Ujjivan Small Finance Bank has said that it will bring down its cost of funds by up to 150 basis points during the current financial year by replacing 75 %.
- Question 65: India has decided to grant gratis visa to __ citizens ?
Explanation: Gratis visa is granted to diplomats and officials , UN officials traveling on duty or those traveling to India on invitation of Government of India as its guest. Those granted scholarship under Cultural Exchange Programmes are also granted gratis visa.
- Question 66: ___ govt has announced Rs 1 lakh cash reward to find out Blue Whale curators?
Explanation: he Gujarat government has announced a cash reward of 1 lakh Rupees to those providing information about the administrators and curators of the deadly Blue Whale Challenge.
After banning the challenge, which incites people to commit suicide, the state home department today came out with an advisory and directed police department and district administrations to prohibit people from undertaking the challenge.
- Question 67: As per ASSOCHAM, which state has topped in manufacturing excellence?
Explanation:Karnataka stands at top among the states of the country in terms of manufacturing excellence, according to a study by industry chambers ASSOCHAM.
- Question 68: Who is the winner of US Open women's singles title?
Explanation:Unseeded American Sloane Stephens lifted the US Open women's singles title. Sloane ranked 83rd completed a spectacular return from injury to beat 15th seed Keys 6-3, 6-0 in the finals.
- Question 69: Himalaya Day is observed on..
Explanation:In Uttarakhand, Himalaya Day is being observed across the state today. People from different walks of life participated in awareness rally, seminars and took pledge to save Himalaya.
On this occasion Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat announced to set up two companies of the eco task force for tree plantation and environment conservation in the state.
- Question 70: ___ has enacted a major labour reform and employers can now fire 300 staff without prior govt nod?
Explanation: In a major labour reform, Assam has enacted the Industrial Disputes (Assam Amendment) Bill, 2017, which authorises employers to retrench up to 300 employees without seeking approval of the government.
- Question 71: Name new coach of Indian Men's Hockey Team?
Explanation: Women's national hockey coach Sjoerd Marijne was named chief coach of the men's side. He has replaced Roelant Oltmans.
- Question 72: Sonam Malik is related with...?
Explanation:India Wrestler Sonam Malik won a gold medal by defeating Japanese Wrestler Sena Nagamoto by 3-1 points on the fourth-day of Cadet World Wrestling Championship in Athens.
- Question 73: Who is GSTN chairman?
Explanation:UIDAI CEO A B Pandey was appointed interim chairman of Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) — the firm providing IT backbone and portal for registration and tax returns under the GST regime.
The UIDAI issues Unique Identification numbers (UID), named as Aadhaar, to all residents of India. The GSTN is the information technology (IT) backbone and portal for real-time taxpayer registration, migration and tax return filing under the GST.
- Question 74: Which state has signed Signed MoU with Google to Increase Digital Literacy ?
Explanation:Through the MoU with Google, the state government would work to provide Internet connection to 26,000 villages and 1,500 tea garden areas to increase digital literacy.
- Question 75: First National Canine Seminar was organised at .... organized by NSG?
Explanation:The Minister of State for Home Affairs Shri Kiren Rijiju attended the first National Canine Seminar organized by National Security Guard (NSG), in NSG Campus, Manesar (Gurugram), Haryana.
The theme of the two days National Canine Seminar is Canine as Tactical Weapon in Fight against Terrorism - with an objective to discuss and deliberate on the techniques of dog training and strategies of deploying the dogs in Counter Terrorism/Counter Insurgency scenario.
- Question 76: Who is the winner of 2nd South Asian Basketball?
Explanation: India has won 2nd South Asian Basketball, SABA, Under - 16 Championship. India defeated Bhutan by 131-50 in its last league match at Kathmandu yesterday. India remained unbeaten in its all four matches and accumulated 8 points. Bangladesh finished second and host Nepal third.
- Question 77: Bonderam festival is related with...?
Explanation:The word - Bonderam - originated from the involvement of flags. It is stated that during the Portuguese rule in Goa there were frequent disputes between two sections of the Divar village over property issues.
These often led to violence and fights in the village. To find a solution to this problem, the Portuguese introduced a system of demarcation of boundaries with flags.
The festival is a memoir to the protest by the local villagers against the Portuguese while trying to resolve the property ownership disputes.
- Question 78: Indian Badminton Association has selected for the first life time award?
Explanation:The renowned Indian Badminton legend Prakash Padukone has been selected for the first life time award by Badminton Association of India.
Padukone had won the 1980 All England, besides bagging a bronze at the 1983 World Championship in Copenhagen. He also won a gold medal at the 1978 Commonwealth Games. He was bestowed with the Arjuna award in 1972 and the Padma Shri in 1982.
- Question 79: Which state is coming up with a one-stop portal to help tourists book hotels, tickets, travel guides and vehicles.
Explanation: Uttar Pradesh tourism department is coming up with a one-stop portal to help tourists book hotels, tickets, travel guides and vehicles.
Principal Secretary, Tourism, Awanish Awasthi said, Yogi Adityanath government wants that Uttar Pradesh should become a hub of tourism, as there are a lot of tourist places in the state.
- Question 80: 12th India-Japan Annual Summit being held in ... ?.
Explanation: 12th India-Japan annual summit in Gandhinagar
- Question 81: Name Japan's PM who is on India visit from Sept. 13?
Explanation: Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will arrive in Ahmedabad on Wednesday on a two-day visit to India. He will participate in the 12th India-Japan Annual Summit being held in Ahmedabad.
