- Question 1: Recently, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) lost its communication link with its __ satellite?
Explanation:The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is yet to restore the communication link with its GSAT-6A satellite.
A source in ISRO said, orbit raising maneuvers were carried out from the Master Control Facility in Hassan to place the satellite in its intended orbit of 36,000 kms.
- Question 2: Pankaj Advani is related with..?
Explanation:Cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni and billiards champion Pankaj Advani are among the 41 prominent personalities who will be conferred with the prestigious Padma awards of 2018 by President Ram Nath Kovind in New Delhi.
- Question 3: When was Britain's Royal Air Force founded...?
Explanation: Queen Elizabeth II has sent congratulations to Britain's Royal Air Force on the 100th anniversary of its founding.
Queen Elizabeth II has sent congratulations to Britain's Royal Air Force on the 100th anniversary of its founding.
The queen's message was read at a breakfast reception held today at a central London building that served as the RAF's first headquarters.
The Royal Air Force was created on 1st of April 1918 through the merger of the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Naval Air Service.
- Question 4: Name the Chinese space lab which will hit Earth atmosphere?
Explanation:A defunct Chinese space lab hurtled through Earth's atmosphere today, breaking up into pieces as it headed towards a watery grave in the South Pacific.
Moments after predicting a slightly later re-entry over the Atlantic, China's Manned Space Engineering Office said, the eight-tonne Tiangong-1 mostly burnt up above the vast ocean's central region.
- Question 5: Hmar People's Convention is related with..?
Explanation:The stage is set for the signing of a peace pact between the Mizoram government and the Manipur-based Hmar People's Convention (Democratic), HPC (D) in Aizawl.
- Question 6: Govt has signed a $80mn loan agreement with ADB to help modernize Technical Education in ...?
Explanation:Asian Development Bank, ADB and Government of India today signed 80 million dollar loan to help modernize Technical and Vocational Education and Training, TVET institutions and improve the skills ecosystem in Himachal Pradesh.
- Question 7: Seventh Conference on International Security held in...?
Explanation:Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will be travelling to Russia to attend the seventh Moscow Conference on International Security. This will be her first visit to Russia in her capacity as the Defence Minister.
- Question 8: C.V. Rajendran was a famous..?
Explanation: Tamil film director C.V. Rajendran, who was part of late C.V. Sridhar’s unit died aged 81.
- Question 9: Kadaknath is a .... breed?
Explanation:Six years after it applied for the Geographical Indications (GI) tag for Kadaknath, a chicken breed whose black meat is in demand in some quarters, Madhya Pradesh has got the coveted label.
- Question 10: Cambridge Analytica is related with...?
Explanation:Facebook has said, personal data on as many as 87 million of its users was improperly shared with British political consultancy, Cambridge Analytica.
- Question 11: Election Commission to set up 450 Pink polling booths in...?
Explanation:The Election Commission has decided to set up 450 Sakhi Pink booths during the Karnataka Assembly elections.
The booths will be managed completely by female staff including presiding officer, polling officer, micro observers and security personnel.
- Question 12: P Gururaja is related with...?
Explanation:On the first day of competitions at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games today, India began their campaign with a Silver Medal in Weightlifting. In the 56 kilogram category, P Gururaja lifted a total weight of 249 kg to finish second in the event.
The 25-year old Gururaja equalled his personal best. Malaysia took the Gold, while Sri Lanka settled for the Bronze.
- Question 13: India-Japan-US Trilateral Talks are being held in ....?
Explanation:The crucial dialogue between the three leading democratic powers (viz. India, Japan and the USA) of the Indo-Pacific region was held in New Delhi.
- Question 14: An MoU has been signed between the Indian Army and ___ Bank on the Defence Salary Package?
Explanation: The first MoU between HDFC Bank and the Indian Army was signed in 2011 and was renewed in Mar 2015.
- Question 15: Govt. has a target of setting up __ new airports in next three years?
- Question 16: ___ has Introduced - Rupashree Scheme - for Marriage of Poor Girls?
Explanation:The state government of West Bengal introduced a new scheme called ‘Rupashree’ in order to provide marriage assistance to girls coming from economically weaker families with a budgetary allocation of Rs 1500 crore.
- Question 17: Where is Konark Sun Temple?
