- Question 1: ___ has the largest population of the one-horned Rhinos?
Explanation: In Assam , the world heritage site Kaziranga national park reopens for visitors today. Kaziranga has the largest population of the one-horned Rhinos.
- Question 2: ___ is hosting National Hard Court Tennis Championship?
Explanation:National Hard Court Tennis Championship will be played in New Delhi.
- Question 3: on October 2, 2017 ___ has been declared as open defecation free?
Explanation: Port Blair declared as open defecation free Along with the rest of the country.
Gandhi Jayanti is also being celebrated in Andaman and Nicobar Islands today.
Lieutenant Governor Prof. Jagadish Mukhi was the chief guest at a main function held at Mohanpura in Port Blair.
- Question 4: Mettur dam is built across the river ___?
Explanation: The major Mettur dam in Tamil nadu has been opened for irrigation purposes in the state.
This follows as the dam has been filled up by water from the reservoirs in neighboring Karnataka state.
The Mettur Dam is one of the largest dams in India. Built in 1934, Ever since the Mettur dam across river Cauvery is called Stanley Dam Tamilnadu govt celebrated 75 years of Stanley Dam, where the Cauvery River enters the plains
- Question 5: H. M. Marathe who died recently was a famous ...?
Explanation: Writer and journalist H. M. Marathe passed away last night in Pune at the age of 77.
Last rites of Marathe were performed today at Vaikunth Smashanbhumi in Pune.
He was well-known journalist and worked with various regional periodicals like Lokprabha, Marmik, and Pudhari.
- Question 6: ___ has launched a drive against child marriage and dowry on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi's birth anniversary?
Explanation:Correct answer is: Bihar. Bihar government has launched a drive against child marriage and dowry on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi's birth anniversary.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will lead the pledge at Patna and all the government school's, health centres, panchayats, mahadalit tola, local police stations and government and non government offices will follow.
- Question 7: ___ has decided to observe Gandhi Jayanti as International Day of Non-Violence in the state?
Explanation:Haryana government has decided to observe Gandhi Jayanti as International Day of Non-Violence in the state.
Various programs involving youth participation are being organized across the state to mark the occasion.
- Question 8: Where is Benghazi port?
Explanation: In Libya, Benghazi port has reopened for the first time in three years after being forced to cease operations because of clashes.
The port situated in the eastern part of the country. Commercial operations at the port had ended in 2014 when armed movements, including the Islamic State terror group, occupied the North African country's second city.
In a bid to boost business at the facility, port officials announced a temporary customs exemption for all imports through Benghazi.
- Question 9: ___ is hosting eighth Conference of the Association of SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians (ASSP) ?
Explanation:The 8th Conference of ASSP will bring together Speakers and Parliamentarians from the member countries of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC).
- Question 10: Sukanya Samriddhi Account can be opened up to age of ___ years only from the date of birth?
Explanation:Ahead of monetary policy review, the government has kept unchanged the interest rates on small savings schemes like PPF, Kisan Vikas Patra and Sukanya Samriddhi for October-December quarter.
The one for girl child savings, Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme will offer 8.3 percent annually.
- Question 11: What is the capital of Ethiopia?
Explanation: President Ram Nath Kovind will embark on a four-day visit to Djibouti and Ethiopia. This is his first overseas visit after assuming the office. In the first leg of visit, he will reach Djibouti.
- Question 12: As per ___ India's GDP will be $6 trillion by 2027 on digital leap?
Explanation: India is likely to be the world's fastest-growing large economy in the next 10 years, driven by digitization, favorable demographics, globalization and reforms, predicts a Morgan Stanley report.
According to the global financial services major, the trend line in India's annual GDP growth has been accelerating to 6.9 percent in the 2000s, from 5.8 percent in the 1990s, and this momentum is likely to continue in the next decade as well.
- Question 13: Name the Indian entrepreneur who has won the prestigious International Business Person of the Year award in London for innovative IT solutions?
Explanation:Sasmal is CEO of Subah Group, which employs around 350 people with offices in Guinea, Sierra Leone, New York City and Dubai.
- Question 14: World Habitat Day is observed on...?
Explanation: The United Nations has designated the first Monday of October of every year as World Habitat Day.
The theme for World Habitat Day 2 October 2017 is Housing Policies: Affordable Homes.
- Question 15: ___ is hosting the Global Wildlife Programme (GWP) conference-2017?
Explanation:India is hosting the programme jointly with World Bank (WB) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to address illegal wildlife trade across 19 Asian and African countries.
- Question 16: Which committee has drafted the 3rd National Wildlife Action Plan (NWAP) for 2017-2031?
Explanation: The 3rd National Wildlife Action Plan (NWAP) for 2017-2031 has recently unveiled by Dr. Harsh Vardhan , the Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change(MoEFCC), at the 2017 Global Wildlife Programme (GWP) conference in New Delhi.
- Question 17: Who is the winner of the Nobel Prize in Medicine 2017?
Explanation:The trio has discovered that how plants, animals and humans adapt their biological rhythm so that it is synchronised with the Earth revolutions.
- Question 18: ___ committee has been formed that will examine how Other Backward Castes can be sub-categorised to ensure a more equitable distribution of reservation.
Explanation: The panel will be headed by G Rohini, who retired earlier this year as the first woman chief justice of the Delhi high court. The commission will submit its report on the politically sensitive issue in three months.
- Question 19: ___ is hosting the sixth edition of the World Government Summit?
Explanation: India will be the guest of honour during the sixth edition of the World Government Summit scheduled from February 11th - 13th, 2018 in Dubai.
The World Government Summit has said that the hosting of India comes as part of its endeavor to strengthen its partnerships with countries with pioneering and distinctive experiences in strategic areas that serve communities.
- Question 20: Where is Paradip Port?
Explanation:The first US crude oil cargo of 1(point)6 million barrels bought by Indian Oil Corporation from the US reached Paradip Port.
Indian Oil will process the crude at its East-Coast base refineries, located at Paradip, Haldia, Barauni and Bongaigaon.
- Question 21: Who is the new governor of Bihar ?
Explanation: Satya Pal Malik sworn-in as the new governor of Bihar today. The Chief Justice of Patna High Court Rajendra Menon administered the oath to Mr.Malik at a simple function at Rajbhavan in Patna.
- Question 22: Which state has launched Mathru Poorna scheme ?
Explanation:The Karnataka government launched the Rs. 302-crore Mathru Poorna scheme, aimed at providing free mid-day meals to pregnant and lactating women in rural areas.
- Question 23: Name the new deputy director general at WHO?
Explanation:The World Health Organization (WHO) appointed Soumya Swaminathan one of two Deputy Directors General. This is the first time such a post has been ever created within the organisation.
The position is also the highest post held by an Indian in the WHO.
- Question 24: In term PMIS, what is the meaning of I?
