- Question 1: Methane is present in which of the following gases?
1. Biogas 2. LPG 3. CNG 4. Water gas Code :
Explanation:LPG mainly contains Butane. Water gas is obtained from opium and used medicinally to relieve pain.
- Question 2: Ginger is an example of :
Explanation:In some plants, stems are modified to perform different functions. Underground stems of potato, ginger, turmeric, zaminkand, colocasia are modified to store food in them.
- Question 3: Which of the following is/are a modified leaf?
1. Spines of Cactus 2. Tendrils in Pea plant
Explanation:Leaves are often modified to perform functions other than photosynthesis. They are converted into tendrils for climbing as in peas or into spines for defence as in cacti. The fleshy leaves of onion and garlic store food. In some plants such as Australian acacia, the leaves are small and shortlived.
- Question 4: Endoplasmic Reticulum is associated with synthesis of the which of the following?
1. Protein 2. Lipid Code:
Explanation:Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum is frequently observed in the cells actively involved in protein synthesis and secretion. They are extensive and continuous with the outer membrane of the nucleus. The smooth endoplasmic reticulum is the synthesis of lipid.
- Question 5: Arrange the following elements present in earth's crust in increasing order?
- Question 6: Which of the following will have cellulose as a constituent?
1. Cotton fiber 2. Plant cell wall 3. Paper
Explanation:Plant cell walls are made up of cellulose. Paper made from plant pulp and cotton fibre is cellulosic.
- Question 7: Which of the following statement (s) is/are correct?
1. Oxygen travels from atmosphere to lungs due to Diffusion Process.
2. Diffusion is to the concentration gradient. Code:
Explanation:Oxygen travels from atmosphere to Lungs. Because of the pressure gradient.
- Question 8: With regards to Environment Impact Assessment, which of the following statement(s) is/are correct?
1. Public can express their opinion. 2. Environment Impact Assessment was introduced in 1978 with respect to thermal power plants.
Explanation:Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) was introduced in India in 1978 with respect to river valley projects. Later the EIA legislation was enhanced. Environment Impact Assessment is now mandatory for 30 categories of projects.
- Question 9: Which of the following statement (s) is/are correct about Environment Protection Act?
1. The Act is to implement the decisions of the United Nations. Conference on the Human Environments.
2. The Act was passed in the wake of the Bhopal Tragedy. Code :
Explanation:Environment Protection Act, 1986 is Act enacted by Parliament of India. In the wake of the Bhopal Tragedy, the Government of India enacted the Environment Protection Act of 1986 under Article 253 of the Constitution. The purpose of the Act is to implement the
decisions of the United National Conference of the Human Environments. They relate to the protection and improvement of the human environment and the prevention of hazards to human beings, other living creatures, plants and property.
- Question 10: Which of the following statement (s) is/are? correct related to Montreal Protocol?
1. It is an international treaty to protect ozone layer.
2. India is a signatory to Montreal Protocol. Code :
Explanation:The Montreal Protocol (A protocol to the Vienna Convention for the protection of the ozone layer) is an international treaty which aims at protection of ozone layer by phasing out the production of numerous substances that are responsible for ozone depletion. It was agreed on 16th September, 1987 and entered into force on January, 1989.