Explanation:A world-class interpretation centre and other tourist facilities for visitors were inaugurated at the Konark Sun Temple, Odisha.
- Question 18: India Ranks ___ in Global Startup Ecosystem as per Startupblink Report?
Explanation: According to report released by global startup ecosystem map Startupblink, India was ranked 37th out of 125 countries in global startup ecosystem in 2017.
Startupblink is a global startup ecosystem map with tens of thousands of registered startups, coworking spaces, and accelerators.
- Question 19: REcently, India and ___ have agreed to further strengthen bilateral relations in key areas of border security, connectivity, trade and agriculture?
Explanation: Aiming to expand cross-border rail linkages, the two sides have also decided to construct a new electrified rail line, with India’s financial support. The rail line will connect the border city of Raxaul in India to Kathmandu in Nepal.
- Question 20: Name the Foreign Secretary of India?
Explanation: Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale will travel to Bangladesh. He is expected to meet his counterpart Mohammad Shahidul Haque in Dhaka and discuss ways to deepen the bilateral ties.
Mr Gokhale is also likely to meet the Foreign Minister of Bangladesh, Abul Hassan Mahmood Ali. This is Mr Gokhale's first visit to Bangladesh after taking over as the foreign secretary.
- Question 21: Punam Yadav is related with...?
Explanation: President Ram Nath Kovind has congratulated weightlifter Punam Yadav on winning Gold medal at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games. In a tweet, Mr Kovind said, the super performance by Indian weightlifters continues at the Games.
- Question 22: ___ govt has announced the special benefits to TB patients?
Explanation: Haryana government has decided to provide special benefits to tuberculosis patients in an effort to eliminate the infectious disease by 2025.
Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij yesterday said, the state government will provide nutritional support of 500 rupees per month to notified TB patients during their treatment with effect from April 1 this year through Direct Benefit Transfer system.
- Question 23: ___ will offer Free chemotherapy treatment for cancer patients from June?
Explanation:Maharashtra government has announced that cancer patients would be provided free chemotherapy treatment at district hospitals with the first phase of the plan starting in June.
- Question 24: Complete the full form: PDOs - Public __ Office ?
Explanation:Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) mooted an ambitious model of a public Wi-Fi grid that aims to slash Internet access cost by 90 per cent, and push broadband proliferation in India.
TRAI Chairman RS Sharma told reporters that the regulator's concept involves Public Data Office Providers (PDOs) - much like PCOs of yesteryears that galvanised connectivity.
- Question 25: Organ donation has been made part of school syllabus in ...?
Explanation: In Maharashtra, secondary school students will now be educated on organ donation.
A chapter on this issue has been incorporated in the new science book of Class 10 from the next academic year with an aim to create awareness about organ and cadaver donation.
- Question 26: What is the capital of Azerbaijan?
Explanation: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has begun her three-day visit to Azerbaijan to participate in the Mid-Term Ministerial Meeting of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) in Baku.
- Question 27: ___ has been Appointed as Next Ambassador of India to Serbia?
- Question 28: Iran and ___ have resumed gas swap operation?
Explanation: Iran has resumed gas swap with Turkmenistan since March 28 following negotiations held between the Presidents of the two neighbours.
Xinhua cited official IRNA news agency yesterday said, last January, Iran stopped gas swap with Turkmenistan because of its low quality.
- Question 29: __ has banned exports of dual-use items to North Korea
Explanation: China has banned the export to North Korea of some items with potential dual-use in weapons of mass destruction.
The Chinese Ministry of Commerce said in a statement on its website that the list of items reflects a UN Security Council resolution adopted unanimously in September over North Korea's ballistic missile and nuclear programmes.
- Question 30: __ is the first state in the North East to implement the state component of PMKVY through Directorate of Skill Development (DSD)?
Explanation: Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb launched the state component of Pradhanmantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PMKVY) in Agartala yesterday.
He assured that the target to give training to more than 1 lakh 16,000 youths by 2020 will be achieved and as a result the problem of unemployment prevailing in the state will be solved.
Tripura is also the first state in the country implementing pilot project for accreditation for skilled candidates who would be imparted training programmes in different trades under various departments and private training providers.
- Question 31: With which state will you associate Satyagrah Se Swacchagraha?