Explanation:The Chairman of National Highways Authority of India Shri Deepak Kumar launched a world-class, new multilingual website of the organization.
A Project Monitoring Information System (PMIS) Moblie App that will facilitate close, in-house monitoring of NHAI projects on a mobile phone has also been launched.
- Question 25: 1st Khelo India National College Games will be held in..?
Explanation:For the first time the Khelo India National School Games in December 2017 and Khelo India National College Games in January 2018.
Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore has announced the launch of National School and College Games to tap talent from every nook and corner of the country.
- Question 26: Recently, Reserve Bank of India has lowered India's growth forecast to __ per cent for the current fiscal?
Explanation:Reserve Bank HAS kept interest rate unchanged as was widely expected in view of upward trend in inflation even as it cut the growth forecast to 6.7 per cent for the current fiscal.
Consequently, the repo rate, at which it lends to banks, will stand at 6 per cent. The reverse repo, at which RBI borrows from banks will continue to be at 5.75 per cent, it said at the fourth bi-monthly policy review.
- Question 27: As per IEA India's renewable energy capacity will be double by....?
Explanation:India's renewable energy capacity will more than double by 2022, which would be enough to surpass renewable expansion in the European Union for the first time, International Energy Agency (IEA) said in a report.
- Question 28: Who is the new chairman of SBI ?
Explanation: Managing Director of State Bank of India (SBI), Rajnish Kumar has been appointed as the next chairman of the largest public sector bank.
He will succeed Arundhati Bhattacharya, who is at present serving her one-year extension.
- Question 29: In Rajasthan, ___ has become the first open defecation free tribe district of the state?
Explanation: In Rajasthan, Dungarpur has become the first open defecation free tribe district of the state. District administration has achieved the goal of building 2 lakh 85 thousand toilets in 291 panchayats.
Having more than 65 percent tribal population, objecive of making the district ODF has been acquired before the timelimit by the District Administration with continues awareness campaign and public participation.
Dungarpur, has also become the first ODF district of Udaipur division. Dungarpur city has also been declared the cleanest city of the state for two consecutive years for the year 2016 and 2017.
- Question 30: India/s first ITI for Divyangans will be opened in ...?
Explanation:Foundation stone for the first ever Industrial Training Institute for the Divyangans exclusively was laid at Dibrugarh ITI Complex at Borboruah, Dibrugarh by Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal.
- Question 31: ___ has launched the world’s largest nuclear-powered icebreaker ship called Sibir?
- Question 32: - No helmet, no petrol - rule for two-wheeler riders has been launched in ... ?
Explanation:Andhra Pradesh government has decided to implement - No helmet, No petrol - rule in the state with immediate effect. Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu gave green to officials directing them that the rule must be implemented in all petrol bunks across the state.
- Question 33: The first ever ASEAN-India Music Festival will be held in... ?
Explanation:The first ever ASEAN-India Music Festival will be held at Purana Quila in New Delhi.
The 3 day festival is being organised by External Affairs Ministry in collaboration with Culture Ministry to celebrate the 25th year anniversary of ASEAN-India Dialogue Relations.
- Question 34: India and ___ have signed agreements on trade, communication, and media to boost bilateral ties?
Explanation:India and Ethiopia have signed agreements on trade, communication and media to boost bilateral ties.
The agreements were signed after wide ranging talks between President Ram Nath Kovind and his Ethiopian counterpart Mulatu Teshome at Addis Ababa in Ethiopia.
The two leaders discussed economic relations between the two countries and also support to Ethiopia in the power healthcare, and education sectors.
- Question 35: ___ has launched ‘Neo’ a servicing bot for Twitter?
Explanation: The HDFC Life Insurance Company has launched - Neo - that uses artificial intelligence for customer service. This is the second bot put in operation by HDFC Life, after the launch of SPOK, which was an email bot to answer customer queries.
- Question 36: Who is the Minister of Food Processing Industries of India?
Explanation: The food processing sector will attract investments worth at least USD 10 billion in the coming two to three years, riding on reforms initiated by the government, Union minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal said.
- Question 37: World Space Week is observed ...?
Explanation:The 2017 theme - Exploring New Worlds In Space - is an outward facing theme that serves to inspire the world.
- Question 38: World Teachers Day is observed on..?
Explanation:The World Teachers’ Day (WTD) is observed every year on October 5 to 1994 to commemorate the anniversary of the signing of the 1966 UNESCO/ILO Recommendation concerning the Status of Teachers.
- Question 39: Pando is tribe from...?
Explanation:A team of National Commission for Scheduled Tribes is on a two day visit to Chhattisgarh to investigate deaths of large number of people belonging to a primitive tribe.
Nearly 29 deaths of people belonging to 'Pando' tribe, have been reported in two months' duration due to illnesses in Surajpur district in North Chhattisgarh.
- Question 40: The Indian Air Force was officially established on 08th October ...?
Explanation:The Indian Air Force (IAF) is celebrating its 85th anniversary on 08th October 2017.
- Question 41: Territorial Army Day is celebrated on...?
Explanation: Territorial Army is celebrating it's 68th Raising Day on October 9.
The modern Territorial Army was inaugurated by the first Indian Governor-General of India, C. Rajagopalachari, on 9 October 1949 after the Independence Territorial Army Act was passed in 1948.
- Question 42: Anupama Ramachandran is related with..?
Explanation: India's Anupama Ramachandran has clinched the World Open Under-16 Snooker Championship title at St. Petersburg in Russia.
In the girls category, second seed Anupama knocked out her compatriot and top seed Keerthana Pandian 3-1 to become World Open Under-16 champion.
- Question 43: Samiya Imad Farooqui is related with...?
Explanation: Indian shuttler Samiya Imad Farooqui clinched the gold medal at the Under-15 women's singles competition after defeating Indonesia's Widjaja Stephani at the Asian Junior Championship in Yangon, Myanmar.
- Question 44: RBI will soon launch financial literacy drive in ___ states ?
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is to launch a financial literacy drive in 80 blocks in nine states on pilot basis to educate people on e-transactions, formal sector borrowings and insurance purchases.
The pilot project, according to RBI will be commissioned in the 9 states of Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Odisha, Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh by the 6 NGOs in collaboration with the sponsor banks.
- Question 45: How much money has been earmarked for Mata Amritanandamayi Math Project Jeevamritham ?
Explanation:President Ram Nath Kovind has launched 100 crore rupees Mata Amritanandamayi Math Project - Jeevamritham to provide the filtration system for cleaning drinking water to 5000 villages across India, in Kollam district in Kerala.
- Question 46: Which Haj Committee __ has recommended abolishing of subsidy for Haj pilgrims?
Explanation:The government was appointed Committee on Haj Policy has recommended phasing out of subsidy for Haj pilgrims and allowing women devotees above 45 years of age to travel in a group of at least four without a male.