This will be the fourth annual summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese coumterpart. External Affairs Ministry in a press release said the two leaders will review the recent progress in the multifaceted cooperation between India and Japan under the framework of their Special Strategic and Global Partnership and will set its future direction.
- Question 82: AG Lukashenko is the president of .... ?
Explanation:President of Belarus AG Lukashenko will arrive in New Delhi this evening on a two-day visit to India. The visit is taking place in a year when Belarus and India are celebrating 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations.
During the visit, President Lukashenko will have meetings with President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
- Question 83: Rattihalli Nagendra Sudarshan is related with...?
Explanation:Rattihalli Nagendra Sudarshan (78), the veteran Kannada actor, producer and singer, has passed away in Bengaluru, Karnataka on September 8, 2017.
In his five decade film career, Sudarshan acted in Kannada, Tamil, Hindi, Telugu and Malayalam films. He was one of the villains in Nayagan directed by Manirathnam.
- Question 84: The Punjab National Bank has signed an agreement with __ to open mobile wallet Speedpay?
Explanation:The Punjab National Bank (PNB) and state-run owned BSNL has signed an agreement to roll out open mobile wallet Speedpay across 10 states in the country.
Under the agreement, BSNL will expand Speedpay services in Punjab, Chandigarh(UT), Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand and Uttarakhand.
- Question 85: Who won the Gold Medal at the World Cadet Wrestling Championship in Athens?
Explanation: Haryana girls Sonam Malik and Anshu bagged gold medals while Neelamand Simran settled for the bronze medal at the World Cadet Wrestling Championship in Athens.
- Question 86: __ is hosting the World Senior Badminton Championship ?
Explanation: The World Senior Badminton Championship began at Kochi.
In a glittering ceremony, Badminton Association of India, BAI President Himanta Biswa Sarma formally inaugurated the week long Championship. A total of 665 players from forty countries in different groups are participating in the Championship.
- Question 87: ___ is hosting four day annual BSF sports 2017?
Explanation:The four-day annual BSF sports meet began in Jammu on Tuesday in which about 1,200 personnel would participate in sports such as wrestling, boxing, weight-lifting and Kabbadi.
The Inter-Frontier Sports Competition of the Border Security Force is aimed at preparing the jawans for national and international-level championships.
- Question 88: ___ has declared 96 tehsils as drought-hit ?
Explanation:Chhattisgarh government has declared 96 tehsils of 21 districts across the state as drought-hit in view of deficient rainfall.
These tehsils would not have sufficient crop yield as per 'Aanawari', which is a measure of crop yield in farms.
- Question 89: Minister for __ has launched the - Wood is Good - campaign?
Explanation:Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change Dr Harsh Vardhan on Tuesday launched the 'Wood is Good ' campaign in New Delhi. Inaugurating a two-day conference on Sustainable landscapes and forest ecosystems, he said, wood is a climate-friendly material, as it is a renewable resource, having zero carbon footprint.
The Minister reiterated the government’s commitment to increase the country’s forest cover from 24 percent to 33 per cent of the geographical area and creating an additional carbon sink of 2.5 to 3 billion tons of CO2 equivalent in forests.
- Question 90: ___ will host the 2028 Olympics?
Explanation:Los Angeles will host the 2028 Olympics. The evaluation commission of International Olympic Committee, IOC gave the formal go ahead to its bid.
IOC will award the 2024 Games to Paris and the 2028 Games to Los Angeles.
- Question 91: __ has launched Sahara Forest Project ?
Explanation:In a bid to turn the desert land into a flourishing farmland, Jordan has launched Sahara forest project, which will use innovative technology to produce food using, sun and sea water.
The Sahara forest project (SFP) was recently inaugurated by Jordan's King Abdullah II and Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, near the southern port city of Aqaba.
- Question 92: ___ has got Maharatna status ?
Explanation:The government of India (GoI) has conferred Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) with Maharatna Status.
Accordingly, BPCL is empowered to exercise the powers of a Maharatna company as governed by relevant guidelines issued by Department of Public Enterprises.
- Question 93: Fill in the blanks: Indian Army has decided to induct ___ women in military police with yearly intake of ...?
Explanation:The government has decided to recruit women jawans into the Army’s Corps of Military Police (CMP) for investigating gender specific crimes. However, induction of women into the Army’s combat arms could still be a long way as the CMP is only a support arm.
- Question 94: The government has extended FAME India Scheme by six-month. In FAME what is the meaning ot M?
Explanation:Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Anant Geete said on that the government was considering the extension of a scheme to promote electric and hybrid vehicles by another six months. FAME: Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles.
- Question 95: What is the capital of Belarus ?
- Question 96: ‘Antara" the contraceptive pill launched by the government of India is effective for...?
- Question 97: The Priority Corridor of Lucknow Metro is between
- Question 98: The 12th edition of Nepal-India joint military exercise is known as...?
- Question 99: Which of the following is an Indian Anti-Tank Guided Missile ?
Explanation: India’s Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) successfully conducted a flight test of the third-generation anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) Nag, the Indian Ministry of Defense (M0D).
- Question 100: India has launched ___ to help Bangladesh tackle Rohingya refugee crisis?
Explanation: India has started Operation Insaniyat to provided assistance to Bangladesh in response to the humanitarian crisis being faced on account of the large influx of Rohingya refugees into that country from Myanmar.
External Affairs Ministry in a statement said today that under it, relief material consisting of items including rice, pulses, sugar, salt, cooking oil, biscuits and mosquito nets will be provided to the affected people.
- Question 101: Konsam Ormila Devi is related with .... ?
- Question 102: Disha Microfin is now recognised as
- Question 103: President of India has launched - Swacchata Hi Seva - campaign from ....?