Explanation: In Bihar, Satyagrah Se Swacchagraha, a week long cleanliness awareness campaign, has evoked good response across the state.
The state-wide campaign would culminate on Tuesday with a concluding ceremony of the centenary year of Champaran Satyagraha at Motihari in East Champaran district.
- Question 32: Jitu Rai is related with...?
Explanation: In shooting, Jitu Rai won gold in Men's 10 meter Air pistol and Om Mitharwal got bronze.
- Question 33: ___ has Launched Mobile App Bi-lingual - Uzhavan - for Farmers
Explanation:To use technology for farmers benefit, Tamil Nadu government has come out with a mobile application named Uzhavan (farmer) app that will allow ryots to have access to nine types of services. It was launched by Chief Minister K Palaniswami.
- Question 34: ___ has Topped in 4G Connectivity Among 20 Largest Cities?
Explanation:Patna tops in 4G connectivity among 20 of India’s largest cities. It has emerged ahead of the likes of Bengaluru, Mumbai and Delhi, according to the report of OpenSignal, a wireless coverage mapping company.
- Question 35: ___ has launched Gobardhan Yojana to Support Farmers?
Explanation:The Haryana government has launched the 'Gobardhan Yojana' to provide for the sale of organic manure and cow urine with an aim to benefit farmers.
A provision of Rs 11 crore has been made to provide benefits of various projects under this scheme
- Question 36: The Indian Air Force (IAF) is going to conduct its biggest ever combat exercise named ...?
Explanation:For the first time, the indigenous Light Combat Aircraft Tejas will be taking part in the exercise and will perform both the offensive and defensive roles.
- Question 37: SC wants security for ___ woman forced into marriage without her consent?
Explanation: The Supreme Court has asked the Centre to grant protection to a Karnataka woman who alleged that she has been married off without her consent.
The woman, who is presently in Delhi and being assisted by Delhi Commission for Women, has also sought striking down of certain provisions of the Hindu Marriage Act on the grounds that the consent of the bride or the groom has not been made mandatory in the law.
- Question 38: Recently, India signed 4 agreements including one on Double taxation, Judicial co-operation, Establishment of Entrepreneurship with ...?
Explanation: India and Zambia today signed four agreements to strengthen the ties between the two countries.
The agreements include one on Double taxation, Judicial co-operation, Establishment of Entrepreneurship Development Institute in Zambia and visa exemption on diplomatic passports and official holding relevant passports.
- Question 39: Ankita Raina is related with..?
Explanation:Ankita Raina has become only the third Indian woman tennis player to breach the top-200 rankings in singles.
She jumped 15 places to reach a career-best 197 in the WTA chart. The 25-year-old Ankita is the first player to achieve the feat since Sania Mirza put India on the singles map with her remarkable achievements over the years.
- Question 40: Shreyasi Singh is related with...?
Explanation: Indian shooter Shreyasi Singh gave India its 12th Gold medal of the Commonwealth Games at Gold Coast today.
She bagged the coveted yellow metal in the Women's Double Trap event, after beating Aussie Emma Cox in the shootout. Emma settled for a Silver, while the Bronze went to Scotland's Linda Pearson. The other Indian in the event, Varsha Varman finished fourth.
- Question 41: ___ court has refused to drop case against Reuters journalists?
Explanation: In Myanmar, a court in Yangon has rejected a motion to drop a case against two Reuters journalists arrested while reporting on the Rohingya crisis.
The reporters were arrested in December on charges of violating the country's Official Secrets Act for possessing material relating to security operations in conflict-hit Rakhine state.
- Question 42: ___ has decided to scrap quota system in govt jobs amid protest?
Explanation: In Bangladesh, the Government has decided to scrap the quota system in government services after student's protest across the country against a controversial policy of setting aside jobs for special groups.
- Question 43: As per ADB, India will grow 7.3% this financial year and in Next year?
- Question 44: ___ and Egypt to resume direct flights two years after attack?
Explanation:Russia and Egypt will resume direct flights today two years after a bomb downed a Russian charter over the Sinai peninsula in 2015.
Moscow stopped direct flights citing security concerns after the attack, in a major blow for the Egyptian economy, which relies heavily on tourism and had been a popular destination for Russians.