The Panel under the Chairmanship of former Secretary Afzal Amanullah to review the existing Haj Policy and to suggest a framework for new Haj policy 2018-22.
- Question 47: ___ is hosting the first-ever conference of Partner NGOs?
Explanation:The subject of the conference is “Implementation of Policies, Schemes and Programmes for Women and Children: Challenges and Way Forward.
- Question 48: Who is the first person from India to win Anna Politkovskaya Award?
Explanation: Kannada journalist Gauri Lankesh, who was shot dead in Bengaluru on September 5, 2017, has been awarded a prestigious global Anna Politkovskaya Award, which is given in the memory of a slain Russian reporter and political activist.
With this, she became the first person from India to receive the honour.
- Question 49: Who is the head of newly constituted Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) ?
Explanation:The newly constituted Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) will hold its first meeting at NITI Aayog in New Delhi.
The five member committee comprising reputed economists and experts was constituted by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 26th of last month to halt the downhill movement of the Indian economy.
- Question 50: ___ has launched Sankalp Seva bus service of 50 buses to connect as many as 6,000 villages?
Explanation:Uttar Pradesh government has launched Sankalp Seva bus service of 50 buses to connect as many as 6,000 villages. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath flagged off the buses in function at Lucknow.
On this occasion he announced to construct - Gaurav Marg Path - to honour the sacrifices of the martyrs. He said there will be statues of the martyrs at all these roads.
- Question 51: ___ is hosting men's Asia Cup hockey tournament 2017?
Explanation:A confident India has scored a comprehensive victory over Japan in the men's Asia Cup hockey tournament that began in Dhaka.
It was also a winning debut for Sjoerd Marijne as National Coach.
India thrashed Japan by five goals to one in a Group A match. Sunil, Ramandeep Singh, Lalit and Harmanpreet (two goals) were the scorers for India.
- Question 52: Anti-dumping duty imposed on imports of steel wire rods from .... ?
Explanation:The Centre has imposed anti-dumping duty on imports of certain steel wire rods from China for five years, with a view to guard the interest of domestic players from cheap in-bound shipments.
The duty was imposed after the Commerce Ministry's Directorate General of Anti-Dumping and Allied Duties (DGAD) recommended duty on such imports.
- Question 53: IMF has trimmed India growth forecast for current financial year to ___ %?
Explanation:IMF has trimmed India’s growth forecast for Financial Year 2017-18 but expects a revival as structural reform bears fruit.
In its latest World Economic Outlook released yesterday, the IMF lowered India’s growth forecast for 2017 to 6.7% from its earlier estimate of 7.2 per cent. It cited lingering impact of demonetisation and transition cost to the Goods & Services Tax (GST) For the slowdown.
- Question 54: ___ committee will probe the delay in tender process for new Elphinstone bridge?
Explanation: Railway Ministry has constituted a high level expert committee to inquire into the reasons for delay in the tender process for new Elphinstone Road station foot over bridge, FOB. The committee will be headed by former CVC Pratyush Sinha
- Question 55: Who is the new chairman of Film and Television Institute of India?
Explanation:Veteran actor Anupam Kher has been appointed as the new chairman of Film and Television Institute of India, Pune. He will replace Gajendra Chauhan.
- Question 56: Where is Elphinstone bridge?
- Question 57: Hirakud Dam is built across the ___ River?
Explanation:The Centre has told the Supreme Court that it will take a decision next month on issuing a notification with regard to the ongoing dispute between Odisha and Chhattisgarh over Mahanadi river.
- Question 58: Shinmoe, volcano is located in...?
Explanation:The alert level for Shinmoe, a volcano in Japan's southwestern Kyushu region, has been raised to 3 on a scale 5 after a small-scale eruption.
- Question 59: ___ is hosting the 48th Conference of Governors?
Explanation:The two-day Conference will deliberate on distinct agenda items in different sessions. The theme of the opening session was - New India-2022.
The second session is on the subjects of - Higher Education in States - and - Skill Development and Entrepreneurship to Make Youth Employable.
- Question 60: India is signing a pact with __ for setting up flexible LNG market?
Explanation:This MoC is expected to be signed during the forthcoming visit of Minister for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship during October 16-18, 2017 at Tokyo.
- Question 61: In the newly-constituted EAC-PM, what is the meaning of C?
Explanation:EAC-PM: Economic Advisory Council to Prime Minister
- Question 62: Who will head the 2nd National Judicial Pay Commission (NJPC) to look into pay hike issue of lower court judges?
Explanation:The Union Law Ministry has finalized the appointment of a Second National Judicial Pay Commission to recommend salary hikes for the 21,000 lower court judges in India.
- Question 63: Gurbax Singh Sandhu, who has been honoured with the 2017 National Awards for senior citizens, is associated with ?
Explanation:Indian boxing coach Gurbax Singh Sandhu has been honoured with the 2017 National Awards for senior citizens by President Ramnath Kovind. Sandhu was India’s longest-serving men’s national coach, occupying the position for two decades before he was handed charge of the women campers earlier in 2017.
- Question 64: ___ committee on External Affairs has been formed to examine India-China relations?
Explanation:The committee will examine in detail the issue of cooperation between both the countries in international organizations including Doklam standoff.
The standing committee has also decided to closely look at India’s “Relations with Myanmar and the Rohingya situation”, India’s “Act East Policy, including BIMSTEC”, the “Situation in the Far East: Japan and North Korea”, India’s engagement with SAARC countries, global terrorism and voting rights for NRIs.
- Question 65: Name the Chief Justice of India?
Explanation:Chief Justice of India Justice Dipak Misra has said that sincerity inheres mutual respect and protection and it is the barometer of Human Rights.
Addressing the 24th foundation day of National Human Rights Commission in New Delhi today, Justice Misra stressed the need for spreading awareness of human rights.
- Question 66: Jemson Ningthoujam is associated with ...?
Explanation:The mixed pair of Jemson Ningthoujam and Ankita Bhakat clinched gold at the 2017 World Archery Youth Championship in Rosario, Argentina.This is India’s first world title at the youth championships since Deepika Kumari’s victories in 2009 and 2011. India also bagged one silver and one bronze in a promising show by the youngsters.
- Question 67: The Andhra Pradesh government has tied up with ___ for Vizag Digital Dhan Sankalp (VDDS) project?
Explanation:The Andhra Pradesh government has tied up with financial services company Visa for Vizag Digital Dhan Sankalp (VDDS) project, which is an initiative to develop Visakhapatnam into India’s first less cash city as well as a Fintech valley.
- Question 68: Which state government has recently implemented the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS)?
Explanation:The scheme will provide top up coverage of Rs. 30,000 per senior citizen to all existing Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna (RSBY) smart card holders in addition to basic coverage of Rs.30,000 in Trust/Society mode.
- Question 69: The joint training exercise - Mitra Shakti 2017 - has started between India and ...?