Explanation:President Ram Nath Kovind will launch Swacchata Hi Seva campaign tomorrow from Kanpur.
Briefing media in New Delhi this afternoon, Drinking Water and Sanitation Secretary Parameswaran Iyer said, the fortnight long campaign will run till 2nd of October, Gandhi Jayanti.
He said, the major elements of the campaign are massive awareness generation and community mobilization.
- Question 104: Who is the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd?
- Question 105: DIKSHA launched on National Teachers Day 2017 is a
- Question 106: 3rd meeting of India-Kuwait Joint Ministerial Commission to be held in ___ from 18-20 September ?
Explanation:The third meeting of India-Kuwait Joint Ministerial Commission for Trade, Economic, Scientific and Technological Cooperation will be held in Kuwait from 18-20 of this month. Minister of State for External Affairs M J Akbar will lead the Indian delegation.
This is his first official visit to Kuwait.
- Question 107: Which city hosted the Indo-Sri Lanka Hindi conference?
Explanation:The Indo-Sri Lanka Hindi conference was organized at Kelaniya University near Colombo with theme ‘Hindi E-learning : Identity and possibilities’ on eve of Hindi Divas celebrations on September 13, 2017. High Commissioner of India to Sri Lanka Taranjit Singh Sandhu was the chief guest on the occasion. The Kelaniya University is distinct as it has a full-fledged Hindi department which offers courses ranging from degree to doctorate and research. Hindi is quite popular among Sri Lankan youths and many of them are enrolled for special Hindi classes offered by Indian Cultural centre in Colombo.
- Question 108: Which committee has been constituted by the Union Finance Ministry to monitor tech issues of GST?
Explanation:The Union Finance Ministry has constituted a Group of Ministers (GoM) headed by Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi to monitor and resolve the IT challenges faced in the implementation of GST. The GoM will be assisted by the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN). Apart from this, the government has also constituted a committee on exports convened by revenue secretary Dr Hasmukh Adhia to look into issues of export sector and to recommend suitable strategy for helping the export sector in the post-GST scenario to the GST Council.
- Question 109: ___ will host 2024 Summer Olympics ?
Explanation:Having previously hosted the 1900 Summer Olympics and the 1924 Summer Olympics, Paris will become the second city after London (1908, 1948 and 2012) to host the Olympic Games three times.
- Question 110: Government has claimed to save rupee ___ thousand crore through DBT in various public schemes?
Explanation:Government has saved 57 thousand crore rupees pocketed earlier by middlemen, through the use of Direct Benefit Transfer, DBT in various public schemes.
Speaking at a function in Gurugram, IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad several schemes like MGNREGA have been linked to DBT, under which the receivables are transferred directly to the beneficiary's bank accounts.
- Question 111: Which city to host the 5th edition of Coastal Shipping and Inland Water Transportation Business Summit-2017?
Explanation:The 5th edition of the ‘Coastal Shipping and Inland Water Transportation Business Summit 2017’ will be held at Hotel Crown Plaza in Kochi, Kerala on September 22. The summit will be an initiative to explore the immense potential of coastal shipping and waterways as well as an effort to build a shared commitment and decipher the role that each stakeholder will have to play in integrating the coastal and waterways transport infrastructure. On this occasion, Kerala Governor P Sathasivam will present the India Seatrade Award for Excellence in Coastal Shipping & Inland Water Transportation.
- Question 112: Who has been appointed as the working president of Uttar Pradesh Hindi Sansthan?
Explanation:Professor Sadanand Gupta, the former head of the Hindi department in the Gorakhpur University and renowned Hindi litterateur, has been appointed as the working president of the Uttar Pradesh Hindi Sansthan. The post was vacant since the Yogi Adityanath government came to power in March 2017. The working president of the Sansthan Uday Pratap Singh had resigned after change of guard in the State. Prof Gupta has been honoured with Birla, Vyas, and Saraswati awards for his literary contributions. He is also associated with several RSS magazines. A native of state of Jharkhand, Prof Gupta has been residing in Gorakhpur since his retirement from Gorakhpur University in 2013.
- Question 113: The 2017 National Hindi Day (NHD) is celebrated on ....?
Explanation:The National Hindi Day (NHD) is celebrated every year on September 14 across India to mark the language that roots back to Ancient India, in which the scriptures of the Land of Saints and Yogis, Mythological Epics and Glory of various Kingdoms and Dynasties were written.
- Question 114: Which union ministry has signed an MoU with Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) for automatic and regular exchange of information?
Explanation:The Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) and Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) have signed a MoU for automatic and regular exchange of information to curb the menace of shell companies, money laundering and black money in the country. This will also prevent misuse of corporate structure by shell companies for various illegal purposes. The MoU will enable sharing of specific information such as PAN number data in respect of corporates, Income Tax returns of corporates, financial statements filed with the Registrar by corporates, audit reports and statements of financial transactions received from banks relating to corporates. The information shared will pertain to both Indian corporates as well as foreign corporates operating in India. In addition to regular exchange of data, CBDT and MCA will also exchange with each other any information available in their respective databases, for the purpose of carrying out scrutiny, inspection, investigation and prosecution.
- Question 115: ___ National Institute of Ayurveda enters Guinness Book for 'Most people receiving Nasya Panch Karma simultaneously ?
Explanation:In Rajasthan, Jaipur's National Institute of Ayurveda has entered the Guinness Book for - Most people receiving Nasya Panch Kararma simultaneously - On the second day of National Ayurveda Yuva Mahotsav, 733 Ayurvedic practitioners performed Nasya Karma, which has been registered in the Guinness Book of records.