- Question 45: ___ has opted out of Air India disinvestment process?
- Question 46: Who is the 49th recipient of Dadasaheb Phalke Award?
Explanation: Veteran Hindi film actor Vinod Khanna was today given Dadasaheb Phalke Award posthumously. Khanna is the 49th recipient of the Award, which is Indian cinema's highest honour.
- Question 47: Name the National Security Advisor of India?
Explanation: National Security Advisor Ajit Doval had talks with the top official of China's ruling Communist Party Yang Jiechi in Shanghai during which both sides agreed to maintain the pace of high-level exchanges.
- Question 48: Govt has target of constructing 1 crore houses under PMAY-Gramin by 31st of March..
- Question 49: India and have signed seven MoU at Defence expo?
Explanation: India and Russia signed 7 MoUs at Defence Expo at Thiruvidanthai, near Chennai.
These MoUs were signed between the Indian Private Defence sector manufacturing companies and Russian Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) for manufacture, development of spares, sub-assemblies and assemblies of identified Russian origin platforms in use by the Indian Armed Forces.
The MoUs were signed during third India-Russia Military-Industrial Conference held on the sidelines of DefExpo 2018.
- Question 50: PM has launched a scheme for the transformation of - ____ - from Jangala village in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh?
Explanation:Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch a scheme for the transformation of - Aspirational Districts - from Jangala village in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh.
Bijapur is among 115 poorest districts in the country which have been selected on the basis of their poor indicators in the field of education, health, basic infrastructure and financial inclusion.
- Question 51: First regional conference of eastern states on Water Resources to be held in ___ ?
Explanation:The first regional conference of eastern states on Water Resources will be held in Kolkata to address the outstanding water issues of these states.
The conference will deliberate on finding a solution to mitigate inter and intra-basin issues relating to water resources in Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha and West Bengal, official sources said.
- Question 52: ___ has seeked the GST exemption on gurudwara langar food ingredients?
Explanation: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has urged the GST Council to grant an exemption to all input ingredients like butter, purified butter or ghee, edible oil and spices, for preparing - langar - (community kitchen) food served by gurudwaras.
- Question 53: What is India rank in the latest annual Index of Economic Freedom?
Explanation:India has jumped 13 places in the last one year to 130th spot in the latest annual Index of Economic Freedom released by a top American think-tank the Heritage Foundation.
In 2017, India with a score of 52.6 points was ranked at 143 among 180 countries, two spots below neighbour Pakistan.
- Question 54: Kidambi Srikanth is related with..?
Explanation:Ace Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth has become the World number 1 in men’s singles category after Badminton World Federation updated its weekly rankings.
He overtook World Champion Viktor Axelsen at the top of rankings with 76,895 points.
- Question 55: What is the capital of Sweden?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has expressed confidence that his visits to Sweden and United Kingdom will be useful in enhancing India's engagement with these countries.
In his departure statement prior to his visit, Mr Modi said, he is visiting Sweden and the United Kingdom for bilateral meetings and for the India-Nordic Summit and the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting during 17th to 20th of this month.
- Question 56: The Moluccan Sea is located in the western Pacific Ocean, around the vicinity of ...?
Explanation: A moderately strong 5.9-magnitude earthquake hit Indonesia's Molucca Sea today. The US Geological Survey said the quake struck at a depth of 36.5 kilometres, its epicenter was 85 kilometers northwest of Kota Ternate.
- Question 57: Dharmendra will be conferred with the prestigious ___ Lifetime Achievement?
Explanation:Veteran Bollywood actor Dharmendra will be conferred with the prestigious Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement and filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani with Raj Kapoor Special Contribution awards.
Maharashtra Culture Minister Vinod Tawde tweeted the names of the winners on Sunday. He said he is delighted to announce the names of veteran actor Dharmendra and director Raj Kumar Hirani as winners for this year’s award.
- Question 58: Bisket Jatra is a famous festival of ...?
Explanation: In Nepal, the famous Bisket Jatra is being celebrated in Bhaktapur and other parts of Kathmandu valley.
The nine day annual festival marks beginning of Nepali new year. The Jatra begins four days before the start of new year. It is believed that the festival started during Malla dynasty. There are many legends associated with the Jatra.