Explanation:The 5th India-Sri Lanka joint training exercise - Mitra Shakti 2017 - has started at Aundh Military Station in Pune, Maharshtra.
The exercise is based on Counter Terrorist Operations (CTO) and an Infantry company from both the countries is participating in the same.
- Question 70: Aleena Reji is associated with...?
Explanation:Indian duo Deborah Herold and Aleena Reji have qualified for the 2017 UCI Track Cycling World Cup, which is scheduled to be held at Manchester in England from November 10 to 12.
- Question 71: What is the India’s rank in the 2017 Global Hunger Index (GHI)?
Explanation:India has been ranked 100th out of 119 countries in the 2017 Global Hunger Index (GHI) report, which is released by Washington-based International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
The list is topped by Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Chile, Croatia and Cuba. The GHI score is a multidimensional index composed of four indicators—proportion of undernourished in the population, prevalence of child mortality, child stunting, and child wasting.
- Question 72: The world's largest combustion research centre was inaugurated at the Indian Institute of Technology ...?
Explanation:The world's largest combustion research centre was inaugurated at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras in Tamil Nadu . A release by the IIT Madras said that the National Centre for Combustion Research and Development (NCCRD) was inaugurated by NITI Aayog member VK Saraswat in the presence of Prof Ashutosh Sharma, Secretary, Department of Science and Technology.
- Question 73: Who has become the first Indian Brand Ambassador of Laureus?
Explanation:Indian Cricketer Yuvraj Singh has become the first Indian Brand Ambassador of Laureus and joined a host of cricket legends in the Laureus Family, including Indian Academy members Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and Kapil Dev.
- Question 74: _ is hosting the 17th edition of the AFC Asian Cup – 2019?
Explanation:The 2019 AFC Asian Cup football tournament will be hosted by United Arab Emirates (UAE).
It is the quadrennial international men’s football championship of Asia organized by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC). It is the 17th edition of the AFC Asian Cup.
- Question 75: Who has become the 1st cricketer from Bangladesh to be inducted in MCC World Cricket Committee?
Explanation:All-rounder Shakib Al Hasan has become the first cricketer from Bangladesh to be inducted in the MCC World Cricket Committee under the chairmanship of Mike Gatting.
- Question 76: Which city is hosting the 3rd edition of the India International Science Festival (IISF-2017)?
Explanation:The 3rd edition of the India International Science Festival (IISF-2017) has inaugurated by Union Science & Technology and Earth Sciences Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan in Chennai, Tamil Nadu on October 13, 2017.
- Question 77: Winner of 2017 Mathrubhumi Literary award is...?
Explanation:M K Sanu, the well-known critic, biographer and orator, has been chosen for the Mathrubhumi Literary Award for 2017 in recognition of his rich contribution to the Malayalam literature.
- Question 78: International Day for Disaster Reduction is observed on...?
Explanation:The International Day for Disaster Reduction (IDDR) is observed every year on October 13 to promote a global culture of risk-awareness and disaster reduction.
- Question 79: Name the new Director-General (DG) of UNESCO?
Explanation:Audrey Azoulay, a French civil servant and politician, has been elected to become the new Director-General (DG) of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Question 80: Winner of Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration for 2015 -16?
Explanation:Carnatic vocalist T M Krishna has won the Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration for 2015 -16 for his services in promoting and preserving national integration in the country.
- Question 81: The world’s largest combustion research centre has inaugurated in which IIT institute?
Explanation:The National Centre for Combustion Research and Development (NCCRD) was inaugurated at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) in Tamil Nadu on October 12, 2017, which is the world’s largest combustion research centre.
- Question 82: Who has been appointed as the India’s new ambassador to China?
Explanation:Gautam Bambawale, an Indian foreign service officer of the 1984 batch, has been appointed as the India’s new ambassador to China and is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
- Question 83: ___ is hosting International Puppet Festival (IPF-2017)?
Explanation:The 2017 International Puppet Festival (IPF) will be held at Mohorkunj in Kolkata, West Bengal from October 26 to 31.
- Question 84: ___ has launched an innovative mobile health App “MedWatch”?
Explanation:The Indian Air Force (IAF) has launched an innovative mobile health App ‘MedWatch’ TO Provide authentic health information to all IAF personnel at New Delhi on 11 Oct 17. The app has been developed in-house with zero financial outlay by the Directorate of Information Technology (DIT).
- Question 85: The first Indian Oil Marketing Company (OMC) to launch lubricants in Myanmar is...?
Explanation:The Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL), the public sector undertaking , has become the first Oil Marketing Company (OMC) from India that has started marketing lubricants in Myanmar and has chosen commercial hubs of Yangon and Mandalay.
- Question 86: The world’s first negative emissions plant that turns CO2 into stone has opened in which country?
Explanation:The world’s first negative emissions plant that turns carbon dioxide (CO2) into stone has begun operations in Hellisheidi, Iceland.
- Question 87: Rolpa is a place in..
- Question 88: The 2017 International Day of Rural Women is observed on...?
Explanation:The International Day of Rural Women is observed every year on October 15 to recognize the crucial role that women and girls play in ensuring the sustainability of rural households and communities, improving rural livelihoods and overall wellbeing.
- Question 89: Which Indian sportswoman has won triple gold at Egypt Junior and Cadet Open Table Tennis Championship 2017?
Explanation:Young Indian paddler Selena Selvakumar has won triple gold medal at the Egypt Junior and Cadet Open Table Tennis Championship 2017. In the junior girls’ team event, she won singles and doubles gold medal apart from the team championship gold. Selvakumar remained unbeaten throughout the 2017 ITTF World Junior Circuit event.
- Question 90: What is the theme of the 2017 World Food Day (WFD)?
Explanation:The World Food Day (WFD) is observed every year on October 16 to raise worldwide awareness and action for those who suffer from hunger and for the need to ensure food security and nutritious diets for all. The day also marks the foundation of Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) in 1945. The global message for WFD 2017 is “Change the future of migration. Invest in food security and rural development”.
- Question 91: Jackson Singh Thounaojam is associated with which sports?
Explanation:Jackson Singh Thounaojam from Manipur is in news recently because he created history at New Delhi’s Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium by scoring India’s first-ever goal in a FIFA U-17 World Cup during India’s match against Colombia on October 9, 2017. The moment for which the entire country was waiting with baited breath, came in the 82nd minute of the match when Jackson headed home from a corner and the 48000 odd-crowd erupted in sheer joy.
- Question 92: Satish Chandra, who passed away recently, was the veteran personality of which field?
Explanation:Prof. Satish Chandra, the veteran historian of medieval India and noted educational administrator, has passed away on October 13, 2017. He was the author of the NCERT’s medieval India textbook ‘History of Medieval India’ that was in circulation from some time in the 1970s till the early 2000s and was considered the most comprehensive textbook of the era, loaded with information. His information-rich work on medieval India was known to uphold India’s composite culture and showed the medieval state as broadly secular in orientation. He was also the chairman and vice chairman of the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India during 1970s.