- Question 116: The latest round of talks between India and Pakistan on Indus Water Treaty concluded without reaching an agreement. The two-day discussion took place at ___ on September 14-15.
Explanation:The World Bank said in a statement that while an agreement has not been reached at the conclusion of the meetings, it will continue to work with both countries to resolve the issues in an amicable manner and in line with the Treaty provisions.
- Question 117: India’s first advanced Homoeopathy Virology lab has been opened in .....?
Explanation:Shripad Yesso Naik, the Union Minister of State for AYUSH, has inaugurated the India’s first State of art virology laboratory at Dr Anjali Chatterjee Regional Research Institute for Homoeopathy in Kolkata, West Bengal.
The laboratory, established at a cost of Rs. 8 crore is the only one in India for conducting basic and fundamental research in Homoeopathy for viral diseases like influenza, Japanese encephalitis, dengue, chikungunya and H1N1 (swine flu).
- Question 118: Which state has become the first Indian State to approve e-vehicle policy?
Explanation:The new policy aims to attract investments worth Rs 31,000 crore and create around 55,000 employment opportunities. With this, Karnataka has become the first Indian State to approve e-vehicle policy.
- Question 119: ___ Transport department has introduced Yatrik mobile app?
Explanation:The West Bengal Transport department has introduced ‘Yatrik’ mobile phone app to help in the easy booking of traditional meter taxis in Kolkata.
Both yellow and blue-and-white taxis can be hailed through the app. The service has been initiated with 300 taxis. Gradually, all taxis would be made available through the app.
- Question 120: What is the India’s rank in the 2017 Global Human Capital Index (GHCI)?
Explanation:India has been ranked 103rd out of 130 nations in the 2017 Global Human Capital Index (GHCI). The list is topped by Norway, Finland, Switzerland and United States.
- Question 121: What is the theme of the 2017 International Day of Democracy?
Explanation:The International Day of Democracy is observed every year on September 15 to provide an opportunity to review the state of democracy in the world. The 2017 theme “Democracy and Conflict prevention” focuses on the critical need to strengthen democratic institutions to promote peace and stability.
- Question 122: Shapath Bhardawaj is related with...?
Explanation:Indian teenager Shapath Bhardawaj has qualified for the prestigious ISSF World Cup Finals for shooting.
Having become the country's youngest athlete to figure in the government's Target Olympic Podium scheme, the 15-year-old, who clinched an individual bronze medal in the Junior World Cup in Italy last month, will compete in men's double trap along side Ankur Mittal and Sangram Dahiya.
- Question 123: India’s Forex Reserves Top ___ billion for the First Time?
Explanation:According to the RBI Data, India’s foreign-exchange reserves rose past $400 billion for the first time ever, strengthening policymakers’ buffers ahead of an expected reduction in US stimulus.
- Question 124: Which state government has launched a comprehensive land survey for rectification of land records in the state?
Explanation:The Telangana government has launched a comprehensive land survey for rectification of land records in the state on September 15, 2017. The survey, first of its kind in the country, is aimed at rectifying and updating the land records in all 10,733 revenues villages across the state. Total 1346 teams of officials will take part in the survey which will continue till this year end. Under this programme, teams of revenue and agricultural officers will stay in villages for 10 days, conduct gram sabhas and verify the land records in the presence of farmers. The rectified records will be displayed at village panchayat office and will also be digitized and uploaded online. After completion of the survey, the farmer will be given an Electronic Title Deed Pattadar Passbook which will be farmer proof.
- Question 125: Which city is hosting the first-ever National Ayurveda Youth Festival (NAYF)?
Explanation:The first-ever National Ayurveda Youth Festival (NAYF) has started in Jaipur, Rajasthan on September 14, 2017. Approx 3000 youth Ayurveda students and doctors from across the country are participating in the 3-day fest, which is organized by the joint auspices of the National Institute of Ayurveda (NIA) Jaipur and National Ayurveda and Youth Association (NAYA), an affiliate of Vigyan Bharati. In it, Jaipur’s National Institute of Ayurveda (NIA) has entered the Guinness Book for ‘Most people receiving Nasya Panch Kararma simultaneously’. It was a unique record and its purpose was to attract youth towards Ayurveda.
- Question 126: Whose birthday was observed as 'Seva Diwas' throughout the country Sept. 17?
Explanation: BJP is observing Mr Modi's birthday as 'Seva Diwas' throughout the country today. Medical camps, blood donation events and cleanliness drive are being organized in different parts of the country.
- Question 127: Air India launches non-stop flight service from Delhi to ....?
Explanation: Air India has launched its direct flight to the Danish capital Copenhagen from New Delhi yesterday.
This is the 11th destination for the national carrier in Europe, describing it as connecting 'Maharaja with the Mermaid'.
The flight landed at the Copenhagen airport after more than a seven-hour journey last night. In Air India's trademark style, the inaugural flight was operated by an all-woman crew.
- Question 128: The GST Network has said it has reopened the facility for small taxpayers with turnover of upto ___ lakh rupees to opt for composition scheme ?
Explanation:The GST Network said it has reopened the facility for small taxpayers with turnover of upto 75 lakh rupees to opt for composition scheme.
Such small taxpayers will have time till September 30 to opt for the scheme, which offers easy compliance for business as returns are to be filed only quarterly.
- Question 129: In economy term CAD what is the meaning of D ?
Explanation:Current account deficit is a measurement of a country’s trade where the value of the goods and services it imports exceeds the value of the goods and services it exports.