- Question 59: When was The India Meteorological Department founded?
Explanation:The India Meteorological Department, IMD will issue its first official forecast for 2018 southwest monsoon rains in New Delhi.
It accounts for about 70 percent of the country’s annual precipitation. This is an annual event that sets the tone not only for agricultural production but also the manner in which the economy, stock markets, inflation and interest rates would move in the year.
- Question 60: NASA to launch washing machine-sized spacecraft ...?
Explanation:NASA is to launch a washing machine-sized spacecraft that aims to vastly expand mankind's search for planets beyond solar system, particularly closer, Earth-sized ones that might harbor life.
The Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite, TESS, is scheduled to launch today from Cape Canaveral, Florida. Its main goal over the next two years is to scan more than 200,000 of the brightest stars for signs of planets circling them and causing a dip in brightness known as a transit.
- Question 61: India has won ___ medals in Commonwealth Games 2018 ?
Explanation:India finished third in the medals tally at the Commonwealth Games 2018 with 66 medals (26 Gold, 20 Silver and 20 Bronze).
- Question 62: The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) signed an MoU with the __ to provide skill training to 500 youth and women at Kudankulam in Tamil Nadu?
Explanation:The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) signed an MoU with the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) to provide skill training to 500 youth and women at Kudankulam in Tamil Nadu.
- Question 63: Punjab National Bank has celebrated its...foundation day?
Explanation:State-run Punjab National Bank (PNB) launched new products such as pre-approved credit card and UPI solution to mark its 124th foundation day.
- Question 64: Yuki Bhambri is related with..?
Explanation: Tennis star Yuki Bhambri today broke back into the top-100 for the first time since February 2016.
As per the latest rankings, he leapfrogged 22 places to a career-best rank of 83.
- Question 65: When was Himachal Pradesh founded?
Explanation:Himachal Pradesh celebrated its 71st foundation day with much fanfare and gaiety. Several cultural events were organized across the state. It may be recalled that the hill state came into existence after the merger of 30 odd princely states in 1948.
- Question 66: Gram Swaraj Abhiyan scheme has been launched in ...
Explanation:Launching the - Gram Swaraj Abhiyan - in Telangana, the Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan stated the number of LPG distribution points in the State will be increased to 1,000 from the existing 707 for quicker and efficient delivery of gas cylinders.
- Question 67: The Government has said that the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana is well on its way to achieving the target by March....?
Explanation:The Government has said that the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana is well on its way to achieving the target by March 2019.
The scheme, since its inception in 2000, has been able to provide connectivity to more than One lakh 50 thousand habitations.
- Question 68: Minister of State for Communication Manoj Sinha has launched ___ Postal Life Insurance App?
Explanation:Minister of State for Communication Manoj Sinha today launched DARPAN-Postal Life Insurance App, in New Delhi.
The DARPAN-PLI App will help in the collection of the premium for postal life insurance and Rural postal life insurance policies at Branch Post offices anywhere in India, with online updation of the policies.
- Question 69: Government has raised NABARD Authorised Capital to Rs ___ billion?
Explanation:As part of the drive to double the income of farmers by 2022, the government has raised the authorised capital of NABARD by six times from 50 billion to Rs 300 billion to help it increase its lending to the rural economy.
- Question 70: Ramesh Shelar is related with...?
Explanation:Pune-based 17-year-old swimmer Sampanna Ramesh Shelar has set a world record to double cross the Bangla Channel.
- Question 71: FIEO ___, is a digital platform for MSME exporters to digitize their businesses, that has been just launched?
Explanation:Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu today launched FIEO Globallinker, which is a digital platform for MSME exporters to digitise their businesses and join a global community of growing businesses.
FIEO stands for Federation of Indian Export Organisations.
- Question 72: 2022 Commonwealth Games will be held in...?
Explanation:The 2022 Commonwealth Games, officially known as the XXII Commonwealth Games and commonly known as Birmingham 2022, is an international multi-sport event for members of the Commonwealth that is scheduled to be held in Birmingham, England
- Question 73: India will sign pact with ___ for enhancing road safety measures?
Explanation: Surface Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari today said India will sign pact with South Korea for enhancing road safety measures.