- Question 93: Which state assembly has become the first in India to call motions online?
Explanation:The Rajasthan assembly has become the first in India to call attention and adjournment motions and proposals online from legislators to send them to the state government. The new system is expected to save time, labour and use of paper in the functioning of the assembly, and also help legislators in bringing attention to urgent public issues. It will also streamline the exchange of information and reports among respective departments.
- Question 94: Which union ministry will organize International mega food summit “World Food India 2017”?
Explanation:The International mega food summit “World Food India (WFI) 2017” will be organised by the Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) in partnership with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in New Delhi on November 3-5, 2017 to boost food sector. The WFI is a gateway to the Indian food economy and an opportunity to showcase, connect, and collaborate. will be the largest gathering of investors, manufacturers, producers, food processors, policy makers, and organizations from the global food ecosystem. It aims to provides opportunities for both investment and trade in the food processing sector for leading Indian and international companies.
- Question 95: The Shahid Chandra Shekhar Azad Bird Sanctuary (SCSABS) is located in which state?
Explanation:The Shahid Chandra Shekhar Azad Bird Sanctuary (SCSABS) is located in Unnao district on the Kanpur-Lucknow highway in Uttar Pradesh. It is also known as Nawabganj Bird Sanctuary. The sanctuary provides protection for 250 species of migratory birds such as greylag goose, pintail, cotton teal, red-crested pochard, gadwall, shoveller, coot and mallard. It also houses a deer park, watchtowers and boats.
- Question 96: Which country is hosting the 6th annual LNG Producers Consumer Conference – 2017?
Explanation:The 6th annual LNG Producers Consumer Conference will be held in Tokyo, Japan from Oct 16-18, 2017. From India, Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan will participate in the conference to enhance the bilateral engagements in the Oil and Gas sectors within the overall framework of India-Japan Energy Dialogue. The visit also aims to enhance cooperation in establishing a transparent, efficient, truly global and balanced Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) market. The conference is a global annual dialogue to promote active dialogue among LNG producers, consumers and other stakeholders with a view to deepening shared understandings of market trends and to develop a global LNG market. Energy Ministers from Qatar, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Japan and other leading hydrocarbon experts will participate in the Conference.
- Question 97: Who has won the 2017 Shanghai Masters tennis tournament?
Explanation:Roger Federer, a Swiss professional tennis player, has won the 2017 Shanghai Rolex Masters tennis tournament by defeating his old rival Rafael Nadal in straight sets 6-4, 6-3 at Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena in Shanghai, China. It was a 94th title for the Swiss legend, drawing him level with the great Ivan Lendl. Federer is now close to world number one Nadal in terms of rankings points.
- Question 98: Which football team has won the 37th All India Governor’s Gold Cup football tournament-2017?
Explanation:Mohun Bagan has won the 37th All India Governor’s Gold Cup football tournament-2017 for the 10th time by defeating Partha Chakra by a narrow 1-0 margin in the final match played at Paljor Stadium in Gangtok on October 15, 2017. Mohun Bagan’s striker GA Kramah scored the lone goal in the seventh minute to win the match.
- Question 99: ___ has decided to impose entertainment tax on DTH, local cable connections ?
Explanation:Punjab government has decided to levy an entertainment tax by urban and rural local bodies on DTH and local cable connections in the state.
These local bodies will be eligible to impose and collect a nominal entertainment tax of 5 rupees per DTH connection and 2 rupees per local cable connection per month with the enactment of 'The Punjab Entertainments & Amusements Taxes (Levy & Collection by Local Bodies) Bill 2017.
- Question 100: __ an indigenously-built anti-submarine warfare stealth corvette has been commissioned in the Indian Navy?
Explanation:Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has commissioned an indigenously-built anti-submarine warfare stealth corvette INS Kiltan into the Indian Navy at the Naval Dockyard in Visakhapatnam.
Kiltan is the latest indigenous warship after Shivalik class, Kolkata class and sister ships.
- Question 101: Who is the writer of the book - The Coalition Years: 1996-2012?
Explanation:Former President Pranab Mukherjee has released the third part of his memoir - The Coalition Years: 1996-2012 - speaking candidly about believing he could have been the Congress choice for the Prime Minister’s post.
- Question 102: GoM on Composition Scheme held its first meeting in ....?
Explanation:Within a week of being set up, the group of ministers (GoM) on making the GST composition scheme more attractive held its first meeting in New Delhi.
The 5-member GoM, led by Assam Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, has also been tasked to revisit Goods and Services Tax (GST) rates for restaurants.
- Question 103: World Food Day is observed on...?
Explanation: FAO celebrates World Food Day each year on 16 October to commemorate the founding of the Organization in 1945. Events are organized in over 150 countries across the world, making it one of the most celebrated days of the UN calendar.
- Question 104: Who is the winner of American Bazaar Philanthropy award 2017?
Explanation: Noted Indian-American attorney Ajay Raju has been honoured with the third American Bazaar Philanthropy award in recognition of his philanthropic activities in the US.
Asif Ismail, publisher of The American Bazaar, an online ethnic news publication about Indian-Americans said Raju was honoured for his commitment to revive Philadelphia through the Germination Project.
- Question 105: __ has announced to provide virtual visits to all planets, Moon?
Explanation: Google has announced that one can now virtually visit all planets and moons in our solar system using Google Maps.
It will now enable a visit to Saturn's natural satellites as well as Jupiter's.
According to google official, Google has also added to its lineup imagery of Pluto, Venus and several moons as well as made it easier to find them in Maps.
- Question 106: The AYUSH Festival of Stamps 2017 has been inaugurated at ... ?
Explanation: The AYUSH Festival of Stamps 2017 was inaugurated at Maquinez Palace, Panaji today.
The two-day exhibition event, which is being jointly organised by the Goa Postal Region, Indian postal department and the ministry of AYUSH, was inaugurated by Rajya Sabha MP Vinay Tendulkar.
- Question 107: ___ govt likely to stop grants to 2,632 madrassas?
Explanation: In Uttar Pradesh, 2,632 madarsa will likely not be able to get government's grants and help in coming months as they failed to upload their details by the last date to the website initiated by the government for the purpose.
Earlier in the last month, Yogi Adityanath government had stopped all government help to 46 madarsa as their buildings and other things were not found as per norms.
- Question 108: Union Bank of India has launched an Android app .....?
Explanation:Union Bank of India has launched an Android app, Union Sahyog, as part of its drive to digitise customer-facing banking services. The Union Sahyog app is bilingual — offering both English and Hindi language.
- Question 109: Who won triple gold at Egypt Junior and Cadet Open Table Tennis Championship 2017?