The current account also includes net income, such as interest and dividends, as well as transfers, such as foreign aid, though these components make up only a small percentage of the current account when compared to exports and imports.
- Question 130: Name the Marshal of the Indian Air Force who died recently?
Explanation:Born on 15th of April, 1919,Marshal of Indian Air Force Arjan Singh was entrusted with the responsibility of leading the Force when he was only 44 years old. He was the Chief of the Air Force during Indo-Pak war in 1965.
When Pakistan launched Operation Grand Slam, targeting the vital town of Akhnur, Singh was asked how quickly the IAF will be ready for operations,he replied with his characteristic nonchalance,"...in an hour".
And true to his word, the Air Force struck the Pakistani offensive in an hour. Arjan Singh was awarded the Padma Vibhushan for his leadership in this war. During his tenure , Indian Air Force acquired modern fighters, reconnaissance aircraft, transport planes and tactical helicopters.
- Question 131: World Ozone Day is observed on...?
Explanation:30th anniversary of the Montreal Protocol and 23rd World Ozone Day is observed on September 17, with the theme - Caring for all life under the Sun.
- Question 132: ___ will host 36th National Games of India?
Explanation: The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) on Wednesday formally awarded to Goa the rights to host the 36th National Games.
- Question 133: The data collected by ___ is being used to create the first map of water trapped in the uppermost layer of the Moon soil?
Explanation: Scientists, using data from an instrument which flew aboard India's Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft, have created the first map of water trapped in the uppermost layer of the Moon's soil, which may prove useful to future lunar explorers.
- Question 134: Chakmas Hajongs refugees are settled in ....?
Explanation:The Centre will grant citizenship to all Chakma and Hajong refugees living in the Northeast but ensure that the rights of indigenous people are not diluted.
- Question 135: National Media Consultation on the Swachh Bharat Mission held at..?
Explanation: Over 100 journalists, development agencies and community workers attended a National Media Consultation on the Swachh Bharat Mission in the Capital.
- Question 136: India and ___ have signed Open Sky Agreement ?
Explanation: India and Japan today signed an agreement that will allow their airlines to operate the unlimited number of flights between the two countries.
- Question 137: Amazon has tied up with __ to offer Micro-Loans to sellers?
Explanation: Amazon has tied up with Bank of Baroda for the loans, which can go up to Rs. 25 lakh.
The Indian arm of the US e-commerce giant, Amazon plans to provide unsecured micro-loans, as low as 1 lakh, at interest rates as low as 10.45-11 percent at a short span of 3-5
- Question 138: Russia and ___ have restored Air Travel after 13 years? `
Explanation: Russia and Iraq restored scheduled commercial airline services for the first time since 2004. This move has been hailed as a sign of stability returning to the war-torn country.
- Question 139: Long Endangered ___ has been Upgraded to Vulnerable Status?
Explanation: The elusive snow leopards, long considered an endangered species, has been upgraded to 'vulnerable'. But experts warned the new classification does not mean they are safe.
- Question 140: An indigenous artillery gun, Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System (ATAGS) has set a new world record in range by hitting targets at a distance of ___ km?
Explanation:During trial firings at Pokhran ranges, ATAGS registered the longest ever distance of 48.074 km, surpassing the maximum range of 35-40 km fired by any artillery gun system in this category.
- Question 141: ___ is hosting First ever National Conference on Mission Mode to address Under-Nutrition ?
Explanation:The Ministry of Women and Child Development will hold the first ever National Conference in New Delhi on Sept. 19 on Mission Mode to address Under-Nutrition in the country.
- Question 142: __ has won Rajbhasha Kirti Award for 11th consecutive time?
Explanation:Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) has been awarded the - Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar - for the year 2016-17 in the category of B region for autonomous bodies and boards, for its excellent implementation of the Official Language.
- Question 143: Where is Havelock island ?
Explanation: The Andaman and Nicobar Islands have been experiencing heavy rains and resultant rough/very rough seas since 13 Sep 17. On 17 Sep, a message was received from Civil Administration that due to a defect in the hull, the return trip for tourists from Havelock by civil ferry MAKRUZZ had been cancelled.
- Question 144: Sardar Sarovar Dam is on...?
Explanation:Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Sardar Sarovar Dam - the world's second-biggest - on the river Narmada in Gujarat.
The 1.2-km-long dam, which is 163 meters deep, will irrigate over 18 lakh hectares in the state
- Question 145: Which state has launched Shaheed Gram Vikas Yojana?
Explanation:Jharkhand Government has launched the Shaheed Gram Vikas Yojana,
The scheme aims at developing villages of freedom fighters.
The scheme was launched from Ulihatu Village which is the birth place of freedom fighter and Jharkhand's tribal icon, Birsa Munda.
- Question 146: In term REITs, what is the meaning of T?
Explanation:REITs- Real estate investments trusts
- Question 147: First Pension Adalat for Central govt employees has been started in...?
Explanation:Union Minister for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurated the first Pension Adalat and a pension app for Central Government employees in New Delhi. The Adalat aims to quick resolve long-pending pension cases.
- Question 148: 2017 UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award winner is...?
Explanation:A teacher who takes in orphans of both Islamist fighters and Nigerian army soldiers has won this year's UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award.
- Question 149: ___ has launched Bandhan Tod App
Explanation:Gender Alliance Bihar has launched a mobile application to fight the rampant social evil of child marriage in the state.
- Question 150: ___ has Launched Postage Stamps on Indian Yoga Experts ?
Explanation:Japanese postal department has released postage stamps on four of Bengal’s famous personalities of Yoga
- Question 151: What is India rank in Sustainable Development Goals Index 2017?