Speaking at the inauguration of 29th road safety week in New Delhi, Mr Gadkari, who recently visited South Korea narrated how centralised traffic system could ease the traffic problems.
- Question 74: The International Monetary Fund, IMF has said that India is expected to grow at ___ per cent in 2018?
Explanation: The International Monetary Fund, IMF has said that India is expected to grow at 7(point)4 per cent in 2018 and 7(point)8 per cent in 2019 and would re-emerge as one of the fastest growing major economies in the period.
The IMF explained this is due to the strong private consumption as well as fading transitory effects of the currency exchange initiative and implementation of the national goods and services tax.
- Question 75: ___ has pulled 11 websites down over pirated content?
Explanation: The Maharashtra government has pulled 11 websites down after receiving complaints from the entertainment industry that pirated content was displayed.
The Maharashtra Cyber Digital Crime Unit, which was launched last August, pulled down these websites. Brijesh Singh, special Inspector General of Police, Maharashtra cyber cell, said the collective viewership of these websites was over 80 million.
- Question 76: Khongjom is a place in...?
Explanation:Manipur is observing Khongjom Day to pay tributes to the great warriors of Anglo-Manipur battle of 1891 at Khongjom in Thoubal district. The warriors laid down their lives safeguarding the freedom of the state.
- Question 77: Recently, the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) has been completely removed from ...?
Explanation: The Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) has been completely removed from Meghalaya and partially revoked in Arunachal Pradesh by being reduced from 16 to eight police stations in the state.
The Act has been removed from all areas of Meghalaya from 31 March and the decision has been taken due to a significant improvement of security situation in the state, a Home Ministry official said.
- Question 78: __ will host the world's first female foreign ministers' meeting in September.
Explanation:Canada and the European Union will host the world's first female foreign ministers' meeting in September.
The announcement was made by the Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland yesterday in Toronto. She said the meeting will be held for 2 days starting on September 21st in Canada.
- Question 79: In February this year, fair trade regulator, CCI had slapped a fine of 136 crore Rs on ___ for unfair business practices in the Indian market for online search?
Explanation:The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) today reserved its order on an interim plea of Google seeking a stay on 136 crore Rs fine imposed by Competition Commission of India, CCI.
In February this year, fair trade regulator, CCI had slapped a fine of 136 crore Rs on Google for unfair business practices in the Indian market for online search.
Passing the order on complaints filed back in 2012, the regulator said the penalty is being imposed on Google for “infringing anti-trust conduct."
- Question 80: __ is hosting 8th South Asian Judo Championship?
Explanation: President Ram Nath Kovind has congratulated Indian women and men athletes for winning gold medals at the 8th South Asian Judo Championship in Nepal.
- Question 81: Delhi Police has traced about 3,000 missing children in just four days by using....?
Explanation: Delhi Police has traced about 3,000 missing children in just four days by using facial recognition system (FRS).
Delhi Police has started using the FRS software on a trial basis to track down the missing children. This was stated by the Women and Child Development Ministry in an affidavit to the Delhi High Court.
- Question 82: Bengal’s ___ India’s Best Gram Panchayat?
Explanation:West Bengal has once again topped in the country with Digambarpur Gram Panchayat (GP) bagging the Centre’s award for the best Gram Panchayat in the country.
- Question 83: Panchayati Raj Day is observed on...?
Explanation: National Panchayati Raj Day (National Local Self-Government day) is the national day of India celebrated by Ministry of Panchayati Raj on 24 April annually
- Question 84: HUDCO was founded on 25th April ...?
Explanation:The Minister of Housing and Urban Development Hardeep Singh inaugurated the 48th Foundation Day of Housing and Urban Development Corporation.
- Question 85: Government to Tie Up with __ to Jointly Develop New Pollution-Forecast System
Explanation:The Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) is tying up with the US and Finland to develop new pollution-forecast system that will help anticipate particulate matter (PM) levels at least two days in advance and at greater resolution.
- Question 86: Coastal Security Exercise - Sagar Kavach - Held in ...?
Explanation:Exercise - Sagar Kavach - is being conducted to strengthen and assess the loopholes in the coastal security mechanism along Kerala shores.
Along with Coastal Police and Marine Enforcement wing, Indian Coast Guard and Indian Navy is also participating in Exercise ‘Sagar Kavach’.