Explanation:Young Indian paddler Selena Selvakumar has won triple gold medal at the Egypt Junior and Cadet Open Table Tennis Championship 2017. In the junior girls’ team event, she won singles and doubles gold medal apart from the team championship gold. Selvakumar remained unbeaten throughout the 2017 ITTF World Junior Circuit event.
- Question 110: What is the theme of the 2017 World Food Day (WFD)?
Explanation:The World Food Day (WFD) is observed every year on October 16 to raise worldwide awareness and action for those who suffer from hunger and for the need to ensure food security and nutritious diets for all.
- Question 111: Jackson Singh Thounaojam is associated with ___?
Explanation:Jackson Singh Thounaojam from Manipur is in news recently because he created history at New Delhi’s Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium by scoring India’s first-ever goal in a FIFA U-17 World Cup during India’s match against Colombia on October 9, 2017.
- Question 112: Satish Chandra, who passed away recently, was the veteran personality of which field?
Explanation:Prof. Satish Chandra, the veteran historian of medieval India and noted educational administrator, has passed away on October 13, 2017. He was the author of the NCERT’s medieval India textbook ‘History of Medieval India’ that was in circulation from some time in the 1970s till the early 2000s and was considered the most comprehensive textbook of the era, loaded with information.
His information-rich work on medieval India was known to uphold India’s composite culture and showed the medieval state as broadly secular in orientation. He was also the chairman and vice chairman of the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India during 1970s.
- Question 113: Which state assembly has become the first in India to call motions online?
Explanation:The new system is expected to save time, labour and use of paper in the functioning of the assembly, and also help legislators in bringing attention to urgent public issues. It will also streamline the exchange of information and reports among respective departments.
- Question 114: World Food India 2017 summit will be organized by... ?
Explanation:The International mega food summit - World Food India (WFI) 2017 - will be organised by the Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) in partnership with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in New Delhi on November 3-5, 2017 to boost food sector.
- Question 115: International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed on ...?
Explanation:The United Nations’ (UN) International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed on October 17 each year since 1993.
- Question 116: Which country is hosting the 6th annual LNG Producers Consumer Conference – 2017?
Explanation:The conference is a global annual dialogue to promote active dialogue among LNG producers, consumers and other stakeholders with a view to deepening shared understandings of market trends and to develop a global LNG market. Energy Ministers from Qatar, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Japan and other leading hydrocarbon experts will participate in the Conference.
- Question 117: Who has won the 2017 Shanghai Masters tennis tournament?
Explanation:Roger Federer, a Swiss professional tennis player, has won the 2017 Shanghai Rolex Masters tennis tournament by defeating his old rival Rafael Nadal in straight sets 6-4, 6-3 at Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena in Shanghai, China.
- Question 118: Which football team has won the 37th All India Governor’s Gold Cup football tournament-2017?
Explanation:Mohun Bagan has won the 37th All India Governor’s Gold Cup football tournament-2017 for the 10th time by defeating Partha Chakra by a narrow 1-0 margin in the final match played at Paljor Stadium in Gangtok on October 15, 2017.
- Question 119: Which Indian-American personality has won the 2017 American Bazaar Philanthropy award?
Explanation:Noted Indian-American attorney Ajay Raju has been honoured with the 3rd American Bazaar Philanthropy award in recognition of his philanthropic activities in the US. Asif Ismail, publisher of The American Bazaar, an online ethnic news publication about Indian-Americans stated that Raju was honoured for his commitment to revive Philadelphia through the Germination Project.
- Question 120: The AYUSH Festival of Stamps 2017 has started in which city?
Explanation:The AYUSH Festival of Stamps 2017 was inaugurated by Rajya Sabha MP Vinay Tendulkar at Maquinez Palace in Panaji, Goa on October 17, 2017. The two-day exhibition event is being jointly organised by the Goa Postal Region, Indian postal department and the Ministry of AYUSH.
- Question 121: The NIIF of India has signed a pact worth $1 billion with Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA). What does NIIF stands for?
Explanation:The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) of India has signed an investment agreement worth $1 billion with a wholly owned unit of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA).
- Question 122: For the first-ever Tri Services Joint Exercise between Indian and __ Armed Forces, INDRA-2017 began Vladivostok in Russia?
Explanation:The first-ever Tri Services Joint Exercise between Indian and Russian Armed Forces, INDRA-2017 began on Thursday near Vladivostok in Russia.
Two indigenously built Indian Naval ships INS Satpura and INS Kadmatt reached Vladivostok Port yesterday and were given a traditional ceremonial welcome.
- Question 123: India’s first-ever All India Institute of Ayurveda has been set up in ....?
Explanation:India’s first-ever All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) has been inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Sarita Vihar in New Delhi on the occasion of 2nd National Ayurveda Day (NAD) i.e. on 17 Oct 2017. It has been set up along the lines of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
- Question 124: What is the theme of 2017 World Spine Day (WSD)?
Explanation:The World Spine Day (WSD) is observed every year on October 16 to raise awareness about spinal disorders as part of the Bone and Joint Decade’s Action Week. The 2017 theme “Your Back In Action” is highlighting the importance of physical activity and improving posture as part of good spinal health and prevention of injury.
- Question 125: The first-ever International tri services joint exercise “INDRA – 2017” will be conducted between India and which country?
Explanation:The first-ever International tri services joint exercise “INDRA – 2017” will be conducted between Indian and Russian Armed Forces in the Eastern Military District of Russia from 19 to 29 Oct 2017. the INDRA-2017 will strengthen mutual confidence, inter-operability and enable sharing of best practices between both the armed forces. It will be a landmark event in the history of Indo-Russian defence cooperation. It must be noted that Exercise INDRA in its previous nine avatars has been conducted as a single service exercise alternately between the two countries. The year 2017 marks a major milestone as this Exercise has been upgraded to involve all the three Services of the Armed Forces (Army, Navy & Air Force), which further accentuates the importance of Joint Services in the present world environment.
- Question 126: Lekh Tandon, who passed away recently, was the renowned personality in ...?
Explanation:Lekh Raj Tandon (88), the renowned Indian filmmaker and actor, has passed away in MUmbai, Maharashtra on October 16, 2017. He was best known for films like Amrapali, Agar Tum Na Hote and Dulhan Wahi Jo Piya Man Bhaye.
- Question 127: Who is the author of the book “Beyond the Dream Girl”?
Explanation:The biography of actress and BJP MP Hema Malini “Beyond the Dream Girl” has been authored by veteran journalist Ram Kamal Mukherjee, which is recently launched on October 16, 2017. The book is published by HarperCollins India and will give readers an in-depth look into her life.
- Question 128: What is the theme of 2017 Global Handwashing Day (GHD)?
Explanation:The Global Handwashing Day(GHD) is observed every year on October 15 as an annual global advocacy day to increase awareness and understanding about the importance of handwashing with soap as an easy, effective, and affordable way to prevent diseases and save lives.
