- Question 1: Fill in the blank: After interest rate cut on small savings schemes, Kisan Vikas Patra will yield __ per cent with a maturity of ___ months.
Explanation: PPF and NSC will fetch an annual interest rate of 7.9 per cent from the existing rate of 8 per cent, while Kisan Vikas Patra will yield 7.6 per cent with a maturity of 113 months.
At present, the interest rate on KVP is 7.7 percent and maturity is 112 months.
The girl child savings scheme Sukanya Samriddhi Account will fetch a lower return of 8.4 percent from 8.5 per cent.
The interest rate for the five-year Senior Citizens Savings Scheme will now fetch a lower rate of interest at 8.6 percent from 8.7 per cent.
- Question 2: New railway timetable which has come into effect on July 1, has reshuffled the timings of around __ trains?
Explanation: The zone has introduced two new Tejas Express trains on the New Delhi-Chandigarh-New Delhi and the New Delhi-Lucknow-New Delhi routes.
- Question 3: Jal Shakti Abhiyan will be launched across the country from __ to accelerate water harvesting and conservation measures?
Explanation: The scheme is aimed at making water conservation and promotion of irrigation efficiency a mass movement through asset creation and communication campaigns.
These teams will visit identified blocks and districts, and coordinate the implementation of various water harvesting and conservation measures.
- Question 4: Govt will introduce new return system for GST on trial basis on....?
Explanation:The second anniversary of Goods and Services Tax (GST) will be celebrated on July 1., 2019
It was launched on the 1st of July, 2017 at a function held in the Central Hall of Parliament on the midnight of 30th June, 2017.
Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs Anurag Thakur will preside over the function to be held in New Delhi to mark the occasion.
- Question 5: Where is Chhabra Thermal Power Plant ?
Explanation:1. In Rajasthan, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot inaugurated 5th and 6th Unit of Chabra Super Critical Thermal Power Station this afternoon.
2. This is the state’s First project based on Super Critical Thermal Power Technology and the estimated cost of this project is 9 thousand 550 Crore Rupees.
3. With the starting of power generation at this project, 3 crore additional units of power daily will be generated and 78 lakh new consumers will get benefitted. This Project will not only meet out the power demand of the state but also it will make the state independent in the power production sector
- Question 6: ___ systems is set to become cheaper after the Reserve Bank of India decided it will not impose any charges on such transactions?
Explanation:Fund transfer through Real-Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) and National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) systems is set to become cheaper after the Reserve Bank of India decided it will not impose any charges on such transactions.
After announcing its decision to waive all charges on fund transfer through RTGS and NEFT systems from today, RBI has also asked banks to pass on the benefits to customers from the same day.
- Question 7: Wimbledon is played on...?
Explanation:1. The Championships, Wimbledon, commonly known simply as Wimbledon, is the oldest tennis tournament in the world, and is regarded by many as the most prestigious.
2. It has been held at the All England Club in Wimbledon, London, since 1877 and is played on outdoor grass courts
- Question 8: Veer Chotrani is related with...
Explanation: In Squash, India won a gold as Veer Chotrani beat compatriot Yash Fadte to win the Under-19 title at the Asian Junior Championship in Macau, China.
With this victory, Veer became the third Indian to win the Asian trophy after Ravi Dixit and Vela Senthilkumar.
- Question 9: Singhey Khababs Sindhu Festival is celebrated in...?
Explanation:1. Ladakh Singhey Khababs Sindhu Festival celebrated on the bank of Indus River at Leh.
2. The festival presents the Indus River as a symbol of the multi-dimensional cultural identity of India that got its name from the Indus River.