- Question 87: India and ___Joint Military Exercise - Harimau Shakti?
Explanation:As part of ongoing Indo-Malaysian defence cooperation, a joint training exercise Harimau Shakti will be conducted in the dense forests of Sengai Perdik, Hulu Langat, Malaysia.
- Question 88: __ is hosting India-Nepal Inter-Governmental Committee (IGC) meeting on trade, transit and cooperation to Control Unauthorised Trade?
Explanation:India-Nepal Inter-Governmental Committee (IGC) meeting on trade, transit and cooperation to Control Unauthorised Trade started in Kathmandu today.
The Indian side is led by Commerce Secretary Rita Teaotia. The main focus of two day meeting will be on further strengthening trade and investment ties between both the countries.
- Question 89: Vesak festival is also known as ..?
Explanation: Vesak, also known as Buddha Purnima and Buddha Day, is a holiday traditionally observed by Buddhists and some Hindus on different days in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Tibet, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Indonesia.
- Question 90: Where is Metropolitan Museum of Art ?
Explanation: The prestigious Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET) is returning an idol of Goddess Durga to India.
MET President and CEO Daniel Weiss signed a Memorandum of Understanding for return of the idol and handed it to India's Consul General in New York Sandeep Chakravorty.
The Indian Consulate in New York tweeted that Minister of State for Electronics & Information Technology and Tourism K J Alphons was present on the occasion.
- Question 91: ___ has launched the Atal New India Challenge?
Explanation: Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), under the NITI Aayog, launched the Atal New India Challenge today.
Under the challenge, grants of up to one crore rupees, and mentorship will be given to the winning ideas. Addressing the gathering on the occasion, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said, the challenge will be a milestone in terms of innovation in various sectors.
- Question 92: In World Press Freedom Index Report what is India's rank is...?
Explanation:According to the 2018 World Press Freedom Index compiled by Reporters Without Borders (RSF), India has ranked 138th (sliding 2 positions down from 136th in 2017).
The list has been topped by Norway. North Korea was at the bottom-most position (180th) in the list.
- Question 93: Historic Inter-Korean Summit begins in truce village of ...?
Explanation: The leaders of North and South Korea are holding talks at the Demilitarised Zone that divides their countries in the historic Inter Korean summit in more than a decade.
The highest-level encounter which is coming after recent whirlwind of nuclear diplomacy is only third of its kind since the end of the 1950-53 Korean War. It takes place on the southern side of the truce village of Panmunjom and is intended to pave the way for a much-anticipated encounter between the North's leader Kim Jong Un and US President Donald Trump.
- Question 94: ___ will start direct flight from Amritsar to Bangkok from 14th May?
Explanation:Air India has announced the introduction of a direct flight from Amritsar to Bangkok from May 14. The flight will operate on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The service will remain in effect till May 30 and a decision on its extension will be taken based on the response it gets.
- Question 95: LCA Tejas has successfully fired air-to-air BVR missile. What is the meaning of V in it?
Explanation: In a major milestone, indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft Tejas has successfully fired an air-to-air beyond visual range (BVR) missile.
With this, Tejas has demonstrated its overall capability as an effective combat jet, and inched closer to receive final operational clearance.
- Question 96: As per Niti Aayog Indian Economic growth likely to be ___ in 2018-19 Vice Chairman
Explanation: Niti Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar expects India's economy to grow by at least 7.5 per cent in 2018-19 on the back of improvement in investment cycle and capacity utilisation.
He said, the government should now concentrate on consolidating the reform initiatives undertaken in the last 47 months.
Mr Kumar said, the economic environment is extremely positive and optimistic and inflation is well under the target. He said, the economy is expected to grow at 6.6 per cent in 2017-18. Mr Kumar was speaking at the BSE-organised India Economic Summit in Mumbai today.
Mr Kumar said more than 45 % exports in covered by SME sector and the importance of this sector can never be undermined.
He said two main objectives of the NITI Ayog are creating more jobs and providing a boost to export.
- Question 97: The Indian Culinary Institute (ICI) has been inaugurated in ...?
Explanation: The Indian Culinary Institute (ICI) was inaugurated by Union Tourism Minister KJ Alphons in Noida. The institute aims to preserve, document, promote and disseminate Indian cuisine.