Explanation: India ranks 128th in terms of meeting the United Nations’ (UN) health-related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030
- Question 152: HC has directed ___ to revisit policy on police protection to private persons?
Explanation: The Bombay High Court has directed the Maharashtra government to revisit its policy on providing police protection to private persons. A bench led by Chief Justice Manjula Chellur on Wednesday directed the state to streamline the process to ensure that only those who deserve police protection should be provided it.
- Question 153: Which Hurricane recently hit Puerto Rico ?
Explanation:Hurricane Maria, the devastating storm pushing north-west through the Caribbean, has landed in Puerto Rico today.
The US National Hurricane Center (NHC) said, it arrived in Yabucoa in the east of the US territory, producing winds of 250 kilometre per hour.
The hurricane is now around 32 kilometre west of San Juan, Puerto Rico's capital.
- Question 154: Name Brazil's First Female Attorney General ?
Explanation:Raquel Dodge will be first woman to hold the position of attorney general in Brazil. Raquel Dodge has replaced Rodrigo Janot.
- Question 155: Who is India;s New High Commissioner to Pakistan
Explanation: India’s ambassador to Pakistan Gautam Bambawale will now head the Indian mission in China, while envoy to Poland Ajay Bisaria will replace him in Islamabad.
- Question 156: ___ Appointed Uttarakhand Swachh Bharat Mission Brand Ambassador?
Explanation:Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat announced the appointment of actor Akshay Kumar as the brand ambassador of the Swachh Bharat Mission in the state.
- Question 157: ___ is hosting 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games ?
Explanation: India added one gold and two bronze medals to their kitty on the fifth day of the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games at Ashgabat in Turkmenistan.
- Question 158: First of six Scorpene-class submarines handed over to Navy, these submarines are made in...?
Explanation:The Kalvari class is a class of submarines based on the Scorpène-class submarine being built for the Indian Navy.
It is a class of diesel-electric attack submarine which is designed by French naval defence and energy company DCNS and being manufactured by Mazagon Dock Limited in Mumbai.
- Question 159: Shakila, who died recently, was a famous...?
Explanation:Bollywood actress Shakila, who was known for her work in films like - Aar Paar - and CID -, died at her residence in Mumbai after a heart attack last night. She was 82.
- Question 160: ___ will host its first - BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017 ?
Explanation: It will be conducted by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) as the lead agency from October 10-13.
- Question 161: Which of these has launched ElitePOS?
Explanation: HP Inc India has unveiled its innovative, all-in-one point-of-sale (POS) system HP ElitePOS.
- Question 162: First State To Set Up Family Welfare Committees is... ?
Explanation: Tripura has become the first state in India to set up family welfare district committees.
These committees will examine the complaints of women against their husbands and in-laws and find an amicable solution
- Question 163: What is the capital of Norway ?
Explanation: Norway's sovereign wealth fund, the largest in the world, reached the value of $1 trillion for the first time.
The fund mainly invests not only in stocks but also in bonds and real estate.
- Question 164: Name the new CMD of National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC)?
Explanation:The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved his appointment to the post till December 31, 2019.
- Question 165: VASTRA-2017 is ___ fair?
Explanation: The 6th edition of International Textile and Apparel Fair VASTRA-2017 has started in Jaipur, Rajasthan from September 21 where over 250 exhibitors from 13 states will showcase their products.
- Question 166: Lillian Ross was a famous...?
Explanation:Lillian Ross (99), a pioneer of literary journalism, has passed away in New York, United States. She was a staff writer at The New Yorker from 1945 until she retired.
- Question 167: Which Indian film has been chosen as India’s official entry in the Best Foreign Language Film category at Oscars 2018?
Explanation: Amit Masurkar’s acclaimed political satire Newton has been selected as India’s official submission for the Best Foreign Language Film category at the Oscars 2018.
Rajkummar Rao played a role of Newton Kumar, a presiding officer who is determined to hold a free and fair election in a Chhattisgarh village despite the threat of Naxalite violence and all-round cynicism
- Question 168: ___ has become the world’s first airline to launch double beds in business class?
Explanation:Qatar Airways has become the world’s first Airline to launch double beds in its brand new business class suite “Qsuite” from London to Doha in Qatar.
- Question 169: Jake LaMotta was related with...
Explanation: Jake LaMotta (95), the legendary American boxer, has passed away in Aventura, Florida. He was given the nickname - The Raging Bull - for his aggressive style in the ring, and was portrayed by Robert De Niro in the film Raging Bull.
- Question 170: Which state has launched a mobile app - People First - for citizens?
Explanation: The app will empower citizens with real-time governance.
It will keep the citizens updated with the latest schemes and services of the government and the users will also be able to use the app for registering their complaints
- Question 171: ___ hosted the National conference on Agriculture for Rabi campaign 2017?
Explanation: The National conference on Agriculture for Rabi Campaign 2017 was organised by Agriculture Ministry at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi on September 19, 2017.
- Question 172: Name the new interim chairman of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)?
Explanation:B Sambamurthy, the former Director and CEO of the Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT), has been appointed as new interim Chairman of the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- Question 173: Which of these has won UN Equator Prize 2017
Explanation: Swayam Shikshan Prayog (SSP) has won this year’s UN Equator Prize.
SSP is a Pune-based non-governmental organization working among women farmers.
- Question 174: Vaishnavi Jakka Reddy is related with...
Explanation:Indian shuttler Vaishnavi Reddy has clinched the women's singles Under-19 title at the Belgian Junior Open badminton tournament. She defeated top seed Vivien Sandorhazi in a three-game final at Herstal, Belgium.