- Question 129: ____ is hosting Southeast Asian Defence Ministers meet 2017?
Explanation: In her first foreign visit as Defence Minister, Ms Nirmala Sitharaman left for Philippines this morning to attend the Southeast Asian Defence Ministers' meeting.
The two-day ADMM (ASEAN Defence Ministers' Meeting)-Plus meeting is expected to discuss ways to enhance defence and security co-operation among the member nations to effectively counter various transnational security challenges facing the region. More from our correspondent:
- Question 130: A 3-day Paryatan Parv, a nation-wide celebration of tourism, held in...?
Explanation:The 3-day grand finale of Paryatan Parv, a nation-wide celebration of tourism, will begin in New Delhi on Oct. 23.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh will be the Chief Guest at the formal inaugural function of the event, while Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will grace the closing ceremony.
- Question 131: The academics will get sabbatical leave to begin Startups in ___ ?
Explanation:Kerala government has given green signal to a proposal of the state Startup Mission (KSUM) to accord sabbatical leave to the faculty members of all colleges who intend to establish startups.
An expert panel, headed by KSUM CEO Saji Gopinath, will select 10 faculty members on a pilot basis for the implementation of the project.
- Question 132: Who is the writer of the book - Beyond The Dream Girl ?
Explanation:Beyond The Dream Girl is Hema Malini's Biography.
- Question 133: International India Cherry Blossom Festival will be held in...?
Explanation: Meghalaya to host international cherry blossom festival in Nov. 2017.
- Question 134: World Statistics Day is observed on....?
Explanation: World Statistics Day was celebrated for the first time on 20 October 2010 worldwide. The United Nations Statistical Commission declared the day.
- Question 135: Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojana is launched by ....?
Explanation: Madhya Pradesh has launched a new scheme named as “Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojana” (Price Deficit Financing Scheme) to hedge price risks in agriculture sector.
- Question 136: K Srikanth is related with...?
Explanation: In Badminton, ace Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth has lifted the Denmark Open Superseries trophy at Odense.
- Question 137: The first nation to accept bitcoin in exchange for citizenship is ...?
Explanation: Vanuatu, the island that counts equally tiny nation Fiji as a neighbor — though it’s 700 miles away — is now granting full citizenship in exchange for $200,000.
- Question 138: ___ has won the 2017 IHV Lifetime Achievement Award for AIDS research?
Explanation:Professors Salim Abdool Karim and Quarraisha Abdool Karim, a globally-acclaimed South African Indian-origin researcher couple, has been honoured with a prestigious 2017 IHV Lifetime Achievement Award for their exceptional contributions in the field of HIV/AIDS.
The Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) is a syndrome caused by a virus called HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). The disease alters the immune system, making people much more vulnerable to infections and diseases.
- Question 139: ___ hosted the first-ever meeting of BIMSTEC Task Force on Traditional Medicine?
Explanation:The Union Ministry of AYUSH hosted the first-ever meeting of BIMSTEC Task Force on Traditional Medicine (BITFM) on October 24-25, 2017 at Parvasi Bhartiya Kendra in New Delhi.
India being a major stakeholder in the field of Traditional Medicine plays an important role in influencing the policies and strategies related to the Traditional Medicine in the BIMSTEC Forum.
- Question 140: What is the theme of the 2017 Vigilance Awareness Week (VAW)?
Explanation:The 2017 Vigilance Awareness Week (VAW) will be observed by the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) from 30th October to 4thNovember, 2017 with theme “My Vision-Corruption Free India”.
- Question 141: Which state will be the - Focus State - at World Food India (WFI) 2017?
Explanation:Odisha will be the ‘Focus State’ in the mega international food event “World Food India (WFI) 2017”, which is scheduled to be held at New Delhi on November 3-5.
In the WFI 2017, Japan, Denmark and Germany are partner countries, and Italy & Netherlands are ‘Focus Countries’.
- Question 142: What is the India’s passport position in the Global Passport Power Rank 2017, as per global financial advisory firm Arton Capital?
Explanation:India’s passport has been ranked 75th out of 94 countries with a visa-free score of 51, according to the ‘Global Passport Power Rank 2017’ by global financial advisory firm Arton Capital. The list is topped by Singapore, followed by Germany, Sweden and South Korea.
- Question 143: ___ have jointly launched a new scheme “SAATHI”?
Explanation:Ministries of Power and Textiles have jointly launched a new scheme SAATHI under which Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) will provide energy efficient power loom equipment to small and medium units at no upfront cost.
The use of the efficient equipment would result in energy and cost savings to the unit owner and he will repay in instalments to EESL over a 4 to 5 year period.
- Question 144: Girija Devi, who passed away recently, was the renowned classical singer of.... ?
Explanation:Girija Devi (88), the veteran Indian classical singer of the Seniya and Banaras gharanas, has passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal on October 24, 2017. She was known as ‘Thumri queen’, who popularised the genre of semi-classical Indian music. She was conferred with all three Padma awards, and was honoured with the Padma Vibhushan in 2016.
- Question 145: After Guwahati, ___ will be the second capital city of the North East region having Rajdhani Express service connecting to New Delhi.
Explanation:The Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain flagged off the new Rajdhani Express service between New Delhi and Agartala, capital city of Tripura, at Agartala station this afternoon.
- Question 146: Who is the author of the e-book “India 2017 Yearbook”?
Explanation:Rajiv Mehrishi, the Comptroller and Auditor General of India(CAG) and former Union home secretary, has authored an e-book titled “India 2017 Yearbook” on current affairs in India.
- Question 147: Which country is hosting the 2017 global conference on consumer protection?
Explanation:The global conference on consumer protection has inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi on October 26, 2017 with theme “Empowering Consumers in New Markets”. This is the first time that an international conference on consumer protection is being organised by India for countries of the region which account for a majority of the global consumers and share common challenges and experiences.
- Question 148: ___ is hosting the International Conference on Green Initiatives & Railway Electrification?
Explanation:The International Conference on Green Initiatives & Railway Electrification has inaugurated by Union Minister of Railways & Coal Piyush Goyal in New Delhi on October 27, 2017. The conference is organised by Ministry of Railways through Institution of Railways Electrical Engineer (IREE).
- Question 149: India has signed ___ amount of loan agreement with Asian Development Bank (ADB) to support coastal protection in Karnataka?
Explanation:The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India (GoI) signed a $65.5 million loan agreement on October 26, 2017 in New Delhi to continue interventions to check coastal erosion on the Western Coast in Karnataka.
- Question 150: Name the winner of Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award 2017?
Explanation:Veteran writer-lyricist Javed Akhtar has been honoured with the 2017 Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award at an event in Mumbai which marked the 28th anniversary of Hridayesh Arts and the 80th birthday of veteran music composer Hridaynath Mangeshkar.
- Question 151: The theme of the 2017 World Day for Audiovisual Heritage (WDAH) was ...?