It is in line with the government's commitment of creating specialized skilled manpower in the field of hospitality and promoting the research and development in Culinary Arts.
- Question 98: World Environment Day is observed ...?
Explanation:The Environment Ministry has banned plastics in all protected areas around the country and declared them plastic free zones. It has directed states and Union territories to organise awareness campaigns to sensitise people about the issue.
In a tweet, Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan said, the decision has been taken ahead of the World Environment Day on 5th of June. He said, protected areas in Bengal and Odisha are already plastic free zones.
- Question 99: What is the capital of Madagascar?
Explanation: More than 1,000 opposition activists rallied in Madagascar's capital today demanding the resignation of the president on the eighth straight day of anti-government protests in which at least two people have died.
- Question 100: The government has entered into a legal agreement with the ___ for a flexible financing arrangement to accelerate research towards early development for biopharmaceuticals?
Explanation:The government has entered into a legal agreement with the World Bank for a flexible financing arrangement to accelerate research towards early development for biopharmaceuticals.
A Statement issued by the government said the mission has been approved at a cost of 250 million dollars for five years with 50 per cent funding through the World Bank Loan,
- Question 101: __ is hosting Asia Badminton Championship?
Explanation:At the Asia Badminton Championship in Wuhan, China, Indian challenge ended with the defeat of both Saina Nehwal and H S Prannoy in the semi-finals.
- Question 102: ___ branches of the India Post payments bank are likely to be operational across the country by May 2018?
Explanation: Union Minister of State for Communications Manoj Sinha has said, as many as 650 branches of the India Post payments bank are likely to be operational across the country by next month.
Speaking at a press conference in Bhopal today, Mr Sinha said, the work of system integration of the payments bank had been completed and processes mandated by the Reserve Bank of India will be completed within one week.
- Question 103: Recently, Shirui Lily Festival held in...?
Explanation: Manipur's Shirui Lily Festival 2018 was concluded at Ukhrul district. The festival was sponsored by the department of tourism, Manipur to spread awareness about conservation of the endangered Shirui Lily.
- Question 104: Prajnesh Gunneswaran is related with..?
Explanation: Prajnesh Gunneswaran has clinched his first ever singles tennis title on the ATP Challenger circuit.
In the final of the Kunming Open at Anning, China, today, he defeated Egypt's Mohammed Safwat in three sets 5-7, 6-3, 6-1.
- Question 105: C A Bhavani Devi is related with...?
Explanation: India's C A Bhavani Devi won a silver medal in the sabre event of the Tournoi World Cup Satellite Fencing Championship in Reykjavik, Iceland.
The Tamil Nadu fencer went down 10-15 to USA's Alexis Browne in the final.
- Question 106: Where is Gandikota Fort?
Explanation:Dalmia Bharat Limited has signed an MoU with the Tourism Ministry to take up Red Fort (in Delhi) and Gandikota Fort (Andhra Pradesh) under the - Adopt a Heritage - project.
- Question 107: Where is Badrinath shrine?
Explanation: The Portals of Badrinath shrine in Uttarakhand was thrown open to devotees early this morning. The Shrine was closed for winters on 20th of November last year.
The hallowed Portals of Badree Nath Dham situated in the foothills of Central Himalayas has been opened early morning today.
- Question 108: Name the British Home Secretary who has resigned over immigration scandal?
Explanation: Britain's Home Secretary Amber Rudd has resigned amid a scandal over the authorities' mistreatment of long-term UK residents wrongly labelled as illegal immigrants.
Rudd, who was due to make a House of Commons statement, had been under increasing pressure to quit over the scandal involving Caribbean immigrants who were brought to the UK from the so-called
- Question 109: ___ government has extended the ban on the Communist Party of India (Maoist)
Explanation: The Chhattisgarh government has extended the ban on the Communist Party of India (Maoist) and six of its front organisations for one more year. An official today said that the ban has come into effect from 12th of this month.
- Question 110: Name the Former AIFF President who died recently?
Explanation: Former President of the All India Football Federation (AIFF) and ex-member of the Appeals committee of FIFA, P P Lakshmanan passed away at Kannur in Kerala early today after a brief illness. He was 83.