Second seed Reddy saw off Vivien 21-19, 17-21, 21-12 in a 42-minute summit clash at the Hall Omnisport La Prealle.
- Question 175: Arun Sadhu, who died recently was a famous ___ writer and journalist?
Explanation:Sadhu, known for his work Mumbai Dinank, Kakasaheb Gadgil, Simhasan and many more novels in Hindi, English and Marathi, has also won the Sahitya Academy award.
He has written on rise of Shiv Sena, Vietnam War and Chinese revolution. He has also written several short stories.
As a journalist, he has won several awards including Bharatiya Bhasha Parishad, NC Kelkar and Acharya Atre award.
- Question 176: What is India rank in Human Development Index -2017
Explanation: Human Development Index -2017, India's rank is: 131 and Norway is at number one.
- Question 177: Who is India's new ambassador to China?
Explanation: The government of India has appointed Gautam Bambawale the ambassador to China and Ajay Bisaria will be the next high commissioner to Pakistan
- Question 178: ___ has become the second woman to be inducted into the Council of Ministers of Mizoram after a period of 30 years ?
Explanation: Chawngkunga is the president of the Mizoram Pradesh Youth Congress Committee
- Question 179: NITI Aayog and IRF ___ have Joined Hands For Intelligent Transportation Systems
Explanation: The deal aims to creat a national platform for the purpose of developing a National ITS Policy that will cover:
Electronic Enforcement of Traffic Rules and Regulations
Fleet Management and Monitoring
Innovation in the field of ITS
Education in the field of ITS
- Question 180: First Scorpene Submarine ___ has been Commissioned into Indian Navy?
Explanation: Kalvari, the first of the six Scorpene submarines was handed over to the Indian Navy by shipbuilder Mazgaon Dock Ltd.
The submarines, designed by French naval defence and energy company DCNS.
- Question 181: __ has Declared 2017 as e-Pragati Year ?
Explanation:Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu has announced 2017 as the year of e-Pragati.
The announcement was made on the 2nd day of Collectors' Conference.
CM has asked all districts to come under the purview of real-time governance.
- Question 182: ___ is hosting 57th National Open Athletics Championship?
Explanation: The 57th National Open Athletics Championships 2017 will begin at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Chennai.
Around 1200 athletes from various states and departments and public sector undertakings would be taking part in the four-day meet.
- Question 183: In term MAB, what is the meaning of B
Explanation:State Bank of India, SBI, has lowered the minimum average monthly balance, MAB, requirement in a savings account to 3,000 rupees from 5,000 rupees and also revised downwards penalties for non-adherence.
The bank said in a statement in Mumbai that the revised MAB requirement and charges will become applicable from next month.
- Question 184: Multi-Agency humanitarian assistance and disaster relief exercise Pralay Sahayam held .... ?
Explanation: A multi agency exercise was conducted on the banks of Hussain Sagar Lake as the final event of Pralay Sahayam in Hyderabad on Saturday.
The event demonstrated efforts of all central and state agencies, National Disaster Relief Force (NDRF) and Armed Forces towards jointly tackling an urban flooding scenario in Hyderabad.
- Question 185: Who will head the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) ?
Explanation:The five-member body, to be headed by Niti Aayog member Bibek Debroy, will advise the Prime Minister on issues of macro-economic importance.
Niti Aayog member Bibek Debroy has been picked as the chairman of the Council, which will also include Aayog’s principal advisor and former Finance Secretary Ratan Watal as its member-secretary.
- Question 186: Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana aims to complete works of household electrification by 31st of December ...?
Explanation:The total outlay of the project is Rs. 16, 320 crore while the Gross Budgetary Support (GBS) is Rs. 12,320 crore. The outlay for the rural households is Rs. 14,025 crore while the GBS is Rs. 10,587.50 crore.
- Question 187: Who is the winner of 2017 Von Hippel Award ?
Explanation: Eminent Scientist and Bharat Ratna Prof C.N.R. Rao was awarded 2017 Von Hippel Award, the highest international prize in materials research.
- Question 188: ___ Bank has launched its mobile banking app called BPay?
Explanation:In a bid to help develop the fintech ecosystem in India, Fino Payments Bank has launched its mobile banking app called BPay.
Fino, which started its banking operations in July with 410 branches and 25,000 access points, aims to make banking easy for millions of under banked people in India.
- Question 189: _ has decided to release 100 prisoners on Deendayal Upadhyay's birth centenary
Explanation:Uttar Pradesh government will release over 100 inmates from various jails of the state to mark the birth centenary of Deendayal Upadhyaya today.
A spokesperson of the home department said that as many as 80 inmates had completed their quantum of punishment but could not deposit the monetary fine and thus were still in jail.
- Question 190: Bajrang is related with...?
Explanation: In Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games, Indian wrestler Bajrang beat Daichi Takatani of Japan in the men's freestyle 65kg final to win the gold.
Indians added four medals including a gold on the ninth day of the games at Ashgabat in Turkmenistan.
- Question 191: ___ has decided to lower min balance to Rs 3,000 ?
Explanation: State Bank of India, SBI, has lowered the minimum average monthly balance, MAB, requirement in a savings account to 3,000 rupees from 5,000 rupees and also revised downwards penalties for non-adherence.
The bank also revised downwards the penalty for non-maintenance of MAB. Now, the charges at semi-urban and rural centres range from 20 to 40 rupees and at urban and metro centres from 30 to 50 rupees.
- Question 192: Ship __ to be Commissioned into Indian Navy today at Naval Dockyard in Mumbai ?