Explanation:The World Day for Audiovisual Heritage (WDAH) is observed every year on October 27 to raise general awareness of the need to preserve and safeguard important audiovisual material for future generations, and for urgent measures to be taken to conserve this heritage and ensure it remains accessible to the public now, and to future generations. The 2017 theme is “Discover, remember and share”.
- Question 152: ___ has been named the best country to visit in 2018, according to Lonely Planet ‘Best in Travel 2018’ list?
Explanation:Chile has been named the best country to visit in 2018 by Lonely Planet in its ‘Best in Travel 2018’ list and is followed by South Korea, Portugal, Djibouti and New Zealand. Apart from this, Belfast and the Causeway coast of Northern Ireland has been named by Lonely Planet as the best region to visit in 2018, while Seville of Spain has been named as best city to visit in 2018.
- Question 153: ___ has become the newest associate member of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)?
Explanation:The Cricket Association of Puducherry (CAP) has become the newest associate member of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) after the Committee of Administrators (CoA) accepted their proposal.
- Question 154: Who is the PM of Italy?
Explanation:Prime Minister of Italy Paolo Gentiloni today arrived in New Delhi on a two-day visit to India. The visit coming after a gap of more than a decade, is aimed at strengthening the bilateral political and economic relations between the two countries. The last visit of the Italian Prime Minister to India was in February 2007.
- Question 155: Digamber Singh, who passed away recently, was related with...?
Explanation:Dr Digamber Singh, the senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader, has passed away in Jaipur, Rajasthan on October 27, 2017. He served as cabinet minister in Government of Rajasthan led by Vasundhara Raje.
He represented Deeg-Kumher constituency of Bharatpur district in the assembly. He is currently President of “Bees Sutri Karyakram” and has a status of Cabinet Minister.
- Question 156: Which country is hosting the 14th South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation in Law (SAARCLAW) Conference?
Explanation:The 14th South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation in Law (SAARCLAW) Conference has started in Colombo, Sri Lanka along with the 11th SAARC Chief Justices Conference on October 27, 2017.
The three-day conference was inaugurated by Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe and will see participation from South Asia’s top Judges, legal practitioners and academics.
- Question 157: The 2017 Infantry Day is celebrated on ...?
Explanation:The Infantry Day is celebrated every year in India on October 27 to commemorate the first Infantry action post independence. On this day 70 years ago, in response to the threat posed to the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the nation, the leading elements of the Indian Army from the 1st Battalion of the SIKH Regiment, air landed at Srinagar.
- Question 158: Which country has become the first country to leave International Criminal Court (ICC)?
Explanation:Burundi has become the first country to withdraw from the International Criminal Court (ICC) with effect from October 27, 2017. According to ICC officials , a preliminary investigation launched by the prosecutor in April 2016 into possible crimes against humanity in the central African nation would continue. Burundi’s withdrawal does not affect the jurisdiction of the court with respect to crimes alleged to have been committed during the time it was a state party. It must be noted that Burundi has faced deadly political turmoil since April 2015, when President Pierre Nkurunziza announced plans to seek a disputed third term that he ultimately won. In 2002, the ICC was established in The Hague, Netherlands to prosecute those behind the world’s worst atrocities.
- Question 159: Heena Sidhu is related with...?
Explanation: Heena Sidhu clinched the 10-metre air pistol gold medal to give India a perfect start at the Commonwealth Shooting Championships in Brisbane today.
Sidhu shot a combined score of 626.2 to claim the top honours. This was Sidhu's second successive international gold after she along with Jitu Rai, claimed the top position in the 10-metre air pistol mixed team event in the ISSF World Cup Finals in Delhi earlier this month.
- Question 160: The government has constituted a ministerial panel headed by ___ to oversee merger proposals of state-owned banks ?
Explanation: The government has constituted a ministerial panel headed by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to oversee merger proposals of state-owned banks.
The other members of the panel include Railway and Coal Minister Piyush Goyal and Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Question 161: Article ___ empowers the Jammu and Kashmir legislature to define its - permanent residents - and bestow on them special rights and privileges ?
Explanation: The Supreme Court has adjourned the hearing of a plea challenging Article 35A of the Constitution by three months. The article empowers the Jammu and Kashmir legislature to define its 'permanent residents' and bestow on them special rights and privileges.
The court's order came after it was told by the Centre that the government has appointed a representative to hold talks with all stakeholders to resolve the Kashmir issue.
- Question 162: National Unity Day is observed on...?
Explanation:National Unity Day is being celebrated in Goa today to mark Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s birth anniversary.
In a programme organised by the Directorate of Field Publicity in the Verla-Kanka village panchayat in North Goa, the celebrations began early morning with a Run for Unity, which saw large participation from children.
- Question 163: ___ has topped the list of new tuberculosis cases in 2016 as per WHO?
Explanation: According to a new report by the World Health Organisation, India topped the list of seven countries, accounting for 64 per cent of the 10.4 million new tuberculosis (TB) cases worldwide in 2016.
The Global TB Report 2017 released by the WHO said that India was followed by Indonesia, China, Philippines, Pakistan, Nigeria and South Africa.
- Question 164: ___ is hosting 12th India-Tunisia Joint Commission Meeting ?
Explanation: India and Tunisia have agreed to jointly combat terrorism while ramping up co-operation in the field of security.
A review of bilateral ties was undertaken as External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj co-chaired the 12th India-Tunisia Joint Commission Meeting with her Tunisian counterpart Khemaies Jhinaoui in New Delhi on Monday.
- Question 165: Which state chief minister has been honoured with the Golden Peacock Award under the category ‘Global Leadership in Public Service and Economic Transformation’?
Explanation:Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has been honoured with the prestigious Golden Peacock Award under the category – Global Leadership in Public Service and Economic Transformation for excelling in public services at the 17th London Global Convention by the Institute of Directors for Leadership in Transferring Governance in England. In 1991, the Institute of Directors established the Golden Peacock Awards for the recognition of “corporate excellence”.
- Question 166: Punathil Kunjabdulla, the renowned Malayalam writer passed away. He hailed from which state?
Explanation:Punathil Kunjabdulla (77), the renowned writer and Malayalam novelist, has passed away in Kozhikode, Kerala. His works includes more than 45 books, including 7 novels, 15 short story collections, memoirs, an autobiography and travelogues. His masterpiece ‘Smarakashilakal’ published in 1977, is one of the most significant novels of all time in Malayalam. It won the both the Kerala and Central Sahitya Akademi Awards.
- Question 167: ___ is hosting women's Asia Cup Hockey 2017
Explanation: In women's Asia Cup Hockey, India defeated Malaysia 2-nil in its third and final match in Japan.
Vandana Kataria and Gurjeet Kaur scored in 54th and 55th minutes for India. With this, India has reached the quarter-final stage topping the pool A.