Explanation: The Ship 'TARASA' will be Commissioned into the Indian Navy , at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai.
An improved variant of the Car Nicobar-class high-speed offshore patrol vessels (OPVs), INS Tarasa is fitted out at the GRSE's Raja Bagan Dockyard. With a 315 tonne displacement, the ship is designed for a maximum speed of 35 knots, with an endurance of nearly 2,000 nautical miles at 12-14 knots
- Question 193: Who is the winner of 38th edition of the prestigious Sarala award ?
Explanation: Recognised Odia poet and short story writer Banaj Devi is all set to receive the 38th edition of the prestigious Sarala award for her short story compilation Kathapua.
- Question 194: ___ has launched vision-2025 Project ?
Explanation: The project aims at evolving a draft policy for development of the state in next seven years. Government would seek public opinion on how they want their dream state.
Based on those opinions a draft vision policy for the year 2025 will be prepared.
- Question 195: Where is Kandla Port?
Explanation: The Kandla Port has been renamed as Deendayal Port from 25th September 2017. Kandla is a seaport in Kutch District of Gujarat.
- Question 196: Recently, Incredible India Campaign has been launched in ...?
Explanation:A month-long Incredible India program in Cairo has been organised by the Embassy of India Cairo, in coordination with the India Tourism Office in Dubai, the Cairo Governorate, and the Cairo Public Transport Authority.
- Question 197: Name the 18 years old boy who has become the brand ambassador for Srinagar Municipal Corporation?
Explanation: Bilal Dar was 14 years old when he started earning his living by picking up waste from the Wular Lake in Bandipora district of north Kashmir in 2013.
- Question 198: Recently govt. has approved 221 rural roads projects, bridges for ....?
Explanation: Centre has approved 221 rural roads projects and bridges involving an expenditure of 782.24 crore rupees for Himachal under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana PMGSY.
The spokesman of Himachal Pradesh PWD department said in Shimla that as per the revised funding pattern for Himalayan States, the projects would be funded in the ratio of 90:10 by the central and state governments.
- Question 199: ___ has become the first IU registered by the IBBI?
Explanation:The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) today registered National E-Governance Services Limited (NeSL) as an Information Utility (IU) under the IBBI (Information Utilities) Regulations, 2017.
With this NeSL has become the first IU registered by the IBBI and the registration is valid for five years from the date of registration.
- Question 200: ADB lowers India growth outlook to __ for 2017-18?
Explanation:Asian Development Bank has downgraded India's growth projection to 7 per cent for the current fiscal while lowering its forecast for the next financial year as well.
ADB in its Asian Development Outlook 2017 update said, India's GDP growth is downgraded to 7 per cent in financial year 2017-18, a 0.4 percentage point drop from the April forecast. In financial year 2018-19, the forecast is adjusted down to 7.4 per cent, from 7.6 per cent.
- Question 201: ___ will host South Asian boxing Championship 2017?
Explanation: India will be hosting the South Asian boxing Championship for the first time in Guwahati from December 6 to 10.
Boxing Federation of India, BFI, after its executive committee meeting yesterday said, the country will also host the 'India International Open tournament' in New Delhi in the third week of January.
- Question 202: India and ___ have extended their bilateral cooperation in health sector?
Explanation:India and Norway have extended bilateral cooperation in health sector through the Norway-India Partnership Initiative for a period of three years starting 2018.
A letter of Intent was signed to this effect in New Delhi between the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Question 203: __ is hosting 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts?
Explanation:The 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games concluded at Ashgabat in Turkmenistan. On the concluding day Indians grabbed four medals, including a gold through tennis player Sumit Nagal, to end at 11th place.
- Question 204: Dipika Pallikal is related with...?
Explanation:India's world No. 21 Dipika Pallikal beat USA's Olivia Blatchford 13-11, 11-6, 11-9 to enter the women's semifinals of the San Francisco Open squash tournament. She has won two matches over seeded players after having beaten fourth-seed Emily Whitlock in round one.
- Question 205: P-notes investment hits over 7-year low of Rs 1.25 lakh crore. What is the meaning of P in it?
Explanation:Investments in the domestic capital market through participatory notes, P-notes, plunged to a seven-and-a-half year low of 1.25 lakh crore rupees at August-end this year.
This was because of stringent norms put in place by capital market regulator, SEBI.
- Question 206: In IBBI, what is the meaning of 1st B?
Explanation:The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) today registered National E-Governance Services Limited (NeSL) as an Information Utility (IU) under the IBBI (Information Utilities) Regulations, 2017.
- Question 207: Harika Dronavalli is related with...?
Explanation:Five-time world champion Viswanathan Anand notched up a win over German International Master Lubbe Nikolas but Harika Dronavalli played out a draw against Swedish Grand Master Nils Grandelius in the third round of the Isle of Man International Tournament.
- Question 208: Where is Kinyuka village?
Explanation:Lieutenant Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Prof. Jagdish Mukhi inaugurated an industry at Kinyuka village in Car Nicobar Island.
This is the first ever industry established by a tribal youth in Car Nicobar.
- Question 209: ADB has increased Annual Lending to India to ___ billion?
Explanation:The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has decided to increase its annual lending to India to maximum of $4 billion between 2018 and 2022 to help fasten inclusive economic transformation towards upper middle-income status.
- Question 210: Indian Railways is going to introduce 100 additional local train services on its ___ suburban network of Western Railway and Central Railway zones?
Explanation:Out of these 100 services, 32 new services will be introduced on Western Railway while 68 services will be introduced on Central Railway, giving major boost to suburban rail services in Mumbai area.